Tree of Savior Forum

Dev Roadmap: PvE

All really great changes, the randomized stats make for unique equipment, and allows for variety farming.

My main concern is the place of old equipment, and it potentially becoming obsolete. This is a really great system, and there can be a synthesis of randomised, and preset equipment, IMC just needs to balance it correctly.

1 Like

I wonder if the old equips will receive more slots :x

I am worried because they will add another thing to consume potential and we can’t recover potential. Hope the new potential will go up to 100. I don’t really like these random systems (random stats).
Besides that, the other are great changes, I am looking forward.

Migantis Pike in the image is old item, so I guess it will.
I would like to get more slots in Solmiki items, they are endgame itens but have less slots than other weaker itens.

Oh, I expressed myself wrong. I meant my current old equips*.

Sounds good, as I just mentioned this game lack of dynamic content, 1 of the suggestion is random stats in HG weapon like Diablo 3.
They really work on it!

And mosnter gem as well, where I mentioned it hasn’t been update since CBT
However, what we need more is not merely +1 skill, we need more variation like topaz/emerald/ruby maybe to become as dynamic as RO’s card system (but not MVP cards to given OP capabilities that impact the game balance, and became 1 of the cause that made the game fallen)

And we also might need some creative skill modifier to low rank classes, like offhand that shooting 3 energy bolts at once, or offhand that make fireballs hit 2 times. Be in obtainable on new special class quest or lv300+ or anything, this will add more value and unique battle-style to utilize the random/designed item stats update.

They’re not adding anything that will consume potential ? They only talked about durability:

… And I hope it wasn’t a typo and that they didn’t mean “potential”. Because indeed, there are already too many things using up all our potential points.

I guess this is a typo, doesn’t make sense to consume durability as we can repair whenever we want.

I know we make mistakes sometimes, but it’s not a typo. :slight_smile:
Our current plans involve durability, not potential.

5 Likes

@STAFF_Ethan

So, do you know if the new cap (330->360) is going to be the cap of Rank 9 or is it an inbetween cap before we get to Rank 9?

The new farming zones seem to be an interesting concept, let’s hope they are getting challenging enough. Finally some reason to play in parties on the fields.

The one thing I like the most is this:

Other than that, we also have plans to introduce monster gems that increase the level of Rank 7 and 8 skills, as well as new boss cards

More different cards and new monster gems for my Kabbalist. Finally some more hope for Merkabah and Ein Sof so become better :slight_smile:

Every hit counts. If readjusting the stats can be done multiple times, will there be a case where an item’s durability will be a single-digit number?

SQUIRES RISE!!

Finally some itemisation changes, really love the upcoming development plans for PVE. With this farming will be much more enjoyable.

Any chance of having equipment with unique properties other than stats? I do think quite a number of players would like to see some high level versions of gear such as Toy Hammer.

With this refresh the game feels more complete, thanks for all the hard work and bringing ToS to us IMC XD.

2 Likes

Would Solmiki be revised again once the new equipment arrives?

Considering the new gear have a high amount of sockets and Solmiki Gloves and Boots slots have a maximum of 1 gem slot. Feels like not counting the set bonuses, they may fall behind.

Also these are awesome news. My only desire is for updates to get to us faster, i tried the Mercenary Mission Boss Randomizer on Ktest and its just so much fun to watch different boss patterns everytime i go in. Can’t wait to have it already.

It’s a relief to read that.
Thank god.
But I didn’t understand that very well, this will consume the max durability forever? Or we can restore the consumed durability normally via repair shops?

I think those limitations should stay, to make mixing equipment more attactive and to give Solmiki sets a downside,too. If the legendary items are the best overall items, it’s sad because then the game is again a linear gear progression [i.e. farm set A->farm set B> farm Solmiki set].

Given the new proposed changes, I believe that just having 1 slot on boots and gloves won’t make them so much inferior in comparison because of the high attack bonus of the complete set.

6 Likes

Random Equipment Stats
"We’re changing the stats of unidentified equipment items from a fixed set of features to a random set of stats that varies by individual item."

“To the character’s secondary stats, we’re adding a new number called Looting Chance, which increases your probability of obtaining random stat unidentified items from monsters. Your Looting Chance is not influenced by your basic stats (STR, INT, etc.); instead, it increases with equipment stats, in-game gimmicks, items and possibly events.

i recall some dudes discussing the similarity of this game to diablo
now, with this, game is becoming more like diablo 2, remember those charms eating those inventory slots just to add magic find ?

This is another main addition we have in store for PvE. When hunting on a field after the update, you may come across a special type of monster. Defeating this monster will open a portal into the Challenge Mode, an area containing better items than the ones you might find elsewhere.

and this is a torchlight 2stuff, not sure where it originated but i only seen it in torchlight 2

1 Like

DAS ME!!! :sunny: HI MOMMY!!

1 Like

Liking everything except the looting stat, potentially awful.

1 Like

Now, for something a little more substantial. We’re changing the stats of unidentified equipment items from a fixed set of features to a random set of stats that varies by individual item. These unidentified items will be available from monsters not only in Hunting Grounds, but also in regular fields.
So you’ll be able to find Magic, Rare and Unique grade equipment items in Hunting Grounds and regular fields, and to reveal their stats you will need to identify the items at an Appraiser.
The drop rate of these items will be higher than that of the current Unidentified Cubes obtained from Hunting Grounds, further increasing their supply and variety, while also promoting the farming of these items.

Might as well wipe out all the white Normal equipment since crafting those is going to be more of hassle now that the HGgears which are better and going to be dropping easier.

Looting Chance
To the character’s secondary stats, we’re adding a new number called Looting Chance, which increases your probability of obtaining random stat unidentified items from monsters. Your Looting Chance is not influenced by your basic stats (STR, INT, etc.); instead, it increases with equipment stats, in-game gimmicks, items and possibly events.

Bubblegum only 5$/pack of 10, in item mall soon. :smile:

2 Likes

but im a dude

must be at least 20 chars fixexistingbugsbeforeaddingnewcontentspls

1 Like