Tree of Savior Forum

Corsair Pillaging discussions [06-03-2017]

Have someone dropped an HG cube from Pillaging?

Yeah it happens, though it is rare (at least for Corsair C1).

Yes, this can work. Same as Boss Cubes. - Never pillaged in ET, yet, tho.

I farmed 1 Skull Smasher, 2 Heart of Glory, 1 Regard Horn Staff, 1 Abdochar and im 1/3 with my Aspana Revoler with my Guildmates and myself as Corsair 3.

In average i would say it 1 pillage drop in 1000 kills.
Once we were super lucky and got 5 Pillage drop in 1 hour (This was in the time when Kugheri Lyoni had 500k+ HP, so we could kill ~600 Kugheri Lyoni per hour) -> This was crazy cuz 7 Horns in 1 hour was huge (2 with swelled DPK, 5 Pillage)

I think this will be my Corsair C2 build

Still debating on what I want as my Corsair C3 build thoughā€¦

Edit: Might actually do Highlander C2 or C3. Crosscut Skyliner are pretty strong and I think bleed procs also have achance to pillage.

@xinronyr @Sera1003 good to know, guys. This put some life in my shinosair that I abandoned.
Iā€™ll need to farm some weapon, though, since I wonā€™t go anywhere with cata blade and manamana!

It took me 2000 kills on Kugheri Lyoni to pillage 1 horn out of them. So I would say the chance is also base on total dpk on said item.
Iā€™m Corsair 3 btw.

2 Likes

wow so you are still farming in groupā€¦ thatā€™s neat

1 Like

Makes more fun than going solo, tho. And thatĀ“s what a game is for xD

2 Likes

Hi, thinking about doing one. Which build path do you use?

I hope this thread gets more attention and data from Corsair players.

However Iā€™d like to add that in the future all drops will be % based and random, with DPK being eliminated. This might heavily devalue the farming potential Corsair has right now, as everyone will be on equal loot tables rather than who kills the fastest, who is a corsair, who is a kabbalist and who is a thauma.

Before the reset event i was Sw-Pelt-Hop2-Corsair3-Shinobi. (Used Pygry Spear + Manamana) My main was a Fencer at that time. I switched mains to my Corsair, so my Build got heavily affected cuz i dont need AoE ratio or Crit Rate from Finestra anymore. Also Double Slash with Cleave tends to hit harder than Kunai with Spear Lunge.
Now im Sw3-Barb-Corsair3-Shinobi. (Abdochar + Aspana Revolver) ->Doing every content on Corsair build now.

For pure farming purpose u could think about going for Pelta. But keep in mind that u cant use Swash Buckling in combination with a Pistol, that was a bummer for me. (Ppl always say its not that big of a deal to weapon swap, theoreticaly. That is true. But in a long grinding period (speaking of 2-3h) uĀ“ll get annoyed cuz swapping every 20s is a big hassle.)
Also Shinobi doesnĀ“t bring anything good to the table for pure grinding.

Well, it may indeed be true that everything is % based, when we get the patch. But still u can get extra Loot with Pillaging, u also still can get double drop with Swell, and Kabbalist gives u free monsters to delete aswell.
So i would say if u still can kill in a fast way stick to Farming Builds.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! Yeah I could imagine that swapping is doable however would get annoying in a long grindā€¦ so which is your build if I donā€™t get shino btw? Not really into hidden chars especially ive heard that it takes a whileā€¦

so Remhad, we are talkinga bout Corsair C3 and doppel c 1 , correct ?
and here i thought i was the only one who would make that choice xD.
iā€™m guessing that for this build you went
jolly roger 15, iron hook 15, Keel hauling 15, no ?
i dont see other players going for any other build .
makes me wonder if you went highlander c3 or barbarian c3 with this build.

or do you Mean to Suggest you went for Double handed weaponry with this build ?

hard to believe you would go for pistol 5 o_ou

i also heard you can use hexen dropper with a gun [but how the **** that works i have no idea =/]

what playstile did you choose for Weapon on that C3 corsair and doppel c 1 ?

if you wouldnā€™t mind me asking, iā€™m pretty curious : )

Doppel would be ur best bet if u dont wanna go Shinobi.
Shinobi quest takes a while but is still doable with a bit of patience. The part with the flower is doable if u watch Anime/Movies while waiting for it. (U have to wait a long time for itā€¦)

U can use Hexendropper with a Pistol. And this worked since ever. The animation doesnt even change and it basicly looks like u stab ur enemy with a Pistol.

U can also use Double Weapon Assauilt with a Pistol, although its a bit harder to use. Note that this change was implemented after the Rework. (Look my other post regarding that topic: Should I go Corsair 3?)

Even as a Doppel, if u have Corsair 3 u should use a Pistol and especially Pistol Shot - which is the only reason u even go higher than Corsair 1.

Summoning @redisdarkisred since heĀ“s playing a Corsair3-Doppel. Might give some more insight on Corsair3-Doppel.

1 Like

if you are lazy to get shinobi i think doppel 1 is the best class indeed, probably rank 9 will be the new class for everyone anyways.
idk how deeds of valor works with pistol lol but itā€™s a pretty good buff for 1hsw even at level 5 with low duration of 35s.
also you gonna master double pay timing for drops and have a cyclone slash dmg to bring many mobs to low life.

that said the damage output in single targets of shinobi is insane, i would reconsider doing that annoying quest, totally worth on the build.

So Iā€™ve been on break for some time and still ha a slot open for a new swordie. The thing is, outside squire, there really isnā€™t anything interesting (not straight up dps) except for pillaging (reminds me of auto steal rogues in RO).

I can see you have c2 and c3 variants. Does pillaging not care about circle lv? In case I ā€œhave to be c3ā€ Iā€™m looking at this build. Ty for any help.

From what Iā€™ve seen, your %chance to pillage increases with each circle upgrade. However, the loot you obtain between the different circles of Corsair seem to be the exact same in frequency, upon successful pillaging.

This is just by casual observation. I could be wrong and would need more empirical data to confirm it.

So as a new corsair, I just wanted to make sure about how pillage works. Is it just an extra chance to get a drop on each attack? When I see silver pop onto the floor when hitting the mob, thatā€™s my pillage kicking in?

Would it be better to equip weaker weapons and get more hits/mob in when farming weaker mobs?

Yeah, weak hits are better for higher chances of loot, because each attack is a %chance to pillage.

Higher Corsair circles seem to only influence your %chance to loot and nothing more.

If you want to maximize Crystal Mines mission, for example, you can switch to unarmed and remove blessing to punch the mobs that spawn at the flags. Itā€™s okay to keep Sacrament up, though, since I think Sacrament counts as an extra hit.

You can only proc pillage once per monster, chance should be 5% per corsair circle when you are the party leader (even of your own, single player party)