Tree of Savior Forum

DEVELOPER'S BLOG - Future Silver Adjustments

Greetings, Developers.

So after giving everyone the possibilities to earn a good amount of silver due to instanced dungeons, you wanna restrict that after a short amount of time?

That’s Hypocrisy. Sure it was abused by some player’s being afk in a dungeon and / or using mulitply accounts to get the most silver out of their run’s for themselves. But besides the higher income your everday player was able to make it was your repeated carelessness not to have means for parties with black sheeps to remove them in some way.

“No means for someone to remove the black sheeps” - doesn’t it sound familiar? Oh, right:
Since you allowed the black sheeps - known as afk necros - to feast for over a year you already doomed your economy! You let them do what they wanted unable to declare the act itself as illegal or in many cases being able to ban macro users. Those people - often using multiply accounts - can buy what they want for whatever price they want and they continue doing so, because TO THIS DAY they are able to do so since A) You STILL do not declare afk farming as illegal and B) You still let OBVIOUS macro users use their afk necros like in the past.

But there is more: you boosted them! It’s absolutely necessary to adjust classes plus their skills and improve them. But nowadays they earn more than in the past and do so in shady places much harder the realize than in the usual Dina Bee spots.

What do i wanna say with this?

While you quickly did something to prevent EVERYONE to earn silver in a reasonable way (heck even the abuse here has it’s limits), you did not act when is was necessary in the past and created a huge gap between those abusing afk farming and those who did not PLUS not doing enough to prevent the nowadays 100 % illegal afk farming due to macros.

I would wish your priorities would come in the right order.

Best Regards

10 Likes

I’m honestly not sure why it’s hard to keep necro sorc macros in check.

Other games manually ban them non stop, even a single staff can do it on all our servers. Some even use the same scripts which made it obvious.

meanwhile we have to resort to banning them slowly, VERY slowly via Francis.

in that time, their backup necrosorcs would be ready.

Add:
Every time I invite a new player into the game, I have to do an epic face palm whenever they ask what’s this class farming here in the map nonstop, and why there are many of them.

5 Likes

Also even if you ignore macro necro, these changes seem to me telling otherwise
"If you haven’t farmed your silver already, you are in deep ■■■■ bcz we are adding more silver sinks and removing easy silver".

Ok agreed on removing ez silver (although its too late to come in iToS when dmg has been done and inflation already high). But adding more silver sinks in order to remove extra silver will basically kill off those players who didn’t do mindless dng farming and/or macro-necro.

P.S. I was wondering why system didnt create a forum topic of this dev blog :thinking:

3 Likes

The funniest part is that dungeons aren’t even the reason of the inflation. Things were expensive af before this “everybody gets the same amount now” system was added.

When I talk with them, the rich people on my server got rich because:

• they got no life, an army of alt, do Saalus on all of them and other dailies, resell all their shards and resell basically everything they get (the characters share the one same gear)
  • they have had an AFK necro/sorc for 1-2 years
  • they take the money of the AFK necro/sorc and no lifes by using their real money (buy gacha cubes -> sell the items -> get hundreds of millions of silver)

I’d like to see where IMC got the idea that the inflation and one of the main sources of silver came from the dungeons. Sure, if you have 15-30 characters that run 3 dungeons daily they’ll get rich fast, but that’s not the case of most people. And at least they play the game and work to get the silver.

I don’t know what kind of solution TOS needs for inflation though. TOS has a really bad and weird economy, but I’m not sure what are all the exact reasons and where to start to fix it.

6 Likes

I was talking on discord with a guildmate and friend that quit the game last year, and his main concern is a specific ToS design where you create multiple characters and/or accounts in order to get rich.
The real question here is:
How to stop this multiple character or account creating in order to get millions of silver in little time.

kTOS got recently a patch that increases the amount of characters you can buy, capping it at 40 characters. This is the real gap between Free to play players and P2W ones. It’s not just about raw silver obtained through dungeons, but using multiple characters to get multiple rewards on different instances. kTOS also got this updated Daily quest w/silver reward and it doesn’t help inflation at all. It will be the same 30-40 characters doing “daily chores” to get even more rich in less time than Free to play players.
This is what must be addressed. Some people may say it’s too late 2 years later, in my opinion, it’s never late to improve the game, to close this gap between P2W and F2P and as well balance the amount of raw silver we generate. I have tons of ideas to implement silver sink NPCs and items to deinflate the econmy.

I’m glad you put it on the table, it needs to be discussed and ideas should come to improve this situation in the medium and long term.

7 Likes

Yeah, I agree with OP. Inflation is on the whale/rmt/botter side mostly, and doing dungeons with multiple chars every day was just a way to catch up to them for NORMAL PLAYERS. Also, in no way Belcopter and lv.100 attributes are something only “whales” want to get, I’m a pretty slow player but I’m slowly investing every ounce of my blood and efforts towards having a character that’s on par with the richest on server. By implementing a +10% attribute that costs, like, 100kk, you damage people like me who struggle to make lots of money, not people who already have heaps of silver and continuously make more. They won’t have any issue.

