Tree of Savior Forum

DEX vs STR debate

I suport this. ALL INT> ALL

For the other 2 guys above: read to the topic. lol.

CON is mandatory no con, you will die.

good to know. I guess that only points towards DEX, as the additive in a linear spreasheet isnĀ“t that great. My bet it that 10% per rank on STR+INT is the defense/utility aspect of DEX. Anyhow, large ammounts of DEX is better than STR exactly because that 70% bonus at rank 7 (is that right?).
My point being the defense/utility or anti-defense/anti-utility (DEX-SPR) stats theres more reward on working on the higher point of the curve (evasion, armor pen - critical chance) than the additive benefits of STR-INT even with the 70% (wich maybe over-value the defense-utility, facts that depends imenselly on the ā€œmetagameā€).
To trow allmy arguments on the garbage, lets say my guess could be verified. A patch of, lets say, 5% on the per rank bonus on STR can put the STR a margin bonus. At every point everything is viable. Thats probably mmoish every game design, right?

EDIT: Just read the 100% past 500 or 50% from 400-500. That aplies to the rank bonus, considering 10 ranks STR get 100% benefit, maybe 3 points for STR to 2 points per point on DEX. Althought all linear doesnt really change much. Or else, points again on DEX (as stated a lot on the above posts since my post), as it had a defensive aspect. I know magic canĀ“t be evaded, but iĀ“ve dodged many may be OHKO bosses special moves.

A lot of koreans archers say they build mostly for dex while english players recommend prioritizing strā€¦

Still undecided whose sheep Iā€™m going to be. :sweat:

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying. Theyā€™ve had the game for longer and have had more time to debate over optimization. The spreadsheets here are nice and all, but I feel like in practice it works out a little more biased towards dex. Like have you seen this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJhngRtBtEU? Pure dex craziness. But again, just for fletchers. Auto attack builds like QS should definitely go more for str.

I play a pure STR archer and my friend play a pure DEX archer. Weā€™re doing about the same dps but I had to spent extra silvers on HP Potions while my friend enjoying near to 80~90% evasion.

If you have the cash, go for pure STR and so called ā€œBest Gearā€ at end game content. Otherwise i suggest you go for pure DEX and add some STR whenever you feel you have enough crit.

EDIT: Both of us doing the same build Archer2>Ranger3

Is SPR not important at end game?

You can just substitute mana pots for SPR. Only reason I can think of to go SPR is to get the .2 MDEF/SPR, but that is way too low.

Ahā€¦ so even if my build spams skills, itā€™s still better to not put any SPR? Am I expected to spam mana pots whenever the CD is off in endgame? It seems rather costly.

There are ways to do ā€œmini gamesā€ in certain maps that give you big sp pots can do them in mutiple chs and mutiple times a day

Stat points are infinitely more expensive than Sp potions.

Donā€™t worry about SPR get 3 head gear with all sp Regan. Currently lv155 with 213 sp regeneration. That will save you money, and it wonā€™t cost you a reset stats potion in the future

Hmm all right thanks!

Hi guys!
Kind of new to the whole Archer class and I have been reading alot of different things. Right now Iā€™m lvl 148, I went Archer > Ranger3 > Fletcher. Planning on going Fletcher2 and then Cannoneer. My stats are as followed:

STR: 70
CON: 34 (I have been putting in those ā€œFree stat pointsā€ u get after completing story-line quests and Zemya Statues)
DEX: 141

6 points un-used still

Iā€™m currently pumping DEX because I have been told itā€™s really good. However, I feel like iā€™m not critting THAT much. Ofcourse I crit alot, but on certain monsters itā€™s more white hits then anything else.

My question is, should I just keep pumping DEX till the end or should I use my stat-reset and just go full STR or something?

Kind of confused and hoping the good people of these forums can help me out :slight_smile:

Edit: Oh and Iā€™m also getting +18 cri-rate from my headgears.

depends on your build plan

Ohh my bad, I edited my post!

yeah stick with dex
do 3:1:1 dex str con

The guy in this video has pretty good gears. But I feel like his attacks arenā€™t hitting as strong. If he went a mixture of Str/Dex where Str was higher than his dex maybe 3:1 then I think he would probably add a lot more damage to his ticks in Magic Arrow or other skills. Is it really worth giving up 1K per tick just for more DEX to have a higher chance of crit? He doesnā€™t seem to be critting enough to the point where its worth losing that much damage per tick.

1K was just a made up number btw :stuck_out_tongue: but yeah its an interesting debate. I havent tried the full dex route myself so I donā€™t know whats really better.

This is a all or nothing stat system imo.

1 Like

It wouldnā€™t, the added damage would be so negligible because heā€™s critting for 10k on magic arrow. If you added 100 str to his build, his magic arrow would crit for 10250 damage, which is pretty much unnoticeable.