Tree of Savior Forum

DEX vs STR debate

enjoy your 5% crit rate. you guys are going to want a minimum of 150 dex lategame in base stats. of course there are builds that don’t need dex like wugushi

Is this legit? Tell me it’s legit, if possible with source.

Cause I’m getting more excited having Lv15 Vendetta (+75 STR) on my build.

before 500 = 2 points for one bonus point

after 500 = 1 point for one bonus point, so every time you level up and use one point in this case you get the double from it. Vendetta just put fixed STR value, someone did a test about it and I even saw a screen S. somewhere.

you can check in http://wiki.tosbase.com/wiki/Stats

I see. Never knew about these.

1 Like

That was my point here is this topic before. Ppl just ignore this freaking bonus point, and it gets insane at really high STR.

PLUS, EVERY rank you gain 10% bonus STR. TEN %.

So if you have 500 STR at rank 1, in RANK 2 it will be 550. AT rank 3, 600. Rank 4 650… :grin:

isnt it should be 605 at rank 3, and so on so forth?

Rank bonus probably stacks additively.

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/stat-calculator/ look for yourself if you dont belive me :joy:

apologies . I thougt it works the other way :grin:

Swift step attribute give crit rate buffs

Yes it does. And? It doesn’t make up for the lost crit rate from going a higher Dex build. 25% doesn’t translate to pure crit % chance, just an increase in crit rate. So for example, if you don’t have any Dex and have a 1% crit % chance (don’t mistake this for crit rate), then you will only get 1.25% by the end (this is due to crit rate being a constant value in the formula). If you have 50% crit % chance on the other hand, then you will end up with 62.5% crit % chance.

TL;DR ver. Don’t go pure Str or pure Dex…that’s not the way to optimize your damage for most builds (ignoring DoT based builds or builds that don’t crit).

Ok so this Str vs Dex debate got pretty out of hand, but I don’t feel like it was taking into consideration what specific builds it’s trying to debate for. What I need is help deciding if I should re-spec my Ranger C3 Fletcher C3 from 3:2:1 Str/Dex/Con to full Dex, as shown in this video.

I’m 210 right now and coming up on the point where this guy is, though not with the same gear. I’m not going to have a Max Petamion any time soon, but the Magas Bow I can maybe scrape together after a bit of saving. Point is, Barrage/other Fletcher skills have high base dmg and benefit more from crit, as someone above said. Would going full Dex play the same on iToS as it does on KToS, or are damage calculations different or something? I sacrifice auto attack damage for higher crit chance on spell damage, as it looks like the guy in the video uses Oblique Shot as his basic attack replacement.

I’ve seen the calculations and spreadsheets, but these are all based off of what limited experience we have from iCBT, while that Korean guy in the video seemed to know what he was doing well enough solo’ing the 250 daily just fine with pure Dex. Is this viable now? Are the people going 4:2:1 for Fletcher C3 being misled? Or is full Dex just heavily gear dependent and situational?

Any split of Str/Dex is fine. A 100% Con build still does around 70% damage when using skills. Do what you’d like and you will be within 5 to 10% of optimal.

The problem I have with this statement is the evasion you get from high dex builds. 3:2 or 2:1 Str/Dex will have higher base dmg but lower evasion, meaning less survivability, whereas 3:1 or 3:2 Dex/Str builds will have lower base dmg, but higher crit rate, and overall higher average damage, plus the benefit of higher evasion leading to more survivability. It depends on what your definition of optimal is really.

This is all speaking for Fletcher C3, btw. I understand auto attack builds prefer higher str.

No, if you say that dex has both higher average and better survivability, then it is just better.

In my spreadshert warrioring, it seems to me that Str leaning hybrids have higher average damage by a little over Dex leaning hybrids which both deal more on average than pure Str or pure Dex.

So the choice is slightly better average damage with Str vs lower average damage plus more erratic damage with Dex, but more defense.

Or you can go pure Dex and still deal within 5% damage of the hybrids and get the best defense.

The choices at this point in the equipment/ skills/ stats meta really don’t mean much. At the top of the meta it will be all rng with enhancements.

If we’re talking about going pure dex or pure str, it highly depends on the base damage of the skill you’re using.

From my findings, if the skill does less than 900 damage per instance (multi shot, barrage, oblique, etc), going pure str will net you more damage than hybrid or full dex allocations. However, skills that hit for huge values like cannoneer and musketeer skills, full dex provides a significant increase over full str and hybrid allocations
Between 900 damage to the 2k damage is where hybrid stat allocations do more than full str or full dex, the closer it is to the 900 damage threshold (magic arrow) 2:1 str:dex does more damage. But as you reach the 2k threshold (crossfire) 2:1 dex:str starts doing more damage.

The difference is very minimal though, I’d highly recommend your stat allocation based on two factors.

1: do you enjoy more carry weight? Go str.
2: do you enjoy more evasion and accuracy? Go dex.

PS: also because of this behavior, that means for the first 6 ranks of playing, going full STR vastly outperforms any hybrid build or dex build, but the moment you hit rank 7 and your skills increase significantly on damage, then DEX and hybrid builds equalize or overtake with full STR builds.

3 Likes

I am currently level 62 with 59 str, 64 dex, 4 con. I was planning on adding DEx all the way till 100 before adding STR all the way. Is that okay? Also, when should I start adding CON?

Im 133 lvl. Currently going “1 str - 1 dex - 0 con”. My planned build Archer 3-QS3, Musketeer.

Is it wrong way to have a 0 in con? I have only 4400 hp, while other my party member usually have 7-10k+. And sometimes boss AOE hits me pretty hard.

Are there any high lvl archers, who have no con? Or is it impossible to play without con on high lvls?

We all know INT best stat op for Swordsman and Archers.

/20lolis

1 Like