Tree of Savior Forum

Cryo c3 > Chrono c3

Yep it works, i guess you were just unlucky.

Mind to tell how many points you spent in Reincarnate?
I have Reincarnate 1 and I have not managed to get it to work on one boss at all yet. On normal mobs it seems to work with a 20-30% chance within my own levelrange, so I do know, how & when to place to take effect. Lvl 1 is just a matter of timing.

Also I wonder, anyone knows or has a clue ā€œifā€ there is an internal success rate on the skill per level? My plan was to put 3 into Reincarnate for more duration but a friend put 5 into it and is convinced the success of his reincarnate slightly increased compared to having only 3 points in it.

yesterday 1st mercenary mission 6 bosses (reincarnate on golem and on last boss), 2nd mercenary mission 5 bosses (reincarnate on poata) yes, still work

(iā€™ve 1 point in it, the real difference is the time you have before people have to burst it down if the effect dont get resist)

why iā€™m so unlucky. Maybe i use it somehow wrongly?

//update okay i had 2 reincarnates in one mission and then again 0 xD

Are there another kind of gems?

Also, what about sets any guide?

Hello there,

I have my ice bolt LEVEL 3 and I cant see it casts faster than with level 1ā€¦ then, what is the point to level it up from level 1?

Thanks

Cryo:
Caro Gem - Weapon or Hand - Ice Bolt +1
Carcashu Gem - Weapon or Foot - Ice Pike +1
Hummingbird Gem - Weapon or Hand - Ice Wall +1
Tanu Gem - Weapon or Foot - Ice Blast +1
Wendigo Gem - Weapon or Hand - Gust +1
Minos Mage - Hand or Foot - Snow Rolling +1
Vubbe Ice Wizard Gem - Weapon or Hand - Frost Pillar +1

Chrono:

Siaulamb Lagoon - Weapon or Foot - Quicken +1
Hohen Mane Gem - Weapon or Hand - Reincarnate +1
Melatinun Gem - Weapon or Foot - Stop +1
Burialer Gem - Hand or Foot - Slow +1
Goblin Magician Gem - Hand or Foot - Haste +1
Chupaluka Gem - Weapon or Hand - Backmasking +1

(There is no Gem for Pass)

(To be found on Tosbase -> Items -> Gems -> Page 4 (Cryo) & Page 5 (Chrono)

4 Likes

You can release bolt 1 faster, rather than waiting the full bar to cast as you would need to wait when having only level 1 to full cast. So basicly you decrease the ā€œcasttimeā€ of bolt 1 by around 0.5-1 second to cc.

2 Likes

Another fast questionā€¦ what kind armor are you wearing?

I am between cloth and plateā€¦ and I think cloth could be the best option = SP and magic def because we already have a lot of HP and physical def. (full con).

What do you think?

I myself run with 3 plate and cloth gloves. It seems to be what the majority goes for also.

I run full plate but I am not full con. Personally I prefer the 4-set bonus and not loose 5% due to one equiptment slot. For M-Def there is also still Accessories to think about.

Imo the question about gear is a valid one. I wonder myself but everyone has their own preference. In the end, I expect, we may will need to have both or even multiple sets with different cryo/chrono gems & blue gems for ā€œEnd-Gameā€, which is pretty far far away.

I suggest Carfrisun set + Pardoner Buff when you soloing. Itā€™s a pain to play cyro/chrono solo at lvl 150+. We canā€™t even out damage priest bot :sob:

i put 3 points in it before, seems the same to me. Going back to level 1 is just pure rng. Sometimes i can reincarnate 3-5 bosses per day, and then there are days where there is none. I hope someone decides to take the bullet for everyone and max it, i would give him a kewkie :smile_cat:

i agree with carfrisun set + pardoner buff, otherwise , you would want to have a pt in all quests. Get arde while u can, you have more dps pressing ā€œcā€ for killing mobs.

With 5 you are only increasing sp cost and a little more secs .
1 is enough to pull all the mobs/players and has enough time for you to dmg all with one skill or run/scape .
Plus with 4 points left you can optimize other skills for more cc or dmg.

I disagree with you on this one. I have Frost Pillar on 7 (+2 thanks to Audra) That makes it 12 seconds of controlling mobs position, use Gust 1 to push them in one line, increasing the chance of freezing, placing an Icewall along the row you created with your gust, you hit all of them at once. Monks love lined up mobs. Everyone loves the CC of the tree, even tanks as they can mob the hell out of the room, stick it to the tree (as it has no limit), dmg and taunt the leftovers again, once the cc runs out. Less dmg taken for every single party member. More placed AoE, more dmg. Together with Pass, its every 25 seconds to cast. This is incredible helpfull CC you should not limit to just a ā€œpull togetherā€. Very often you end up with no Tank or no healer, the tree is the best replacement ingame for the lack of either one.

Is that ok:

?

Chrono tree seems fine, but Iā€™m not sure about cryo. Subzero Shield has been very useful for me, and I donā€™t think Ice Bolt should be level 10. Itā€™s usually picked as a quick way to freeze a dangerous enemy, so level 4 is enough since it lets you cast lvl 1 quickly.

Ice Bolt 1 is enough since you donā€™t deal dmg with it, itā€™s just for the freeze effect. Thatā€™s my build : http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/mtfbzqgb8u/ You could go ice wall 8 and ice pike 15 if you want a bit more dmg.

What do you expect of your own build? What will your Stats look like and moreover how are you planning to level? Solo, duo, full party?

This is my build: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/hzy66p0vmc/
I play 1:1 Con/Int, 3 Cloth + 1 Plate set and Audra Staff (170+), Ice Rod + Shield as sub. (I rarely need it).
Best to play when duoing with a DD & Party. Hard to solo, regardless the Int, DPS is moderate add along the buffs in partys. No offtank. Decent survivability. Possible to go fullcon & plate (restatt at lategame)

Main"attacks" are Icepike, autoattacks & Snow Rolling. CC is selfspeaking: Icebolt for fast-cast & sleep. Subzero shield for defense, Gust for increasing freezingchance on Frost Pillar.

Chrono Haste & Quicken max is a must, as well as Pass with rank 7. I advice you to always safe the last 4 job-points from your previous rank to increase the new skills first (rank 2: Haste 5 & rank 3: Pass 5)

Reincarnate, Slow, Stop and Backmasking are personal preferences. I have stop 2, because Snow Rolling 7 takes longer to cast. Stop can be a lifesafer in such moments. Backmasking 5 is a waste, 3 is enough. Its a pretty expensive skill with only one purpose: to rewind wrong pulls and wipes for your party. If your party is good, you will hardly ever need to use it and slow 5 turned out to be enough for pve. Higher Slow for PvP, like leaving Reincarnate and Stop at one, put those points in Slow.

Thats about it ^^

3 Likes