Tree of Savior Forum

[Damage Guide] The big formula, modifier types, and how they interact!

Actually there’s an easier way to test this. Since Attribute % applies after most of the damage formula, I think simply testing if Attribute % does increase Crit Attack or not should be enough.

It’s also easier since you can use a swordie with no weapon and just the headgear.

Yes that is one of the issue.

When your range is not constant. It’s really hard to find out the cap damage “ideal” from numbers versus visuals.

Due to the fact rng can become trollish at time. Constant numbers variant will change alot to testing also to reduce “mistakes”

That also will work. As long as you are just doing a test to see crit attack scaling to attr and skill % simply just have something at 50% with constant + crit attack and another without it.

It’s should be pretty obvious.

Is it a base MOD or a Skill Mod O_O

If it is a skill mod it should be applying just like Muskets. Last i recalled it is a skill mod. :thinking:

I also forget to include Missle/range damage has weapon penalty and need it to be + 5 for it to not receive the penalty

Musket are skill mod…

if it is like it’s behind actually.

(((((Skill Attack + (Effective Attack * (100% - Level Penalty)) + (random(0% … 100%) * Magic Amplification)) * (100% + Base Modifier)) - (Effective Defense + Elemental Resistance)) * (100% + (0 or 50% if crit)) + (0 or Critical Attack) + Extra Elemental Attack + Enemy Specific Damage) * (100% + Skill Modifier) * (100% + Common Modifier) * (100% + Target Modifier) * (100% + Enhance Modifier) + Bonus Damage

Look at the bold area.

Ahhh, my bad. Was thinking of the old meteor video. I take that back.

@unicorntheshiny

Templar:
Popolion
-Basic Attack 526, crit 987
-Basic Attack (Headgear 177) 526, crit 1164

-Cleave 1500, crit 2448
-Cleave (Headgear 177) 1500, crit 2625

-Cleave (10% Att) 1650, crit 2692
-Cleave (10% Att and Headgear 177) 1650, crit 2887

% Enhance Attribtues do increase the damage from Crit Attack

Cataphract:
Tontus
-Steed Charge 1233, crit 2076
-Steed Charge (Headgear 177) 1233, crit 2475

-Steed Charge (10% Att) 1356, crit 2284
-Steed Charge (10% Att and Headgear 177) 1356, crit 2722

This… I don’t know, crit attack is related somehow but… the increase is by 399 with a 177 headgear. It’s not a x2 or x3 but x2.25. Pretty sure monster’s defence does not affect it since the way ToS calculates damage is straight forward.

I recorded a video of the testing process (for Steed Charge), if you want it I can PM you.

steed charge is skill mod isn’t it.

So you got your answer.

why is it 2.25? because you need to include he’s leather. Striking deals 25% damage lesser to leather :stuck_out_tongue:

Try out steed charge on clothies.:pray:

Those Geppetto or Dandel will be good targets.

any way just calcuating. 177 crit attack in this case on tontus.

177 * 3 * 1.1 * 0.75 = 438 :thinking:

Oh, just dividing the values by 0.75 was enough yeah.

2475 - 2076 = 399

399 / 0.75 = 532

532 = 177 * 3 (Approx)

So this means that Yellow Gems are definitely better than Red Gems on Dex Builds regardless of the skill I guess ?

Yes. Most of the case.

Red gems can only meet or draw yellow. It’s average will lose.

Considering it’s maximum damage potential. It can win but not very convincingly due to rng like to troll you. :head_bandage:

If they are using glass mole.
Reason being it’s huge range is very inconsistent. Like what you test with your cannon.

If they are not using glass mole yellow wins no matter what situation. Unless you have low dex.

I’m planning to just go 1 dullahan and 7 ellaganos on my pure dex cannoneer LOL

:poop:, can squeeze in GM or nuaelee if you want to for MDEF.

If yo u are aiming for sol miki content with self sufficient kit. Ella + gm will do

Seen a few korean doing amazing plays these day at solmiki with the new cannon buffs

So I have a question, is the raw critical attack seen on the character info applied with skill modifiers or added after attack is multiplied with skill modifier?

For example considering that it would definitely crit; I have parameters:

• level 15 umbo blow = 516 skill attack
  • physical attack = 500
  • critical attack = 1650 (from 5 level 5 yellow gems and three 100 crit attack head gears)
  • skill modifier = 730% (400% from Murmillo’s Cassis Crista and 330% from Peltasta’s High Guard)
  • for simple calculations, I didn’t consider min max phy atk and target defense and target modifiers.

So is the correct calculation like this:

• [ 1650 + ((516 + 500)*(150%)) ] * (730%) = 23,170

or like this:

• [((516+500)*(150%)) * (730%)] + 1650 = 12,775

If anyone know the answer, please provide your insights. It would help me in building my characters.

What about Quick Cast attribute + agny? I did some testing and was confusing

skill attack type overwrites weapon type?

ex. weapon sword(slash) then you use bash skill (strike) =

strike?
half strike half slash?

Weapon type only determines basic attacks (with the exception of wands, which will do magic even though they’re strike weapons)

Skills will do whatever type they say they do.