Tree of Savior Forum

DEX vs STR debate

Sorry, you kind of lost me.

Something about informing people on crit rate, resistance, and the soft caps. This, I agree with 100%.

But, uhh… everything else you said was pretty hard to understand.

Soft cap is defined considering party scenarios because the pve in this game is done in parties most of the time aside from leveling before Alemeth.

And reaching 100% crit chance without the help of supports is, god, hard.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

If you are really worried, just take Rogue Sneak hit for a flat crit chance (not crit rate, crit rate is different) + wait for the new [ Werewolf Card ] When attacking there’s a [★]% chance your attack will be judged as attacking from behind. Sneak hit 5 will give you 70% crit on any mob, regardless of their crit resist etc.

Yes, once you reach high crit resist mobs on those builds (and your equip won’t be enough anymore), you will have to rely on a high SPR krivis zalciai to reduce enemy crit resist + priest monstrance Dex buff + swift step 2 crit rate attribute + get lvl 10 green gems. However zalciai canNOT hit flying, and your buffs will cost some buffslots - need daino.

Yes, since zalciai scales greatly with SPR.

High SPR Cleric2Priest3Krivis1PlagueDoc is a popular full support build.
Yes, most krivis3 go INT.

Highest crit resist chance i could found was from Hogma Warrior inside Earth Tower, which is a value of 195. The Light Cap for current patch considers that.

And as for future content, if you want to consider the questioanble, just do a thing that you think that will work for the future.

Note: Lvl 3 Zalciai + 233 SPR = 0 crit resist even on Hogma Warriors. Anything above sets it down to negative.

Zalcai on Zombies

I don’t know zombies crit rate but its probably equal to their level or somefing. You can see their critting ability before zalcai and after. Even I get crits about 1/3-1/4 of the time with 0 dex when I zalcai stuff.

Edit: Here they are in Storage The knockback is too annoying and causes my deprotects to fail quite a lot :frowning: As you can see, they no longer attack altogether like they did in the evac one :frowning: Huge nerf for me tbh since only around ~6 zombies attack per enemy now and the rest ignores them. They also still crit a hell of a lot.

You can get to 100 % crit chance considering an ideal scenario and some little dex. 0 DEX is only possible if one would invest enough into getting top end gems.

in pvp dex will always win str builds.
in pve its different.

so what items can give you crit?

3x headpiece = 27 crit ( 9 each )
2x sissel = 74 crit ( 37 each )
manamana = 35 crit + gem slot ( lvl 5 gem 22 crit ) 57 crit total
any weapon + 2x crit gems = 44 crit
max pem necklace = 14 crit

archer 2 25% crit boost = 54 crit

total: 270 crit.

Isn’t 266 crit or something the cap?

head price max crit 13-14 if i not wrong so… 39 or 42 crit

At level 280, you need roughly 666 crit rate after crit resistance for 100% crit chance.

Crit chance formula: (crit rate - crit resistance) * 42 / level

Archer has a bonus Level/5 to crit rate = 56 at level 280
Default 9 DEX for Archer = 9 crit rate
You things = 216 crit rate
Swift step is +25% of the total.

So it’d be 351 crit rate.

Assuming a crit resist of 120, we need 435 more crit rate to reach 100%

Because Swift step is a +25% to the total, we actually only need 347 more crit rate to reach 100%

1 Like

I can’t wait for the new werewolf cards.

Also,

At lvl 280 you will probably always have a chrono in party, so count an extra x1.25 bonus crit rate.

Hmm, well in that case… they would only need 222 more crit rate. (adding a SPR krivis would throw everything out the window though :wink:)

you can get 14 crit from each head piece.