Tree of Savior Forum

Corsair Pillaging discussions [06-03-2017]

I’m not seeing a lot of info about the new Corsair pillaging, so I figured the best thing to do is make a topic where we can discuss our findings openly to figure out exactly how Pillaging works now AND how it scales with higher ranks.

Speculations, theories, personal experiences, empirical data, etc… ALL are welcome in this topic.

As an example, from my current experience as a C1 Corsair, I typically have a 1:9 DPK Pillage to DPK ratio (meaning that for every 9 DPK items I get, I get 1 additional from Pillaging), which means Corsair C1 Pillaging seems to increase my DPK earnings by 11%

While this might not seem like much, it might be a significant gain and higher circles of Corsair might also have better DPK Pillage to DPK ratio.

Another theory I have is that higher ranks of Corsair MIGHT have different Silver / Uncommon Drop / DPK ratios. Example scenarios:

Corsair C1: 80% silver, 19% uncommon, 1% DPK
Corsair C2: 75% silver, 23% uncommon, 2% DPK
Corsair C3: 70% silver, 27% uncommon, 3% DPK

These are just example numbers and would require empirical data of all ranks, on the same kind of mob to verify the data or give us another possible scenario.

Also, it might be possible that Pillaging has an effect on DPK where Pillage decreases DPK count by 1… or that Pillaging has its own DPP (drop per Pillage) count. We currently do not know because there is no empirical data and tests to support any theory. We are all under the simple assumption that Pillage is strictly a percentage and nothing more.

This is why I’ve decided to make this topic, so we can discuss our findings and test things out to gain a better understanding of Pillage mechanics.

Note:

Since my account was blocked during the DPK fiasco and now unrestricted, I think I have enough compensation to level 2 more characters to Rank 8

As a result, I plan to make a Corsair C2 and Corsair C3 build for testing purposes, but I don’t want to do it while the DPK bug is still in effect.

If you guys can recommend some good Corsair C2 and C3 builds centered around pillaging, please let me know.

So far I am considering two of the following builds for testing purposes:

Sword C2 (Thrust, Restrain) / Highlander C2 (Crosscut, Skyliner, Moulinet), Corsair C3, Doppel
Sword C2 / Highlander C3 / Corsair C2 / Doppel
Sword / Pelt C3 / Corsair C3 / Murmillo
Sword / Pelt C3 / Corsair C2 / Doppel / Murmillo

Remember, these builds are primarily for optimizing AoE/Multihits/low cooldowns for more Pillaging procs, so please don’t recommend Shinobi**

1 Like

Hmm, while I was farming dawn fragments to craft 2 phadas I got quite a lot of them from pillaging, I’d say 1/4 or 1/5 of them were through it, that’s with corsair c3, I know the final dpk after I finished chrafting 2 phadas was around 1/40, but that’s also because I have doppel c1 and the double pay earn did help, especially because I killed some shining red dawns using it.

I also farmed for Phada. I think I got 4-5 fragments from pillaging out of the 45 I needed, but admittedly I think I already had 3-4 Dawn fragments?

So out of the 41-42 I pillaged 4-5? So I guess I was around 1:8 or 1:9 Pillage to Drop for fragments

And this is Corsair C1 of course*

One thing I don’t know is if the dpk items from pillaing do scale with normal dpk items, because at some point I got one dawn fragment from pillaging, and the next red dawn already dropped another fragment.

DPP (Drop Per Pillage) might be a personal drop count… but it could also just be a low percent.

I too think its separate from standard DPK and if it is just a percent chance its technically superior to DPK since you always have a chance of getting a DPK item regardless of other peeps farming the same mobs.

Edit: Also, so far from your testimony compared to mine, we can currently assume that Corsair C3 has x2 the DPK drop chance of Corsair C1, and Corsair C2 might be in-between (1.5x or 50% increase from Corsair C1). Of course these are just guesses from our current vague data and nothing concrete.

dawn fragments are % and not dpk though

I’m very interested about these numbers, also, I’d like to add that it’s possible to drop Boss Cards and Cubes too with Pillaging, it’s a very low chance but when it happens it feels good. :]

About the DPK discussion, instead, I’d like to report my personal experience with my Corsair 3 farming orange materials: I think Pillaging runs on a parallel loot table/dpk, so far I’ve noticed that I can Pillage a DPK material and still drop it on the next kills, so I doubt Pillaging counts for the DPK number, but I suspect it’s calculated either purely on chance or on a parallel DPK line… I know it may sound absurd but the few times it happened, I wasn’t anywhere near the DPK range and to further prove this statement, I happened to drop the same item normally once in DPK range (channels were empty during these tests).
In the end, more tests are much needed since such few example amount to nothing in the big picture, so I’m glad someone created this thread.

