Tree of Savior Forum

@Developer, please read these thread about iToS people's opinion regarding healing tile at Re:Build

Yeah i guess priest-pardoner-kabbalist is just an overkill if you get heals on all of them. I’m still curious to see tho if that’s the case.

What you think is ‘fun’ to others is frustrating and prohibitive to quality boss design.

Good thing we will still have
Mass Heal
Resto Aura
Indulgentia
Tree of Sephiroth
Chortasmata
etc etc

Heal tiles were interesting, until every boss was designed around destroying or reversi’ing them as the main reason why they are hard.

In my main Velco group I use heal as a DPS tool, because my group dodges attacks and has general situation awareness. Revive and Mass Heal are enough to keep the group alive.

1 Like

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

And your point is…?

We can actually take a look at the boss fight in the level 330 dungeon to estimate the impact of the new system.

With bosses now heavily leaning towards one side of damage (either physical or magical) you can reduce the damage with the right armor set, and given the attack difference between Varle King and Velcoffer is about 12% on average, I doubt the damage difference would exceed 30% in total.
That would be between 2000 and 10000 damage per attack with lvl 380 T5 equipment (without damage reduction from skills like Bear, Stone Skin or Magic Shield).

Since lvl 15 Alchemist potions recover about 5530 HP over 15 seconds with 15 secs CD now, we need to exceed this by a lot just to make Heal a necessity.
If we add e.g. an NPC potion with 23 seconds CD, we get another 5530 HP every 23 seconds.

This means the character needs to be hit for over 11000 damage every 23 seconds to even require Heal.
And this doesn’t include potion boost effects (cards) or other potions with higher CD times.

If we consider other potions as well, that number can even rise higher.
I doubt players will get hit so much they actually require more than a Priest in Re:build on the hardest contents unless they’re hopelessly undergeared.

1 Like

/20adhominemexperthere

k so you are just trolling. Got it.

If showing that someone make this debate completly toxic by just blaming, shaming, attacking people on their intention, when this said person have no clue of it is trolling, then consider I’m a troll If you want. But It’s not only Ccsiko, also Velthari with this famous sentance :

Really healthy conversation over there, and really constructive I would say.

Since all you are doing is fanning the flames instead of offering input, yes you are trolling.

1 Like

By asking, you were the one who did it. You could let my post alone as it was clearly a “stop it please” message.

If I’m to compare between the heal tiles and direct heals, I would very much prefer the new heal now. It makes the cleric take notice of the party more than ever. Due to their single target nature it puts the cleric on the decision making chair where they have to decide which party mate to heal first, whether it is the tank that is continually taking hits or another member that is safe for the the next few seconds. It feels basic cuz it is a no-frills heal, which might irk some players who prefer to see more “innovative” stuff.

In Re:build direct heals have a much longer range, which is slightly further away from the edge of the screen. This is a huge plus vs the current heal tiles we have. Healers can heal away from the danger zone now.

I do beg to differ that heal tiles offer a more interactive gameplay than direct heals though. Heal tiles is by far the most brain-dead healing spell I’ve encountered so far. They last for quite sometime on the field when not used, hence they promote a style of gameplay that doesn’t care about resource management (resources here as in when and where to use it). As long as the player drops it when it is off cool down it is guaranteed that the party can get a set amount of hp returns as long as the players runs to it. The healer doesn’t really need to care much about how much hp the party has at any given point as long as he/she makes sure that the tiles are near the players.

Having 10 heal tiles now is like throwing 20 HP potions on the floor free for anyone to drink until 20+ seconds later where another 20 tiles will drop.

Direct heals switches the playstyle completely to be on the healer’s skill. They need to think whether it is alright to heal the target now or slightly later when they take more damage, and risk being “on cooldown” for the next 10 seconds. It forces the player to learn how to manage cooldowns and make decisions based on the limited resources he or she has.

==========================================================

@Umineko

The 330dg boss hits really hard btw. I’m running 14-15k pdef/mdef and still can get 3 hit ko’ed by the boss within a span of 10 secs.

Also one thing about using potions, in Re:build we can’t use a potion while being knocked down. This something to note, since some bosses (like 330dg boss) can keep knocking a player down without the player even getting a chance to use a HP potion/elixir.

5 Likes

I play a healing class and I like the idea of the new heals. People often bring up that the heal tiles bring a “strategic” aspect to healing but I don’t really notice anybody playing like that in game. You simply either drop heal tiles directly on the boss or drop heal tiles on or around your party. Half the time, the players in the party that need healing don’t even notice the tiles to step on them. Targeted healing feels more “strategic” in that you have to have an order or priority and not just drop down tiles everytime it comes off cooldown.

In general there is just too much stuff on the ground currently in this game, so boss battles are a garbled mess. I am hoping the removal of heal tiles and other heavy particle effects on the ground will result in better boss design.

FFS - Dragalia Lost, a mobile game, has better boss design than TOS. The top-down, action oriented nature of the game should be a developer’s playground for interesting and tough bosses. Instead we get tile-destroy this, reversi that, knockdowns on everything zzzzzzz

and the other half of time, the one who dont need heal take a few heal tiles and the one who seriously need heal have to run around like a headless chicken

As a DPS or Tank, the idle situation would be receiving heal without moving which will cause chaos. As a heal, it would be better if i could choice who to heal, and i bet condensing all heal in 1 single target would be more effective than having the target running on 10 tiles

1 Like

Agreed, in a situation like velcoffer where the curse is constantly ticking damage to your party, heal tiles are agnostic to the needs of the group.

Heal tiles can’t tell the difference between someone who only took 2k damage, to someone who only has 2k left. A wise healer can, and will react accordingly.

If the person with 2k life dies and you had your heal ready to go, thats on you. Heal tiles created a more nebulous situation and the path to success less clear.

i think the heal tiles should go to a different class like kabba or something or there should be an attribute at high levels that spawns a few heals tiles when you cast heal

1 Like

So you admit you were a lazy healer and heal tiles promoted your lasy healing? Sounds like you are proving Remiri right.

Heal tiles are fine on velco they trigger cursed breath / destroy magic circle so you don’t want to use them at all unless someone is going to die. The big problem if they nerf healing too much is that people will just go back to using 2 clerics. With so many class combinations imc will never be able to tune endgame content where bringing 2 clerics wouldn’t work.

For me, I can say I really love the heal tile mechanic. In the first time I played cleric in ToS. I said Wow! THIS DIFFERS FROM ANY MMOs I EVER PLAYED. (This is a character of this game)
But with this new change, it still looks OK for a reason to let healers make more focus to the party members. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Post re:build you could rock a full healing build like cleric / priest / paladin / kabbalist and solo heal if that kind of healing output was still necessary.