Tree of Savior Forum

DEX vs STR debate

OK mister know all lol. You are just assuming that your build and your incomplete math are just better. lol ok be happy with that.

You are just rude.

btw I will just ignore you. :grin:

Basically your post’s TLDR is this: I feel like i liek to c yellow numbers 70% of the tiem and i so i put enough dex to see y3ll0w numbers pop up around 70% of the time.

Your post is shallow as ■■■■, dont even criticize others for not providing a complete exact damage model when you’re producing worthless garbage yourself.

It actually does not matter whether he factors in the crit rate/dex gained from equipments. In Dex and Hybrid Dex:Str builds, crit rate equips should also be prioritized over other stats because you will never actually reach crit % cap at max level.

To add to the math aspect: *Note @ max level
Since the formula is c = (crit rate - enemy crit resist).
Crit % = c * (42/280)

So to use as an example let’s pretend you have 300 crit rate with a full Str build and ignoring enemy crit resistance because it is a constant.
300*(0.15) = 45%
Now let’s add 10 crit rate for example from a headgear.
310*(0.15) = 46.5%

So we see a 1.5% increase of crit % chance.

Now for a hybrid Dex/str build, let’s use 400 crit rate this time.
400*(0.15) = 60%
and
410*(0.15) = 61.5%

It is still the same 1.5% increase, thus to conclude you don’t make up for crit % chance by using crit rate gear because both stat builds should priortize crit rate as a stat in gears to begin with. Second, there is no diminishing returns from crit rate at max level; enemy crit resistance is a constant so no matter how high it gets, the same amount of crit rate or dex you add will net the same amount of crit % chance.

In my opinion, a hybrid of the two stats is optimal but depending on what skills you use one is better than the other. (High base damage skills gain less from str, 100 damage from str is nothing compared to its 2500 base damage but 100 damage from str for a 550 base damage skill is alot).

Edit: Also, as a sidenote, since crit % chance is based on the integer system of crit rate. Any form of scaling to the crit rate number will increase the worth of each point in Dex and crit rate. The most notable one is Swift Step, with it 1 point of Dex is actually worth 1.25 crit rate and not just 1.

PS: Please don’t take into account Rogue’s sneak attack, its not based on crit rate, thus has nothing to do with this thread’s original debate.

3 Likes

why the heck are you so rude? I’ve seen your posts in a number of threads now and you just rude, insulting and patronising. Get over yourself yanyong.

Kids stay out of the internet if you can’t handle it.

You’ll be banned soon so w/e :slight_smile:

My post is absurd? You don’t need to calculate level 600 to see where your stats are going bud.

But you literally just restated exactly what I posted. See here:

If you’re going to make a counter argument, try to make an actual counter argument, instead of reinterpreting my original post because you have no argument.

lrn2readthx

2 Likes

Original? How is anything you posted original since it is but a shitty derivative of what i posted days ago in a previous thread. Also, very cute that you claim to need to project till level 600 while only illustrating str vs dex for a level 100 swordsman.

All that aside, the reason your post is absurd is your talk about basic attack damage being crap for pure dex build. All that matters is average damage. You are exactly the opposite of the simpleton earlier who likes to see yellow numbers pop up. Still a simpleton, but a different brand.

Says the simpleton who wants to just pump pure dex and then think it’s the most advanced and complicated build ever.

You’re not doing anything new. People have been pumping pure dex builds for decades now lol.

Get real here kiddo.

Hey if i wanna find out what stats i should go for when making a level 100 character who punches monsters with my fists i’ll come back and visit your brilliant post. Thanks :slight_smile:

Nothing is complicated in this game. But being able to justify why you do the simple things is apparently too hard for simpletons like you.

Very good post, polite, and helpfull.

