Tree of Savior Forum

Dex is so useless now

Unpopular opinion: Dex should provide skill cooldown reduction. NOT A LOT, maybe like 100 dex = 5% CDR. Maybe 10%. I don’t know enough about the game/endgame/future to decide what will eventually be OP in later ranks with later-game equips. But having dex increase attack speed and slightly lower cooldowns seems like a fun way to make Dex more attractive.

1 Like

Wot, why would they do this? What kind of nonsensical calculation is this?

It’s part of why Thauma C3’s are fuking amazing.
Defense becomes less and less relevant the higher your attack gets until you hit “True” damage and it’s just straight up
Only thing that’s not know is if how 0.x is calculated otherwise we’d just straight up know how much attack you need to break any given defense.

Your Attack * SF.

IMO they should’ve just added an agility stat for attack/skill speed + cooldown reduction. DEX could’ve kept crit rate but at something like +1 per 3 points instead of +1 per 1 point. A whole new stat is probably too much work for IMC at this point, though.

2 Likes

I completely agree. I wanted to see AGI in the game since open beta 1, but obviously that would be a ton of work for them–changing gear stats, monster stats, etc. But that would be the ideal path, it seems.

so how much critrate did i have with 659?
thats the best i can get out of my doppel.

And if i understand it right Hl Attribute gives + 50% crit atk and after that gets the skill % ?

Well, Skull and Umbo might be the case, but Coquille tooltip was not even updated on KToS. Not saying you’re wrong and we should be trusting the awful translation, don’t worry. But I still think it is ignoring as it says.

From my experience it still works, but it depends on which target we’re talking about, because if the target has little pdefense, well, ignoring it will not work that much. Remember those Infrorocktors on HG 150? Skull Swing made me do some damage that I could not before. The problem from this skill is the debuff duration, which sucks. At least coquille has some 100% uptime.

…However I agree on this and would bet on it more. It is not that those anti-armor skills suck now, it’s the defensive stats that seems to suck, even evasion is like that. That makes those skills less significant as they are ignoring less numbers.

If you assume this hypothetical new formula as true, then yes. Didn’t see yet a confirmation on how critical damage works yet.

which stat ISN’T useless? dex is like the least useless one…the other ones are also freaking useless.

YOLO!

Freaking hell the power creep out is real! Its the maplestory potential system again!

Ez diamond anvil. Hardcores in Telsiai are now buying these anvils for 100 shards. People are selling them for 150. Now he’d just need lv.9/10 gems. YOLO!

ps This was an earlier screenshot. He managed to bring it up to +22 with no potential drop.

Block

/twentycharacters

How do you reach lv21 anvil enhancement with diamond avils? Doesn’t it still reduce the potential by 1 when it fails or did I heard wrong?

It does reduce potential, but it surely is easier at higher levels since you don’t lose an upgrade when you fail which means slower potential decline compared to non-diamond anvils. Luck + money = powaaaaahhhhhh!

What do you mean by you don’t lose an upgrade? You mean if you used the diamond anvil to go from +20 to +21 and it fails it stays at +20 instead of going back to +19?

YES /20charrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs

1 Like

Expected nothing less from Nexon, especially since they have like 25% stake in IMC now.

Has anyone tried

Full Dex SR3 vs Hybrid SR3? What’s better?

Tried both. Right now I seem to be able to kill stuff faster with hybrid (200 DEX, rest on STR) at lv.324.

My gear is nowhere near endgame though so I’m not sure if by the time I reach that point, having more CritAtk would defeat the investment in STR for pAtk.

CritAtk scales really well with skill modifiers, especially Limacon, but it requires you to have decent crit rate too. In my case, I’ve rolled an A2 R2 Rogue1 w/ 7 WW card stack.

Thanks @ZeroFoxGiven and you are not considering going full dex at the moment with your rouge-SR3 build correct?

Well we have this now:

seems 200 is really the sweetspot for ASPD, tho the question still remains on how high will your crits be (focusing on DEX given crtattack) with 200 vs 300 DEX.

1 Like