Tree of Savior Forum

[Discussion] How would you improve the Enhancement System?

+1 for mats improving the chance of enhancing. It’s common in other RPGs, you give your weapon and some ore to the blacksmith and he makes a better weapon.

cap the damn thing at +21, then lower the success rates from +18 - 21 significantly, make it 5-12% maybe.
then introduce an item that can recover potential.
make it rare by putting it in CM stage7 cube, WB cube, or even Cystal Mine shop at 40k points maybe.
for those who has +40 shield, just be thankful that you haven’t gotten banned for abusing diamond anvil event.
and stop abusing.

1 Like

You can’t have 40k points
The cap is 32767 coins

No reason to ban people because of it, it’s IMC fault to not check this things and it’s a lot of work to buy tokens and transfer the items, If the person get bad luck all the effort will be in vain, gladly it worked for the +40 shield guy.

If players knew beforehand it would be allowed and not be punished, there would have been tons of masinios and velcoffer weapons 21 31+ on every server.

Well I think a lot of players knew it (including me) because this is the same event that happened on kTOS.
The problem is, it needs a HUGE amount of silver and luck when opening the Velcoffer Boxes (because of the expiration date of the Diamond Anvils) and dedication to get it done and if you are not lucky enough to get good enhancement all your effort/resources would be wasted. That’s risky and even if I had the resources to do I would’ve thought twice before doing something like that.
I don’t know the guy whos managed to get +40 shield, but I would like to know how much silver he spent and how lucky he was when opening the boxes/how much time was left in the Anvils when he got the Velc Shield.
My main corcern is why Shield? Defense is so lame on this game +16 shield is already good, really no need to waste resources on +40, maybe he was not lucky with the weapon.

If you ask me, I would introduce an enhancement system alternative that relies on certain resources to guarantee successful enhancement of equipment while effectively capping the enhancement at a certain level (I would suggest +16).

E.g. Velcoffer equipment would have the option at +5 to either go the traditional route of anviling, costing silver and anvils, or going the alternative route, costing Velcoffer Soul Fragments and silver for guaranteed success in upgrading.
I’d suggest that the cost of fragments would be dependent on the amount of equipment slots they occupy, and rise by a certain amount per upgrade.

I’ll make an example upgrade path for Velcoffer Mace and Velcoffer Staff, listing the costs for each upgrade step and the cumulative total:

Velcoffer Mace

+6 = 0 Soul Fragments
+7= 1 Soul Fragment
+8= 2 Soul Fragments
+9= 3 Soul Fragments
+10= 4 Soul Fragments
+11= 5 Soul Fragments
+12= 6 Soul Fragments
+13= 7 Soul Fragments
+14= 8 Soul Fragments
+15= 9 Soul Fragments
+16= 10 Soul Fragments

total amount of Soul Fragments required for +6 to +16 = 55 Soul Fragments

The reason why +6 costs 0 fragments is because it will exchange the tradeable Velcoffer weapon for an untradeable version (only storage&team storage available), which is then upgraded accordingly

Now for the Velcoffer Staff:

+6 = 0 Soul Fragments
+7= 2 Soul Fragment
+8= 4 Soul Fragments
+9= 6 Soul Fragments
+10= 8 Soul Fragments
+11= 10 Soul Fragments
+12= 12 Soul Fragments
+13= 14 Soul Fragments
+14= 16 Soul Fragments
+15= 18 Soul Fragments
+16= 20 Soul Fragments

total amount of Soul Fragments required for +6 to +16 = 110 Soul Fragments

As you noticed, it costs twice the amount of the mace to upgrade this staff. This is because it is occupying two equipment sockets. As the mace owner will also have the requirement to upgrade a shield or subweapon, he is forced to spend twice the amount in total to upgrade both slots to the maximum.

This is why the two-handed weapon should cost the same, to equal out the disadvantage of having to upgrade two separate equipments.
Also, as this is just an alternative, one might want to take the risk of upgrading normally instead to avoid the steep costs of two-handed weaponry and/or settle down with a lower upgrade value.

The benefit of this system is that running the content [especially Velcoffer and ET] still has value after you have gotten all your equipment pieces together, as you can continue to upgrade your complete equipment this way up to +16.

I’d introduce a similar system also for First Refuge equipment [consuming a new form of Sierra Dust] and Earth Tower equipment [consuming essences and fragments] to improve their overall performance while disabling them to go to the market, so this is only rewarding the players personally who put certain amounts of effort into the game.