On a side note: what I’d like to see fixed about Pillaging, it’s the gems drop.
Everytime Pillaging procs a gem off, it’s always a level 1 and never the same level as the other gems dropped by the very same monster. That’s very annoying.

Are you sure? I did read it was dpk.

EDIT:
Oh, okay, TOSBASE says it
Red Dawn Maiden
Drop Chance: 1.14%

Still a pretty low chance, hmm, 1.14%, and I got around 1/40, that would be a 2.5% drop rate for me, so the pillaging + double pay earn did help a lot.

Yeah I reported the colored gem bug actually

Oh so they aren’t DPK but %based

Either way it doesn’t change the fact that Corsair C3 seems to have twice the rates as Corsair C1 for dropping them.

Edit: I think we should agree on a mob to use for testing. Something that is isolated, spawns often, can take a decent number of hits and has a silver, uncommon item(s) and DPK item.

Should we be using Yellow Caros and Yellow Leafnuts for testing? They seem to have this criteria (to an extent), or is there a better mob?

What rank Corsair are you? I have yet to pillage a Boss card and I solo the Crystal Mines dungeon quite often.

I have pillaged a select few cubes, but they are pretty damn rare to pillage at Corsair C1

I think Bosses and hard DPK items have very low pillage chance rates or something.

Edit: Sorry for the multiple replies, I’ll try consolidating my responses into one response from now on.

Oh, I got 2 boss cards from pillaging, one of them being a Werewolf card, also when I was partying with a friend I’m pretty sure he got a cube from a world boss with pillaging also, I didn’t see the cube, but he said a cube dropped when the boss was still with ~70% hp left and he got another one after it died.

I wonder if Boss Cards and Boss Cubes can only be pillaged with higher ranks of Pillaging?

Hard to tell right now. I guess I just need to keep doing the dungeons and see if it will happen, but the rate seems either excruciatingly low or non-existent as Corsair C1

My character is a Corsair C3, but I can tell you I’ve been pillaging Boss Cards even when I was C1/C2 while doing Siauliais in Mercenary Post, it actually happened quite often 3-4 months ago when I was still leveling up this char (and I never managed to loot the cards myself, it always went to a random party member, RIP Glassmoles) nowadays it’s confined in Pystis/Alembique as a moneymaker so I don’t get to check on Boss Cards drop rates anymore, the most I get out of it are random silver procs and some DPK material if I’m very lucky (outside the normal DPK range I mean).

Yesterday I happened to pillage my very first cube in months of playing this char, I can’t say if the chance is very low or if I’ve been extremely unlucky, but until I saw it myself I couldn’t believe that Pillaging worked on Cubes too even after reading about it, months and months ago

(290 solo rush)

pillage is bad since you take so much time to kill monster with corsair that does not worth the time on high levels to drop anything.
if you kill like around 10 mobs in a 315 hunting ground for example, any warlock, plague doctor or featherfoot will kill 10 times that…

so unless you are pillaging an item for someone, which is idiot in this game because of DPK system, does not worth farm anything that you don’t OHKO, cause people will get itens faster than you farming with aoe chars.

i’ve already dropped a boss cube from pillage myself, even this system does not worth the money/time you invest in a shinobi/corsair 3.

With the latest nerf to Rank8 monsters, every rank can one/two shot the monsters, when i started farming Yellow Caro they had 550k health, then they reduced it to 370k-ish and now they have 78k, damage is not an issue anymore if your weapon is good enough, and the Pillaging procs definetely helps now more than before.

In the past, I used to think like you, I found myself using my main chars for farming due to better equipment and attributes investment, but right now it’s laughable how easy the monsters have become, and having even a little more proc chance on another rare/common items or silver, it’s still more than nothing.

On my main chars now, I find myself killing more than the actual respawn timers (in Pystis for example, while farming Yellow Leafnut) and I find myself not being able to go faster because I have to run up and down waiting for monsters to spawn back (it appears more evident if you kill them in groups) so speed right now is definitely not an issue if your Corsair is geared enough.

1 Like

Updated the topic to ask for more pillaging builds.

where do you farm your corsair3’s?

I think most peeps would either farm Practo recipe mats or uncommon drops that sell really well.

I recently used my corsair3 for farming yellow caro antennas, I can say that pillaging is the real RNG king. Sometimes you will be lucky, sometimes not. My best run is in 800 kills of caro, I farmed 4 antennas from pillage alone and 2 from actual dpk drop. I like it more than my thauma-ff farmer because sometimes I kill 1k mobs and still no drop and became very frustrated. Please note that I am from SEA server and we don’t receive the recently dpk bug/glitch.

1 Like