Tree of Savior Forum

Dex is so useless now

70% that really impossible for cri rate.

so it depend on your build , your style even your equipment.

if @simonlvschal love str more and thinks str is worth more dex so , no one stop you to go then.

ps: pp will properly find they own meta.

no 70% isnt impossible lol.

if u go 2x lvl 8 Crit gems and 1 Yellow lvl 8 gem in weapon. your already + 178 Crit rate. and if we strictly speak about archers then we can add in another 150 Crit Rate from our Swift Step.

328 Crit Rate so far.
if we add a level like 220

then its 110 + 328 so 438 however - 150 since its not a passive effect from swift step. so 288 Crit rate. and if we assume u got the best bow/crossbow u can with Crit rate, and all potential crit rate gear. then it should be more then accessible. to reach 70% even if only short time that u have 70%

What is 70% crit right now? Like, how much do you have to beat the crit resist of an equal leveled monster by to get 70% crit? The news had an example where 500 above was 42%.

Euphe can do with with their fencer, so you can probably manage something similar with the archer tree.
What do your stats look like in full swing Euphe?

Before if had 600 Critical Rate, and if the enemy has 100 resist then its 42%.

lets assume u Engage a lvl 347 boss called Hydra. and it has 174 Critical Resist that means

critical chance = (max(0, ¨1374 – 174)) ^ 0.6 = 70.38%

if we assume u can get 1374 Critical Rate since IMC used 1200 Critical Rate them self

pfft, that doesn’t work for 70% of the playerbase. They are just following what others say is the best.

1374 cri rate , good luck for that

ye after finding out its not possible. so ignore my statement of saying its possible

150 (Swift Step) + 165 (level 330) + 28 (Aspana Revolver) + 74 (2x Sissels) +28 (Regard Horn Crossbow) + 60 (4 pieces level 315 rare Leather HG armor) + 50 (leather armor attribute 4 pieces) + 225 (3 x 8* Green gems in subweapon) + 174 (3x 8* Green gems in crossbow)
= 954 critrate.

Since the critresistance is ± negated by the critrate added through leveling, having a 800+ critrate isn’t all that bad for high tier equipment. Also, lets not forget that the gear each cap gives higher and higher amounts of critrate, which are added on top of your critchance.
So, with the current flow, and unless IMC recalculates critrate again inbetween, you’ll eventually have your 60-70% critchance once you reach level 450-600.

This also means that at the current point where we stand (~ half of the level cap aimed at) the critchance must be low to have a non-100% critchance later on.
Don’t forget that some skills have a higher base critchance (e.g. Multishot & Double Slash) or a critresistance debuff (e.g. Zalciai and High Anchoring) by default/via attributes to help you reach higher critchances.

I think DEX is fair enough with all the boni it grants (Evasion, Block Penetration, ASPD) besides adding critattack; my critdamage is 2- 4 times[depending on the skill] the amount I deal normally so 25-30% critrate is all I need to have DEX being 100 times more effective than spending all into STR (also hooray for Kneeling shot giving 2x DEX as bonus attack :D).

^ There will probably be more crit chance related skills coming up in r9 and r10.

Another master of bad faith here :dizzy_face:.

I believe Fencer to be the most interested class in swordsman tree to be interested in building critical rate, as he is the only class in the game that has a general critical damage buff, even though it was nerfed.

Balestra Fente, from my tests, reduces 230 critical resistance at lv5 (dunno if level affects it or not). Its debuff is 12 seconds or something like that, so it pretty much uptimes itself for Epee Garde.

So, for a Fencer, you can count 0 critical rate from monster, if not negative (as from my tests, Balestra Fente puts your critical resistance in a negative state).

What we could calculate for a Fencer, considering what is at our disposal for building critical rate, those are necessary: 4 lv10 greem gems, Solmiki Dagger, Black Horn, 2xSissel and be at least Barbarian2. The critical chance against a 165 critical resistance target with this combo is 48%.

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=(max(0,+808+-+165))+%5E+0.6

If you consider 0 because of Balestra, it goes to 55%.

If there is something wrong, please correct me.

I don’t know how much critical chance I had with my full DEX Fencer before, but I don’t think it was more than 50%. Maybe with Balestra, but still.

Highlanders Crit attack passive is the same value as Epee Garde.

Nope, it raises the Critical Attack stat. Epee increases the result of the formula of critical damage, whatever formula it is now, that is, it also raises the 1.5*patk.

No, highlanders does a direct increase to critical ATTACK, fencers epee garde is critical DAMAGE,(Or “critical attack incerement” as expressed ingame) <- Describtion does say critical attack which makes it misleading though.

Feel free to do some tests with fencer though, maybe im wrong in the end :^)

Well then I learned something new today, that’s interesting.

It is for solo only. If we think about classes individualy we are going to face a problem everytime, because a single class is not meant to be able to do everything. A A2 sharing his Swiftness Buff will multiplicate a lot damages from his team if they invested enough DEX to reach at least 1000 critical attack. It’s same to say, if you go full DEX on a QS3 A2 and there is a Chrono in your team, you will eat every boss like it was a simple mob. I’m aware this game is a lot of soloing, but this is not the only way to play this game.

So, doesn’t crit attack still ignore defense? Shouldn’t that mean that against enemies with a high defense relative to your attack, crit attack becomes very strong with the new attack formula? Crit attack is always +1 damage, attack seems to be more or less than +1 damage now depending on the target’s defense. So if you have very high attack, crit attack becomes less valuable, but at lower attack values it should still be quite strong (assuming you have at least a decent crit rate of like 40%) I don’t fully understand the new attack-defense calculation TBH.

Well, it actually depends on the new formula, as some have been testing and it seems that critical attack is indeed reduced by pdefense. Though there might be a mislead on calculations as they were not done by me.

If we are talking classes like Highlander, Peltasta (DPS murm maybe) and Fencer, which have some type of defense nullification (Skull Swing, Umbo Thrust and Attaque Coquille) for single target, defense is not an issue. Now, if you want to AOE, then I think Critical Attack would be favorable, assuming it really ignores defense.

AFAIK none of those skills actually totally nullify defense anymore. They gutted them. I can’t even tell if using Skull Swing is increasing my damage at all. In fact, every defense nullification is totally gutted. Even Rodelero’s Shield Push only reduces by 1 point of defense per level now, which is just hilariously useless. Pommel Beat only ignores 5.5% of defense vs. small enemies at level 10. I think it’s very likely Skull Swing etc. are only reducing defense by a small % rather than completely.

Yup been saying this since Ktest. Armor Break doesn’t compute.
Hell even if they are working properly when your attack gets high enough, you hit the Min 1 in the log 10 function and as such Defense is no longer applies anyways -_-.