Tree of Savior Forum

[Damage Guide] The big formula, modifier types, and how they interact!

Remember the Help UI is wrong where it displays -50% for physical penalties when they are actually -25%.

(No Cleave debuff wasnt active before that cleave cast, so the +50% is not applied yet)

358 Attack
143 Critical Attack
Cleave at level 5 = 584
Level 15 Enhance
http://www.tosbase.com/database/monsters/57462/ 146 Defense

(358 + 584 - 146) * 1.5 + 143) * 0.75 * 1.15 = 1153.1625

So your calculations are based on the wrong armor modifier.

EDIT: Also, Targe Smash is +200% from Cassis because it’s a rodel skill, not 400%, that’s Peltasta. So that’s two mistakes.

For the video.

100% + 100% + 200% + 50% -25% = +425%
([1105~2052] + 1350 - 1019) * 5.25 * 1.8 = 13570.2~22519.35
Both TM : Too low. His lowest exceeds the highest here.

50% = +50%
100% + 100% + 200% - 25% = +475%
([1105~2052] + 1350 - 1019) * 1.5 * 4.75 * 1.8 = 18416.7~30561.975
Cassis TM, Headbutt CM : Amusingly, despite your double mistake, you could still right about Headbutt being a CM. Your double as effective ghost penalty modifier cancelled out your double as effective Cassis Crista in a way.

200% = +200%
100% + 100% + 50% - 25% = +225%
[/s]([1105~2052] + 1350 - 1019) * 3 * 3.25 * 1.8 = 25201.8~41821.65[/s]
Cassis CM, Headbutt TM : Too high. His lowest is below lowest range here.

([1105~2052] + 1350 - 1019) * 3.5 * 2.75 * 1.8 = 24878.7~41285.475
Both CM : Just a LITTLE bit too high again.

Well, I was trapped by the UI. :expressionless:

Edit: Well, headbutt being CM I will love it. I didn’t took 400% on my math, I took 200%. Let me check again.

Edit:2 Now I saw my mistake. I typed headbutt in TM, but not included the buff(that lead you believe I included a double bonus 400%). slith + hik + cassis = 500%(got a 4,5x multiplier instead of 4,75x because of ghost armor ui troll). So my real mistake was only in ghost armor.

Bump. I want to know too.

has there been any changes to missile atks having a damage penalty on medium/large monsters where you pretty much have to upgrade to +15 to fully neutralize the penalty?

+5 . will be enough for this

So, the formula is calculated with your full attack/magic attack stat for every tick of a damaging skill?

Say you have 1000 magic attack. You cast level 15 Fireball. Which hits 15 times. The total damage of the spell gains 15,000 damage just from your magic attack stat?

Same 1000 magic attack. You cast level 15 Flare. The spell only gains 1000 extra damage from your magic attack stat?

Is this right?

Yes.

It’s why multihit skills are so strong in this game.

I noticed that beside decreasing the player’s attack, the penalty also increases the monster’s attack. Any idea what’s the value per level of this? It seems to be higher than 2.3%.

according to game files i found agny mods are
+280% on fireball
+260% on firewall
+310% on flare
+290% on fire pillar
+245% on hell breath
+160% on flame ground
+99.6% on meteor
+104.4% on incinerate
+186% on prominence

i hear some people were spreading rumors of agny boosting xfire and ignition damage but i dont see any evidence of either of those being affected by agny in game files.

Why didn’t they boost flare shot serious ly

pretty much every fire spell got buffed so no reason to skip any.

I guess, doesn’t affect Tri-disaster’s fire part either?

files dont mention it

I did testing with a [Didel Grand Cross + Practice Cannon] against a [Practice Cannon] by itself.

Damage against Red Truffles was 18xx with Didel Grand Cross, and 20xx with Practice Cannon on average.

There was a damage difference of only 134 damage, which is the crit attack on the Didel Grand Cross by itself, not a 400-ish damage difference expected from the 300% scaling following the formula above.

Thus, Crit Attack is a flat value added on after all scaling.

how are you calculating difference any way.

Do you even test it with 300 hits on the same target and take it account to enemy defense and every thing?

Also take note. Every hit archer hits. It reduces by 10% armor.
The best way you want to test is. Go on a high defense + high HP mob Hit 5 hits> then blast/shot

Plug the values up into the formula. You will get the same extact damage.

So far there is no issue with the formula as i am able to even calculate my exact max damage i seen from my musket

Cannon Blast on a group of mobs and look at the crit values.

Tested on Alemeth Truffles and Hanamings.

Cannon Blast is a skill that only hits once so the 10% armour per archer hit doesn’t get proced over and over.

disclose all the values and input it in.

i assume there is no penalty on level.
skill attack = the level of your cannon blast additional ( the + symbol).
Physical attack = your off hand damage. This should have a huge range.
Similar this is the issue with 2hand weapons.( 2hand sword etc)

red truffle : 241 pdef

with DCG

((Skill attack + (Physical attack) - 241) * 1.5 + (crit attack + 134) + Extra Elemental attack ) * 3 * attribuites %

Without DCG.

((Skill attack + (Physical attack) - 241) * 1.5 + (crit attack) + Extra Elemental attack ) * 3 * attribuites %

So let us input how much is ur lowest and maximum damage.

Viewing at times for range has a issue because cannon damage varies alot.

You gota hit the highest damage for both to know the true “value”

Do take note that the debuff stack last 10/12 second. Depends on server delay to you.
Hopefully you have the hidden debuff addon.

Assuming it adds only flat just remove crit attack all together and throw it behind.

((Skill attack + (Physical attack) - 241) * 1.5 + Extra Elemental attack ) * 3 * attribuites % + (crit attack)

With DCG

((Skill attack + (Physical attack) - 241) * 1.5 + Extra Elemental attack ) * 3 * attribuites % + (crit attack +134)

You will know the true damage and which is right anyway. O_o.

Yeah that’s what I did when testing, I also took into account the 50% attribute enhance.

According to the formula listed, the damage with DGC should go up by 134 * 3 * 1.5

But it only went up by less than 200 so yeah.

so have you ever attain that max damage? as compare to without DCG.

If yes. the formula is correct.
If no, there is changes.
You can also reverse engineer it. so it fine either way.

A pity we don’t have a Constant Physical off hand attack. I don’t remember if we can use cannon skills without cannon equipped lel… It’s more visible like that.

then having a cannon that deals extra 185 ~ 335 damage

I remember I did at the time of testing, I was checking through this thread at the time and trying to figure out a lot of cannoneer related things.

I did account for the max damage range and everything already.

Also, someone in my guild (I’m not sure how he knows exactly but he usually finds out a lot of things about the game mechanics) said that “crit atk (stat) is additively applied”

Might be easier to test with a practice musket since muskets have low damage range.