Tree of Savior Forum

Cryo c3 > Chrono c3

I made some noob mistakes with skill point allocation starting out and a few days ago I drank my skill reset and decided to take the opportunity to max Frost Pillar. Long story short, I bought a second skill reset and dropped it back to level 1. The initial pull when you first cast Frost Pillar is about as good as Frost Pillar gets (I’m built for self sustain/dps, take no heed here if you are going for full support)

My main character right now is a cryo3>pyro1(soontobe)pyro2>warlock. And I’m looking at making a cryo3>chrono3 support (and I’m going to max Stop and nobody’s going to stop me).

Gust without the attribute is not bugged, it says in the skill description that it only does damage to frozen targets (and it only hits them one time). Basically the skill is useless without the attribute. I only put one point in here for the pushback utility. And surprisingly enough, it will blast ice shards off your Ice Wall in the direction of Gust. Best results with just making a straight wall, dragging mobs alongside the wall, then aiming Gust down the side.

1 Like

What are your reasons to max Stop?

More seconds duration. IMO level 1 is sufficient since mobs that are affected by stop cannot take damage.

I think cryo3>chrono3 can be a great support AND a great dmg buster . Cryo skills does a great dmg , ice pike, snow roll and ice wall and you have pass to reduce the cooldown. So I think going 1:2 its also a great option if you don’t want to be a full support.

I have a level 234 Cryo/Chrono and i have to say in dungeon my damage is really bad compared to other classes.

Int wont do you any good since it only scales well with magic atacks that have multiple hits or a % modifier. Ice pick can hit around 3 or 4 times, but its still not worth after all.

Also if you go full con you dont need a tank if you have Pass lvl 5.
Thats why i think FS Chrono is really good in a group, you can just make a party with 3 DD, 1 Heal, 1 Chrono (tank/support). I have around 39 k HP.

How is levelling past lvl 200? I hear it is tough without a group?

You usually need 2 ice pikes to kill normal mobs, sometimes even more and it has a 20 second cooldown and you can also use snowball every minute which is by far your best skill to kill mobs, but long cooldown. With sp pots you are usually good to go against normal mobs. Still you are really slow compared to DD classes.

The real pain begins when you have to fight against frost resistant or high hp mobs, takes ages to kill. Alot pot spamming and bonfire sitting. High hp mobs are everywhere at lvl 220+.

So its possible to solo quest, but i would not to recommend to grind solo mobs. i dont think you even get to 1m/h exp, because of downtimes and slow killing.

And for some reason i have really trouble finding groups as chrono not sure if i am just unlucky tho.

Hello there,

I am leveling a cryo chrono… but I am very confused after reading some post.

Should I max…

Ice Wall? Ice pike? or … What about Ice Shild

100% PVE support and maybe one day I will try PVP, but I am not a big PVP fan.

Max all of them . o/

Ice wall: no need to max 8-10 points are enough, if you have some more points to spend you could max it out.

Ice pike: Its a good skill for leveling, i would max it if you play alot solo, but 10 points are good enough if you only play in party. The damage will be irrelevant in comparison to real DDs (around lvl 200).

Ice Shield: Its good for tanking in PVE if you have enough con, must have in PVP.

2 Likes

If I do that I will have 4 free skills point… where should I put them…

Ice Bold 1/15
Ice Pike 10/15
Ice Wall 10/15
Ice Blast 0/15
Subzero Shield 10/10
Gust 0/10
Snow Rollign 5/5
Frost Pillar 5/5

4 free SKILL POINTS

Hm i would say you can put them into Ice bolt or Ice pike.

Usually i see people putting 3 - 5 points in ice bolt for the faster cast time, i have 5 points in it myself ( High freeze chance which makes it a good CC, can only hit 2 targets i think).

If you dont want to put them in ice bolt, just put the in ice pike for extra damage, if you have to go solo somewhere its good to have more points in ice pike.

Ok I will try with Ice bolt for fast freeze.

Thank you…

I <3 you!!

Ultimately you have to find which skill build is best for you. Its really hard to find the perfect skill build in this game without spending alot time with one class (god bless skill reset potion i guess).

Glad i could help you.

Frost pillar 1 point is enough.
Gust and ice bolt just need 1 point .

Dump it on Icewall, then get Audra Staff (+2 to all skills)

Frost pillar at max helps alot. I dont understand why Arglar prefers it on lvl 1; Care to explain?

I tried both lvl 1 and lvl 5 frost pillar and lvl 5 frost pillar just feels really good to have in a group even when its only 4 more seconds. I mean its 4 secons longer pull, usually you can lure more mobs into the frost pillar if you have more time.

1 Like

Hello

Just a quick question. About gems (pve support) which one are ypu using?

I guess you mean normal gems right? Usually everthing with sp/sp recovery.

IMO gems feel really underwhelming for support classes.

Fellow Chronomancers, did your reincarnate works for bosses in mission? It’s not working for me anymore since last patch