I just pointed about sneak hit cuz other user said about that, plus it has something with this topic: with sneak hit you need way less critical rate ( 470 less critical rate on lvl 280, as is it 70,5% on a 0 critical resist enemy )

@odebidaph and @varuna Just flag and ignore the yanyong93 troll :grin:

Very glad this going to DEX side of things, from my perspective fom ICBT to now there are lots of posts misleading to STR, as the auto-attack archer had risen up on forum.
I guess this is a skill-based game, as it had a kind of global cooldown system, so, why would you use your turn doing less damage?
Another food for thought, the downside of using skills is the SP bar, but the game provides SP potions, so, why wouldn´t you spam on cooldown potions to speed up things?
I guess is time to introduce the damage formulas, so we can see the proportions of numbers, as the xp curve, there are set points where things jump. Meaning that as in leveling up you get more damage there are a core things of MMOs involved, the items.
So, as the damage itself goes higher the weapon damage scales too, and your acess to higher level gems for critical also. You could choose to wear plate as archer and enchant with red gems for damage, wich seems awkward too me. I choose the DEX and leather atributte evasion bonus and lots of skills from archer branch tree that synergizes in that sense.
From the versatility point of view the game embraces everything, but the RPG part of it is there too. Meaning if you like to auto-attack you probably will use less SP potions and could constantly do set amount of damage, on the down side you will progress a litle slower or be less versatly as to positioning and dodging, being better at sieging, just like the difference between picking Vayne or Graves, right? There are and will be some game modes also, there will be no best build at everything.
So a full build towards critical will have the same base weapon as a full damage STR one, and they can choose to go deeper either way, enchanting with yellow or red gems. You can theorically do any build, and if it is overpower or underpower there will be probably a patch you know. At ICBT i didnt find archers to be weak, i was face melting things (until Bramble where i find out that CON could be awesome), anyhow there was a buff, wich i get as you can choose all those archer classes viable.
As to the game now i see increasing DEX mostly for soloing content, critical and dodging is awesome, you can kill the mage mobs first. As to dungeon groups i have seen every class, so, seems like everything can fit, just do something, as there are some AFKs on random queu.

1 Like

There’s already a thread for this and it’s extremely simple. This game reeks too much of linearity that there isn’t really much to know.

Could you link me to the thread actually?

There’s a lot that i’m confused about in regards to stats and the damage formula in general

Didn’t bookmark it. Try searching for it.

Was planning for full str build for my swordsman initially but after reading around and I plan to change it to a mixture of str and dex build. Hard to rely only on dex since swordsman’s critical rate is pretty weak to begin with compared with archer. My plan is to get about 50% critical rate (dex, equipments and gems) with the rest invested into str and cons.

To achieve 50% critical rate at lvl 280…I assume I will need about 300-400 critical rate which would be about…200-300 dex.

crit chance is (crit rate-crit defense) * (42/character level)
333 crit is 50% crit chance at level 280.

This is with or without the calculation of critical resistance from monsters? I assume averagely 60 critical resistance since it range from 20-100 so I take the middle point XD

400 critical rate meaning i would need 200 dex and 2 x lvl 10 gem. Holy cow.

Or essentially could get lower critical rate and hope for buffs from cleric’s class XD

I would also like to clarify the misconception that adding Dex at high levels has diminishing returns. I’m going to take into contrast the difference between the current max level 280 and the future max level 600.

Currently, not taking into account the constant (critRate-critResist), @ lvl 280 each Dex or crit rate equates to roughly 0.15% critical chance. At level 600 however, this does diminish to roughly 0.07% which is roughly half the amount. However, most people do not take into consideration that all stats past 500 points gets double the benefit from a single status point. So once you get to Dex 500 which is around lvl 325~ for full Dex build and 380-400~ for high Dex build, you will essentially mitigate the effects of crit rate diminishing returns by getting 2 Dex for 1 Status point. This doesn’t even take into account the lesser bonuses you get before Dex 500 (ie. Dex400-500 = 1 bonus point every other level).

I’m convinced that IMC designed crit rate to have this diminishing return due to the scaling of status points in general or else everyone will be sitting at 100% crit chance past level 300/400/500.

1 Like