5 Likes

Inflation comes mostly from the dungeon tho, saalus creates a good to exchange for money, dungeons create money.
Rich players keep amassing money from these players doing dungeons since they waste money on low value stuff, i’ve sold a lot of **** equips for 300-500-700k, since they rely on doing dungeon to make money they havent the actual skills needed not to waste their money.
Imho the change is good as it removes the possibility for unindentifiable level capped bots accounts to solo 300 dun, and forces capped new players to explore hunting grounds or maps and actually farm items, learning about the game economy in the process.

For the extra buff once you reach level 100 enhancement i find it fine tbh, it creates an aboslute sink of money (people wasnt advancing past enhance 70-80 for the cost) that is NOT based on luck, this is especially good as once you hit the further end of gear getting a little bit stronger needs you to achieve impossibly costing items, both in time and silver.

2 Likes

Oh, it only took eight posts for the usual drama guy to comment, what a surprise. /s

You guys could argue with a bit of intelligence without sounding so whiny, you know? All those posts going “we quit becuz u meanies” are not really helpful, you know.

@GadenRhoss OK, that’s PART of the problem, the issue here is, it’s not just dungeons creating inflation, and that’s the only “ez silver source” for ‘normal’ players. I’m now relying much more on market, but back in the days I grinded raw silver for hours on end in order to afford the good stuff.

1 Like

It’s a 36 characters difference between people who pay and the ones who don’t… That’s way too many. Who needs that many characters anyway ? Unless it’s to enter an infinite loop of farming dailies.
I think the issue and the reason why they keep having to add more slots is because they stupidly shot themselves in the foot by using the pets for slots. If they had just made separate slots for characters and pets, they could have allowed players to increase their pet slots a lot while keeping a reasonable amount of players slots. They’d still get the money, and players wouldn’t be able to get an actual army of alts.

@GadenRhoss
Prices started to increase a lot over the years when people saw they could AFK necro/sorc all around the places. Then some players found a good “legit counter” to get money with the farming Scouts. But that was “fixed”. While the AFK necros weren’t.
And the new issue IMC is bringing - the fact anybody can get decent silver per dungeon because it’s not split between characters anymore - is only recent. It was introduced 2 months ago. But prices already skyrocketed before it was introduced. Tokens prices doubled or tripled way before that. Recipes went from 5M to 30-40M way before that.
While the dungeon raw silver does help in the overall inflation, it isn’t the main source of silver for players (unless they have 30 characters, but that’s not a generality and it’s IMC’s fault, not the dungeons’). It is more like a nice way to get extra silver. That’s why it’s a bit annoying that IMC is dealing with it as if it is the main culprit rather than look at everything that’s been going wrong.

On games with a healthier economy, I observe that your main way to get a top monster/field weapon isn’t silver. On TOS your main way is silver (directly or indirectly, because of too much RNG), that’s why people will always try all kinds of ways to get more silver.
IMC doesn’t want inflation, but at the same time everything in their game requires silver. It makes sense that people would rather farm silver and get a weapon that is already good rather than count on good apparaisal RNG and drop luck (with drop rates at 0.08% and 0.33%). Which also explains why prices keep going so high too: demand.
People don’t want to spend weeks farming for one item with decent RNG -> people who get them sell them -> they sell well and fast -> they increase the prices -> the ones who need them will farm for silver -> they still sell well and fast -> time to increase the prices even more -> time to farm silver extra hard. To that you can also add the fact potential and enhancements might destroy your expensive and good weapon.
Dungeons help with the inflation, but it isn’t the main reason people get rich, and there are more issues than “woah, everybody has a lot of silver now”. The fact everybody is saving all the silver they have is one of the symptoms, not the main issue.

5 Likes

There is NO inflation, inflation is something different IMC knows nothing about economy apparently or they are lying so the have an excuse to the stupid silver nerf that affect more people with few characters than those with an army of alts, nothing makes sense. For IMC: inflation is would mean that every day, every month you are making silver “cheaper” currency is devalued, this is not something that happen in games as some people may think. Devaluation of currency is not the same as inflation and after a devaluation prices get their right place quick, nothing changes really in the long run. Inflation would mean that every day prices are higher and i’m not seeing that, some prices even go lower each day.

Probably i will playing less or not playing at all.

2 Likes

I agree. I don’t think IMC was thinking that in that post. I would guess it just followed the ktos move and probably the same explanation.