I think would be better to have an unified way of enhancing… making different ways for different weapon tiers (or rather collections, as you suggested) would make things too complicated, and we already have it this way. We have to consider that some people might not be running for Velcoffer / Masinios, and as players they deserve same treatment, otherwise they will stuck with this problematic enhance system.

But your idea is nice, that goes alongside the other guys suggesting to allow ores (or we can say Items, in any sort that we could consider here). Not sure about the guaranteed success though, maybe some % luck should exist too, but with different rates and consuming Potential when failing too. Cause if it will not fail at all, then I guess there is no reason to consider going the Anvil enhance route, cause not being tradeable is something that we can manage, specially if you can share through storage. That would be too much, specially for the actual endgame weaponry.

As much as i want this frustating system gets removed, the reallity is IMC will never change it because how they have monetized the game around this system.

My idea behind reducing to +10 is that if you really want the max out of your weapons, aka go to +15, it should be a high-risk-high-reward system for the rich players. Those who have billions of silver will try it and thus remove tons of silver from the game. Also, reducing the upgrade level to +10 on failure creates a somewhat balanced upgrade level the devs can expect and balance monsters around instead of the currenty “players have anything between +0 and +50”, while the players can try upgrading to +15 as long as they want/can afford it (due to lack of potential system) to max out their stuff to +15.
It’s simple : If you have a +13 weapon and don’t want to risk going down to +10, don’t risk it.

How else is IMC keep the game p2w, If they removed those enchantment.

Remove it completely and make the base weapon somewhere around +11 level. Keep transcendence in its current form. Remove potential completely, boost rewards for item disassembling.

Make weapon/shield shiny at lvl 5 Transcendence, super shiny at lvl 10 Transcendence.

Introduce more things like enchant jewels to boost the value of equipment.

Content will never be challenging as long as you can just power creep your equipment to ridiculous levels.

8 Likes

Diminishing returns on each enhance level.

Enchancement system like in ToS is outdated mechanic, people no longer like it since its nothing more than luck-grind-fiesta with bajilion of +'s and even more annoying when you want to swap to new gear.

Enchancement system should be scrapped and replaced with something less annoying yet grindy in its own way.
IMC made good step in introducing random stat gear (diablo-like loot) into the game, in my opinion they should work more on this idea and make it the major RNG part of the game, where you need to grind in hopes to drop something cool or epic.

Getting good gears in diablo 2 or POE was taking a lot of time, though there is no enchancement system. So doing RNG drops is more than enough.

Though on the other hand I like the idea of items having potential in it, like in TOS.
I would expand on this idea and give possiblity to spend potential points in various ways (but all are 100% chance to success, you just decide on what you spend your potential):

• unlock sockets in gear
  • awakening gear (rerolling will not eat potential, only unlocking awakening stat the first time should)
  • transcending gear (each trascend level eat potential rather than blessed gems)
  • ???

Then give possiblity to earn some amount of potential:

• mastery of equiped items - your gear gain exp together with you and can gain up to “x” mastery levels, each level give you 1 potential point
  • anvils/blessed gems - use it on an item to unlock up to “x” additional potential points
    -???

Summing it up it will:

• not piss you off when you want to swap gear
  • doesn’t require tons of luck to upgrade your gear, but to drop it or buy it from others
  • encourage people to trade more
  • remove silver sink - but there are tons of possiblities to create silver sink, attributes are good ones already
1 Like

Even though I dislike the idea of adding even more complexity to equipment in general, I think this idea would be awesome! Refilling potential by just using the equipment would be amazing. They could even bring cash shop items to do that (as long as they keep an ingame method too).

Remove potential, problem solved.

3 Likes

Remove Velcoffer Nest + all raids and their respective equipments, problem solved

I don’t understand why IMC is still keeping this sh!t up that you have to farm for months and then your items fail to go to +11 or +16 and you’re screwed, while other players have +26 or +40.

■■■■ them and ■■■■ IMC for their upgrade system that’s just a bunch of salt mining for the majority.

Just making upgrading like transcendence would be enough to keep the game balanced.

Lately, I’ve played some Aura Kingdom, and their enhancement system is great.

It also has potential, but the potential is boosted when you fail enhancing and if you fail enough times, you will succeed upgrading with 100% certainty [i.e. once your potential hits 100].

There also seems to be no downgrade, and the limiting factor is the availability of item upgrade permits and fragments, which can be gained by dismantling equipment you find.

1 Like

So you are ok with super whales getting all +40 equipment?

An example on how our enhancement system is bad and how +8 and beyond is always 50/50 and very frustrating

1 Like

All that hard work and no real enhancement happened.

I’ve been in his shoes so many times :disappointed_relieved: