Tree of Savior Forum

Direction for Unpopular Classes

I would like to start a general discussion on how certain classes should get buffed and why in the off given chance IMC could take these into consideration.

While many classes have been reworked and/or buffed with the new Episode 11 update, not all the less popular classes have been reworked. I would like to get a discussion going to give IMC a direction and more input for some of these unpopular classes.
@GM_Francis @STAFF_Bob @STAFF_Amy

With Quarrel Shooter now as a Defensive Class please update “Kneeling Shot” which is for auto-attacking and not necessary anymore to

“Kneeling Guard”. And allow for the use of Quarrel Shooter skills much like Cannoneer’s “Bazooka Stance”.

Kneeling Guard:

Tool tip: Kneel down to improve your concentration. Increase block and attack and allow Quarrel Shooter skills. Using Kneeling Guard again will cancel your kneeling state.

Physical damage 15%

Block +??

Use Quarrel Shooter Skills

Attribute: Lv.? Kneeling Guard:Enhance

• Increase [Kneeling Guard]'s physical attack increasing effects by .5% per attribute level.

Also, please updating or change the mechanic of “Rapid Fire”. The skill is just like auto-attacking, but the arrows do not hit smaller targets because of aim. Please consider:

1. Make hit scan like Ranger’s skill Spiral Arrow

2. Stronger Version of Archer’s Multi-Shot with ability to aim

3. Charge Skill like Mergen’s Homing Arrow with auto aim

Or, keep mechanic the same, but please consider:

Rapid Fire:

Tool tip: Load multiple arrows into your crossbow and then fire them in quick succession at an enemy. Deals 50% additional damage to targets in Fear.

Skill Factor: 90% x no. of hits.

Arrow Count: 6 + Additional Skill Level

Maximum Loading Time: 0.5 Second

20 Seconds

2 Overheat

Consider making an attribute for the Pavise Skill to become a turret without the need for a new crossbow as well.

1 Like

I also think there needs to be a solely crossbow-focused class in addition to quarrel shooter to synergize with.

The bandaid fix that is the new crossbow isn’t going to fix the class, but is a really neat idea. Small ballistas or catapults would be really cool–why not give it to a crossbow-oriented class?

Agreed that rapidfire needs a complete rework too.

1 Like

I already did my appointments on what i think Templar needs on this post:
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/templar-issues-and-suggestions-discussion/401550
But it was almost a dead thread.
Resuming the suggestions so far its:

• Advanced Orders and Battle Orders on foot.
  • Rework the Forge.
  • Buff on Mortal Slash(cast time + damage)
  • Make the horse more gameplay friendly.
2 Likes

Rapid fire into Running shot! only works with crossbows.

1 Like

I only play Wizard classes so I’ll just shed some light.

• The direction for Dark Wizards seem to be good. Of course you won’t see a surge of Dark Wizards pop up overnight but from Youtube videos, it does look like more people are looking into playing Dark Wizards. The more popular ones are Warlock, Featherfoot, Bokor and Necromancer.
  • Shadowmancer despite all the changes, seem to be outshine by Featherfoot as a single target DPS damage dealer. There need to be easier methods to apply “Blind” debuff. For Featherfoot, applying multiple debuffs and Curse is so easy, mainly because applying “Curse” is a 100% chance, while applying “Blind” is not 100%.
  • Sorcerer is probably the least popular of the summon classes. Sorcerer only pairs well with other summoners, while Necromancer and Bokor can pair with other mages such as the Dark Mages. What I feel can make Sorcerer more playable is to make more Demons viable, or maybe more special effects from different demons. Giving different Demons different elements can also make it fit better with other classes. For instance, Marnox can be “Fire” element and can work together with Fire builds, and Froster Lord can be “Ice” element and work well with Ice builds.
  • Sage despite being a green class (not yellow, if it is yellow means it’s like a merchant class), does not get much ways to actually support parties. What should be done is not improve the damage (which is what they have been trying to do, nerfing the damage and buffing it back), but improving the support capabilities of Sage. Also, the duplicate and enlarge attributes are practically useless. If you want to include them at least make them usable, or just remove them entirely.
  • Alchemist is a merchant class and should not get much offense or support in PVE. However, more can be done to make it at least a bit viable. They do have good support from HP SP potion but that’s it. Maybe some sort of skill that throws like a flaming or poison potion (but then it would be similar to some Wugu skill I believe?) instead of the useless Combustion and Alchemist Missile.
  • Chronomancer is mainly taken now with other high damage classes such as Taoist, Elementalist etc to Pass their own skills. I think Chronomancer is great but maybe 1 thing I might change is Slow. Currently slow has such a ridiculously small AOE and “Enchant Slow” isn’t even 100% chance. What I might suggest is to make Slow some sort of Magic Circle that slows enemies that enters it. This can make it a lot better in CM, and also provide more Slow synergies with other classes notably Sage.
1 Like

I already posted some suggestions for Sadhu…

1 Like

I’m not expert but that’s how I see it.
First… fixing Magnum Opus would be nice, so ppl can make Homu again (it’s still max lvl 5 since ReBuild)… On the other hand, maybe rework Homunuculus so it could work somehow in summoners builds (well, that’s my build right now so I may be biased here).
Alchemist Missile is clunky, maybe if it worked more like magic missile… dunno…
Overwall Alchemist have a lot of skills so you have to balance it anyway, if you want some offensive skills you have to skip some crafting one - not that it’s bad. Then again there are skill like Dig that right now are pointless over lvl 3…

Alchemist is almost fine, combustion is actually pretty good. What need fixing is Homunculus seriously.
That 10 days limit requires quite a lot of work and a crappy pet AI.

And get rid of Dig… it’s only purpose seems to be for digging up crap for combustion, but we can just buy a bunch of random junk from npcs to use as ammo anyway. Change it to some supportive skill or to do with the potions

TBH that skill is so useless that I forgot it exist

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.