IMHO, it is not a broken economy, as we see people trading from P2P or using market. But it isn’t as fluid as it could be. Most probably is that people don’t want to sell their loot and only accept very high prices. As the people who have the best loot are the oldest or the ones who farmed enough to get before the inflation, it made the pyramid scheme even harder to get to the top. IMC made a hold move which is creating the random stats gears and weapons which is a mechanic to even the poorest get something valuable to by. I think that was the trigger to some people spend big money and made some people who used to not have money to buy nothing, now can buy some nice items. That made these items like rare gears and recipes to be valuable , following Supply and Demand.

The cycle didn’t end and I think the lastest move from IMC/ktos is another from the one we are focusing on the thread, they introduced the gem seller. That can give the help to people trade items even more . The dungeons silver thing also helps with a different idea, they want us to farm the rare items and trade even more.

In summary, they are trying to make us trade which is valid , at least a good try. Without trading , the economy would break and can break if it reach this. I think we probably find the peak of the prices now.

My forecast is that we probably reach already some peak prices, which will probably stabilize and some will decline (the ones that are hype).

I don’t have an advice to solve the economy. That complexity is similar the one we find in the real world economic and it is really hard to influence and change things. In our case, it is hard to make good gears easily buyable without making the game so easy that would loose the game fun. My only wish is that the company behind TOS development start to invest even more to fix the many issues and make much more new content (not the contents already made and is holding to release to make it appears new ). I think it can be a successful game (aka a lot of players) , but that requires investment (I know it is risky and game economy is hard, but if you trust in the community, the product and developers, it can be successful)

3 Likes

I actually like this change. Even before the 300dung farming I already hated how good dung farming for silver was. (Cause I found it mindnumbingly boring.)
I had a guidlie who had multiple sr’s just for the sake of farming dungs. They made 6m a day p fast and this was before inflation.
I really did like the fact that the change to dungeons opened the farming up for all characters and to be able to be done in parties but honestly repeatably doing just dungeons was a poor direction for the game I’m very happy with the change. I absolutely agree with the purpose of dungeons being an exp catch-up and nothing more.

2 Likes

I get your point here and

this is something they did by creatiing a char and playing to earn something. Did so with an SR in the past myself and while it does not take long with a single one, doing it with multiple ones takes some time and endurance.

I would agree with that in general as well.
My point here is that they now manage to act relatively fast when everyone would benefit from something legit while not being able to do so for far too long when there were afk necros around, which were by far worse and partly illegal due to hacks and continuing to this day.
As long as that particular problem does not get solved it’s rather pointless and the shady rich players will stay on top with n increasing gap to your normal players.

1 Like

Yeah I completely understand your points and I agree. Afk necro problem was/is bad and it took far too long for the initial “fix” which stopped the non-macro way except for skellies raised tower attr. Did they ever bring the bugfix for that here? I know it was fixed in ktos.
They really should monitor this type of activity more or come up with some ways to prevent it somehow.

I do hope they would take these more seriously if they really want to improve ecomony.

1 Like

The dungeon nerf was sorely needed.

The 300 dungeon was originally 300,000 silver for running it, split between 5 people. During a lot of the time of rank 8, dungeon runs were much slower.

The rank 9 update lowered it to 220,000 per run, however EVERYONE gets the 220,000 silver with no split. The silver mushed into the economy from the dungeon per run was increased by 367%. On top of this, the dungeon was made much more popular because everyone is now spamming it to level from 330 to 360 (and class level 15). The dungeon is much faster to clear due to higher level players and power creep, and they even had the level up event where they handed out tons of multiply tokens and reset vouchers per character so you could run the dungeon for hours. Finally, thanks to the changes, you only lose a run if you are there when the boss dies, enabling carries to clear the dungeon extremely quickly for any number of people for hours on end.

Rank 9 in general has much higher silver output because of multiple reasons. Higher level monsters all drop more silver, and many of these monsters are being farmed/grinded for EXP, new materials, and unidentified gear. They are also generally dying much faster/easier than in Rank 8 due to power creep and easily obtainable viable equipment (unidentified gear). Challenge modes give around 400,000 silver for a completion of a stage 5 run, which are being done on multiple characters on a daily basis. Above all this though, the dungeon was insane. The cost of everything rose as a consequence of the dungeon changes. People like to complain about Tokens on Klaipeda costing 10 million silver, and other items being way more expensive than before, but they don’t realize a lot of this is due to inflation.

Yes, not solely; they rapid fire sent out a few gacha cubes with very popular items (Goro, Golden Pup, Christmas Sled, costumes, etc), which means less people are spending TP on Tokens to sell and more on cubes. Blessed Shards went up in price because everyone has to transcend their new equipment, which not only requires more than before, but many people lost shards breaking their old equipment as you don’t get all of them back. Less people were also running Saalus every day because they were playing the new content.

