Tree of Savior Forum

DEX soft cap discussion

TL;DR Slot green gems instead of Red/Yellow gems, transfer overflow points from DEX into STR.

The problem right now is the only worthwhile gem to put into your weapon and secondaries are green gems, regardless of if you want to go a DEX build or not.

If you have the A2 swift step buff, you hit a soft cap for DEX somewhere in the 157~250 DEX range depending on how good your gear is (whether you have Max Pentamion, Manamana, level6 green gems or lvl5 green gems, etc.).

Because you’ll hit the 100% crit cap with green gems and Monstrance buff fairly early on, it’s better to just invest those overflow DEX points into STR instead. That way the green gems you socket into your weapon essentially turns into a value of 150+ Strength.

a 220 Xbow + Manamana is going to be the BiS weapon for virtually every archer build, so it’s best to revolve your stats around that.

Here’s a spreadsheet of all the different BiS gear setups you can do in relation to crit rate:

Obviously gladiator’s band might make more sense than sissel if you’re going high dex, but it really depends on how you choose to itemize. But let’s say we assume that our endgame setup will be something like:

Red Veris Gloves
2x Sissel Bracelets
Manamana + Superior Kracked Shooter
lv6 green gems in your Manamana +Superior Kracked Shooter
Then you can calculate how much DEX you should invest into and then put the leftover points into STR:

Then this stat build will allow you to reach 99% crit rate with a monstrance buff on without any wasted overflow points. And I have to say, getting +150 STR from slotting 3 green gems sounds a lot better than getting 48 Max attack + 29 Physical Damage from Red Gems or just 111 Crit Attack from Yellow Gems.

I must reiterate these calculations are not set in stone and are fairly uncertain for the future. We don’t know what kind of new crit rate gear or if lvl7 gems become obtainable, or we can all start running around in lolopanther 2-piece leather. These calculations also go entirely out the window with a level cap increase, so they’ll have to be re-calibrated again. But for now, in this current patch, I think these calculations can provide a pretty good reference for where your soft cap for dex might be.

Please give some feedback on where there could be possible errors.

Things that I’ve already taken into account:

-Crit Resist does not factor into this discussion because we’re talking about a soft cap, in most cases of an optimal party setup, there will be a Krivis1 support with 200+ SPR in your party that will debuff a boss/mob to 0 crit resist.
-Optimal DPS in general is not really part of the discussion, for now we’re just talking about a cap for DEX points. I know this build doesn’t work at all for classes like Wugu’s because their DoT’s don’t crit.
-Red Gems and Yellow Gems are absolute rubbish in the bonuses they give, even if we take into account the loss of bonus stats from splitting your stat pools, it still doesn’t compare to the trash values that Yellow and Red have on your weapons.

Now, let’s have a nice and civil discussion.

Formula:
DEX Soft Cap = (533.6-TotalCritRate)/1.3
Crit Chance = (Crit Rate - Crit Reset) /(Your char level/42)
Crit Chance with buffs = (((Total Dex)*1.3)*1.25)/(Your char level/42)

still need more than 500-600 crit rate to crit on Aias users or con dumps

Irrelevent to the discussion of a soft cap.

Just because you need 1200 crit to get a 100% crit rate on a full CON aias user doesn’t mean you should ever invest that much into crit rate. You’ll be hitting non-CON players with a 200% chance to crit, which is just wasteful in terms of stats.

1 Like

So we forget crit resist and 100% uptime in monstrance for gain around 80 damage in non crits and when in realgame enviroment where mobs can have 120 crit resist,u never have moonstrance u are doing 80 more damage than full dex and as 20% less crit

Yeah, that’s whole point a Soft Cap. When you’re in optimal conditions you’ll be outdpsing someone else who invested too much into DEX and will have wasted crit points.

When you go world bossing and you have an optimal support team, you will have an 80% uptime of Monstrance and bosses will be debuffed by a krivis’s Zalciai almost 100% of the time, so in that scenario you absolutely can assume that an end-game monster will have 0 crit resist.

Also I have yet to meet anyone claiming that having 786 crit rate is ever a good idea.

OT: Regarding Virtov Leather Gloves/Set, from where we can farm these? thanks!

240 blue fortress dun untradable gl

same with Didel? Have you manage to got one?
I was supposed to ask you but TS avoid OT topic, haha lol

Didle no that is sullas missions

no gem yet 3 days in nearly 5k I’m just on cruise control at this point.

I mean the virtov gloves, manage to got one also?
-> but this glove is untradable, no way to resell, lol

well GL with that, i pass-by the area yesterday and there are lots of QS running around.

Can i see your stat allocation?

50 str 50 con rest dex no gear

With gear like my bis something like 110 ish str 80 ish con rest dex so like um 340 ish dex

these points are distributed or the total points already with the appropriate bonus ?

Bonus points are already factored in.

I do agree with you style i just got 70ish con with little str then hard dex

What about marksman bow. Does it exist? Does effect work on boss? What about negative crit rate?

Edit: i meant crit resist going negative

Haven’t seen it, and if it’s from a demon world boss it’s probably gonna go for 50 mill or something.

Pretty sure crit rate just goes to 0 if you hit something with 700+ crit reset. This isn’t really for PvP mind you, that requires a whole different set of stats and what not.

Dont care about pvp. I recall someone saying crit resist can go negative, but I am not sure about it.

(Yes, I meant crit resist going negative not crit rate my bad)

that would throw my calcs out the window, if that were a thing.

If crit resist could go negative then pure STR would be the best build in most cases.

Ah, I see.

It would be nice to get some verification on negative crit resist then.