Tree of Savior Forum

Dexterity: Probably the Best Stat in game

simply because it increases

• Accuracy
  • Evasiveness
  • Critical Hit Rate
  • Damage (if you’re an Archer but Strength increases it more)

simply put it’s like Dex, Agi, and Luk stats from Ragnarok all compressed into ONE stat! That’s amazing!
Although damage wise, STR would be what an archer would want to raise in ToS instead of Dex since
it gives more Physical Attack Damage than a point in Dex.

Meanwhile INTELLIGENCE increases both Magic damage and SP pool in Ragnarok, however in addition of
the stat called SPIRIT in ToS that doesn’t seem to be the case. Yes, INT has been split into TWO stats while
Dex, agi, and Luk are compressed into one.

So think about it, As an archer you’re a long ranged based Class. Able to hit enemies from afar, with kneeling shot you are able to shoot enemies as far as your maximum zoomed out screen in addition to greatly increasing your damage while on that stance. That means, if you’re hitting them high enough they will die before they get near you.

BUT guess what happens if they DO get near you… Nothing you can still kill them with ease. Why? Because Dexterity gives Evasiveness, you wont ever have to worry about missing a shot nor taking damage as long as that monster isn’t like 10 levels ahead of you.

As long as you build Dexterity, and a little bit of strength these mindless linear scripted AI you call monsters wouldn’t even have a single chance of touching you. (Unless they use magic lel)

6 Likes

Dexterity: Probably the Best Stat in game for archers.

I mean, I can see other classes can greatly benefit from it.

I don’t understand how you can bash intelligence as a stat and then mention that magic is a direct counter to dex classes, lol.

Also even as an archer you need to split stats with str…

1 Like

I’ve actually seen this first hand, an archer was afk grinding using the kneel shot, It didn’t matter that he had 6 enemies around him attacking him as all that appeared was"dodged" “dodged” “dodged”. I think he was 2-3 levels above the enemies which I don’t think is enough to completely disregard them as a threat fro most others.

didn’t really bash on Int, more like shouldn’t INT do more than just increasing magic damage? It just seemed unfair for Magic Users…

And yes, I did specify you needed strength as an archer too.

2 Likes

I think INT is fine with just increasing damage, since your magic can’t miss or crit you can focus on boosting your damage or survival stats.

Any class that wants more SP builds into SPR so it is an even situation there.

Ah yes, it’s like combining an archer and an assassin :smiley: that’s how I felt as an archer reaching level 50. I could say archer is the best auto grinding class ever. Just stack up 10 coins of dimes on your Z button while on Kneelng Shot stance in the middle of Panto Archers field at Tenet garden and leave it overnight, get some sleep. I love it!

1 Like

Be that it may with INT, I still personally feel that you should get no physical damage from dex, I think it should be.

DEX: ACC, CRIT RATE, EVA
STR: PDMG, CRIT DMG

It doesn’t increase damage on archer, that’s a RO thing.

At least it isn’t RO dex where hunters flat out didn’t need any STR at all :wink:

2 Likes

yea but you needed Luk and more importantly Agi right?
In ToS they’re all in one stat, which is amazing!

Oh and I forgot to mention, there are also archers that builds accordingly to the mechanincs of Kiting.
Kiting means, hit and run but in ToS this can be easily executed as archers can shoot while walking backwards and with the addition of the skill Swift step this art gets even more easier! Plus enemies would still be having a hard time hitting you since you can evade all the attacks from your Dex alone.

Agi was only important for asp which is eliminated here.
If they get to you they would kill you in an instant. Since I get 2 shot by magic mobs of the same level. Let alone players.

You cannot afk farm with kneel shot in every location, in fact the skill falls off very quickly especially if you do no go archer circle 2 and 3, it becomes very situational.

Have you even played an archer?
You do realize that it has 2nd worst single target dmg output erly on right?

I believe people are trying to cause a shtstorm about archers. Archers have been discussed in feedback discussions and been explained but they are remaking it in general discussion.

GunBlades - Joined 6 hours ago

PM me when the other version says it OP. Until then people, read the feedback discussions.

In most MMOs with some sort of DEX type stat, they need it to evade because they’d die without it! I havent played the beta, so I’m not sure if they kept this true for this game.

sigh… I wish you could learn how to read…

I mean I did specify that I reached level 50 archer on this beta as stated in one of my replies here…

also yes, I run 2 circled archer and 1 sapper… Also I didn’t say every location, I specified that you need to be smart and at least not target enemies 10 levels ahead of you. hehe, you’re a funny guy. xD Try and read some of the post before you reply because you know, it kinda makes you look really dumb lmao… So please, scroll up a little bit? That be great ^w^ b

Oh? Interesting…
can you tell me these said mmos?

and yes, Dex here in ToS increases everything I mentioned on my first post. Really awesome right? You should try it!

To me “dumb” is the one who dishes out the word “dumb” first, as he lowers himself to a mere insults out of fear and insecurity and lack of respect for other opinions.

Why post if you cannot take criticism?

2 Likes

Ah! Where are you going? Come back? Aren’t you gonna dish more of your opinions? I mean c’mon man. You didn’t even reply on why you didn’t bother to read or scroll up before replying ya know… Instead you focused on the fact that I insulted you… I apologize, I bet you’re more talented than a trash like me. But yea, I wanna see more of your enthusiasm.

Oh and btw you can reply something like, “Oh I didn’t see your previous post cuz I fell asleep” I would accept that :slight_smile:

So I’m guessing you played archer too right? If so, can you enlighten me on how amazing they are? and what achievements you’ve gotten by building dex?

I lost-interest for you or this thread . I wouldn’t feel any satisfaction talking any further. Take it as you will.