None of this however mitigates the fact that there was so much more silver being put into the economy than ever before. People like to blame “Necro bots”, but I personally don’t believe this is the major issue. The actual RMT bots using Necromancer don’t put their silver back into the economy unless players are actively going to those websites and purchasing silver; otherwise there is no harmful effect. Bots are being banned by the day, check the forum, that will always be a problem. These bots actually sometimes take silver out of the economy by selling certain items on the market (like Sierra powder). They take the silver from players, and if it is never purchased via RMT or it gets banned, it is lost. Even if it isn’t, tax soaks a ton of it, back and forth from player to RMT to player.

As for the afk people, yes, some are RMT, but they are not generating as much silver as you’d like to believe. You make way more money actually playing the game than doing this; the silver gain sucks. The only way you make good money out of it is if you are multiboxing to a large degree. Yes, many of them are abusing a bug with skeletons right now that makes them have infinite duration (we are getting this fix next content update), but also keep in mind that many of them are using macros. Even if we get this fix, this will not stop them from using macros to farm like this. This isn’t even necessarily a Necromancer problem, many classes could AFK farm if they use a macro. These players should be reported so they can be suspended. If you see someone AFK for a long period of time but they still have a Corpse Tower out, it means they are resummoning it automatically, which means they are botting or macroing; report them and move on.

People are saying that more character slots means abuse of the daily quests… no. The main purpose of these quests is the EXP gain and the silver is a side bonus. These are not worth doing purely for the silver, and especially not on a ton of characters. Even at max level, the most silver you can get from these is 144k, and yet it takes way more time than Saalus or a dungeon run. This is not damaging to the economy in any way. Please get numbers and facts before you rant.

As they explained, they are adding huge silver dumps that will provide relatively minor benefits for players that have overly large amounts of silver. It costs 262 million silver to max a rank 8 enhance attribute, and it provides an extra +10% extra damage on it when you do. This is +10% damage for one skill. It is an extremely, overly large amount of money to pay for that, and most players are not going to care… but people that min-max with large amounts of silver will bother. This is just one example of the multiple systems they mentioned (belcoper, legend cards, etc). Over time this will even the silver gap between the people hoarding and new players, and lower the amount of silver floating in the economy.

Overall, I am fine with the dungeon change. I was benefiting from it like everyone else, and new players will still get tons of silver leveling characters through the dungeons. Anyone can level a new character to take advantage of this as well. However, the damage to the game’s economy was getting worse by the day, and stopping the bleeding was important. There are tons of ways to still make silver if you need it (Challenge Modes, Saalus, HG, grinding, upcoming daily quests, etc). Removing dungeons from my daily routine on my main character is a blessing, so I have more time to do other things.

There. You ranted, so now I got my rant.

3 Likes

@Goldie centred another HUGE source of this problem: very few people want to farm for certain items, and those who do control the market because everyone wants to buy, not farm (it’s a very bad community in this regard), and any price will be accepted. Since the community is so lazy, maybe you should consider to introduce some facilitations… Ways to reroll single stats and not all of them, guarantee more stats, make it easier to raid and get masinios recipes… It’s sad, but it’s the only way to see some prices drop

2 Likes

You gain 500-700 silver per kill. And something you don’t really need to exert effort on to kill and can be up 24/7.

The issue here isn’t actually by gold sellers, it’s the fact that people you know in the game ARE the afk necros themselves. They even admitted that it was fun to do (and sharing scripts— a few days later I see them doing it, what the fuck? I thought it was a joke)because they are gaining a lot of silvers and gems.

You know they are real players because the names are very familiar, some are even guild leaders.

Just so you know, "the silver gain sucks"
Try playing a peltasta and taunt on one of these maps, kill them all in one go you get 5k-7k silver right away. Now have necrobots constantly doing this, eventually you’d earn as much without actually exerting any effort. Not even counting the gems here.

Maybe you are talking about DP2 where the silver gain actually sucks. Try solitary cells. I heard timerys got nerfed but haven’t checked there again yet, that map was cancer filled with 3-4 necros per channel last time I checked.

1 Like

haha to more silver getting from necro, not 300 dung, not active player, if you have few necro, you have 50kk per day clearing silver, but no one care about this, just go up price for what?
and instead of solving the problem, you still worsen it
:tired:

1 Like

The problem is that they do not give us an economic system based on our standards rather based on the standards of South Korea… for Koreans this whole s*it is normal…

for the Korean mmo the p2w and the bots everywhere is the norm. It can be seen in games like Ragnarok or Dragon Nest, the companies only want profitable things. You know how many games have been done lately on consoles with micropayment boxes do not you think it’s the same here? it was certainly the norm in mmo f2p to do this much earlier than in console games but who does not want this micropayment pie? look at the gachas.

I have come to think that they do it on purpose to win everything they can before this completely dies

1 Like

bro to get 50m per day you need like 30 necros.

1 Like