Tree of Savior Forum

Corsair - Unlock Chest

I’ve found two threads out there with questions regarding this skill with good feedback, and I want verification now that the game has almost been through it’s entire FA lifespan and is about to go f2p + I have additional questions.

From what I’ve read, the skill “Unlock Chest” only adds potential skill levels to keys you already have in your possession. So my questions are;

1) How do you get more keys once you’ve obtained all the ones available through quest lines?

2) Which chests allow you to ‘unlock’ them more than once, and what is the ‘refill’ timer on them?

~
First reference thread…

~
Second reference thread…

~
At first, the way I comprehended Unlock Chest was that Corsairs with the skill would be able to unlock chests without needing a key, up to a certain level depending on the level of the skill. I’m very disappointed to read that you still need to own a key, however, I can see it being unfair to all other classes for this one class to have the ability to loot rare treasure chests repeatedly.

I just don’t understand the point of having such a skill end-game or even late-game after having looted all preferred chests and obtaining all the keys available through quests ~unless~ there is a way to obtain more keys (via alchemists, repeatable quests, bosses, TP, anything) and worthwhile chests refill.

1 Like

Currently this skill has no real use - you can open every locked chest in the game with keys you obtain from quests.

Maybe later we will have content that actually gives us chest keys and maybe a special place where an instance is generated with random content inside a set of maybe 3 x 3 locked chests

Thing is, the advantage that we have is that there’s alot of level 2 keys to get by and so far I’ve used them with my unlock chest so I can save level 3-4 chest keys for the future :smiley:

1 Like

not really.
there are many hidden chest in the world that unlocks recipes of much valued accessories.
and those chest usually will resprawn again from time to time

Got an example? These are chests that are locked? I’ve never seen this, and no one’s ever mentioned it.

simple and low lvled one that most ppl should know
Goat’s horn.lv 2 key

and there are some higher lvl chest that needs higher lvled keys, hidden all over.
i shall not spoil those chest locations :x
many ppl would kill me if i do :x

You can open all of those chests with the keys obtained through quests. Using the unlock chest skill gives you no advantage.

so be it for u then :x
not gonna say anymore xD
to each ,its own.

1 Like

so if you keep the low level keys, you can open some of these re-spawning and valuable chest in higher areas.?

There’s no respawning chests. You can literally open every chest possible by only using keys you get from quests.

Maybe in the future there will be more locked chests that actually require the unlock skill.

The chest locations themselves aren’t exactly a secret, there just isn’t word on which ones refill:

~
Though there is this one that I’m aware of that refills every 24 hours, but doesn’t require a key, just requires the circle buff that activates on the hour:

1 Like

There are no locked chests that respawn.

Has anyone actually seen a level 5 key ? Don’t think you can get that mergen hat w/o unlock…