Tree of Savior Forum

Considering the Blue spion archer

This whole thread is irrelevant. Being underlevel / low defense is a thing that will get you killed instantly in most games, specially Korean ones. You’re not prepared.

Try playing rf online, where you’ll ger one shot even being a tank from high level grind mobs, you need awesome gear to progress :smiley: just an example. You’re not ready for this kind of game. Git gud.

Just a btw: your arguments are nowhere near relevant.

1 Like

@Hilsun from what i see you are a closed box thinker who does not want and hear suggestions from others, you only want to voice out your frustrations and ideas and not accept other ideas as well, you are fond of making arguments on which you are always right. You voice out the problems of this game and yet you keep on playing it and when you get frustrated you whine a lot. Move on! or better yet create your own TOS with your own rules and a perfect gameplay or simply just quit the game! Don’t argue with other people who are making suggestions, helping you and giving you ideas.

Don’t tell them that their solutions are not efficient for they successfully solved the problem that you even CAN’T!

Simply quit!

That archer u can bypass via highest defense gear…wait till u try storage map that dam mage…that magic missle is the one that is OP lol
Defense u can stack…but magic defense w/o certain class build for anti mage…there’s no way to mitigate that magic lol…

Except you’re being the exact same way.

He’s made his opinion known and made suggestions for it before,it’s not his fault if your best counter argument is:

1. Something that doesn’t acknowledge the issue IMC has created by letting you quest on maps that can do this to you.The closest any of you has said is “deal with it”.That solves absolutely nothing.

2. Suggesting to quit the game. No game is perfect,but to suggest this to someone with a complaint you happen to disagree on is unhelpful and again,solves nothing.Most people [on the forum at least] feel very similarly about game issues.We wouldn’t have a game to play if they all followed your logic and left the game.

There are ways to deal with the problem,but they aren’t the best ones and the current system makes it harder than it should be.This needs to change and there is nothing wrong with someone [and others if you search up Blue Spion Archer] voicing their feelings on it.

2 Likes

Just an FYI, if someone makes a point, and then argues for that point, it is literally impossible for their argument to be “nowhere near relevant” since it is, you know…their point. xD

You really should just quit this game, since you’re having so much trouble with it (“this game” being the sad attempt at telling me my assessment of ToS’s poor game design regarding specifically the Blue Spion Archer is off-base).

And because I don’t agree with the suggestions, I am a “closed box thinker.” Yes, of course! If I don’t agree with you, I must just be ignorant! :0! Eyes. Opened.

In case you weren’t able to glean this from my posts, I haven’t once said that anyone’s proposed workaround methods aren’t effective–I’ve argued that they are time-wasting, poor game design, and shouldn’t be necessary. By now, I have extensively detailed why I feel that way with reasonable justifications and examples. If you fail to see the counter-intuitive nature of ToS, that is your choice.

If you’re happy with the design, great! Go get one-shot or grind for hours all you like! But just because you are happy with something doesn’t mean it’s a good or positive thing, especially when everyone’s argument is basically “don’t fix this because I don’t care about it even if a plethora of other players do and changing it would literally have no effect on me whatsoever.”

smh

Not all quests have a level or previous quest requirement. If I wanted, I could make a lvl 1 char, have my guild master summon me at a map tens or hundreds of levels above me and still be able to take some of them, but just because I managed to accept a quest it doesn’t mean the game is telling me I’m ready for it, does it?

if you had spent the same amount of time at truffles than the time you cryed on the forum, you would be already high level enough to not get raped by the archers.

But you cry for those archers. But go in the evac map and say high to the monster there. They will completely destroy you and you will deal 0 dmg to them.

The game stops you from going in a map more then 10 lvls higher then you.

This is by design which means it is what the dev wanted. Nothing you can do about it.

And not provoke/promote change? Ye of little fortitude, ye shall never understand.

1 Like

Not if the game is designed poorly, no. :0 If the game is designed well, then yes, that’s exactly what it’s telling you. :smiley:

Little fortitude?

We’ve been in more deeper ■■■■ than that blue bear that chucks pointy spinning in mach3 branches at us.

Every game has massive difficulty spikes that’ll be no cake walk.
Just because you soloed all the trash mobs before doesn’t you’ll be able to solo the endgame trash mobs that easily.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

tl;dr: I have good points that no one can counter with any reasonable arguments, so they scream strawman fallacies and attack me as a person rather than my argument. :>

1 Like

Alright. I got your point. I don’t agree, but I got it

I think it’s the game difficulty gap from 1-200(easy) the 210-280 the nightmare start…a sudden jump in monster difficulty caught everyone off guard lol

Holy ■■■■ people are still complaining about this? Well, I guess by people I mean one guy now, @Hilsun - everyone else figured it out.

Innumerable ways to deal with this situation, the foremost of which is to not have some terrible build that relies on nothing ever attacking you (note: nothing ever attacking you, period. Builds that rely on never being HIT are fine). Either have some decent plate, aspersion buff, a chunk of health, and maybe even a shield so that you can sustain damage you take with potions, or have full leather with high dex so you can dodge everything and, again, rely on potions to heal up the few hits that inevitably go through.

Of course the second obvious solution is to not choose to take more than double damage from every attack you do take. As in, don’t go to a map that is 10 levels above you with mobs that can attack you. If they’re within 5 levels, you’re fine. If they’re more than 5 levels above you, they get a 10% attack modifier per level. This is a huge deal, even if you’re in full plate with aspersion and huge defense it can turn 1 damage attacks into 1000 damage attacks because of the way the level modifier amplifies attack directly rather than amplifying damage taken (otherwise it would double the 1 damage you take to only 2 damage, obviously not exactly a big deal). Then crits from spiral arrow amplify that even further. It’s just not a good time. Do some grind or some dungeons or some missions or some daily quests, pop your exp cards, whatever you have to do, to keep within 5 levels of the map in question, and you’ll take way less damage.

Then there’s the other solution of just using the tools every class has available to prevent yourself from being attacked at all before you kill the enemy. Clerics have tons of this with various forms of invulnerability and mitigation and healing, Swordsmen have their knockbacks and other stuns but being melee they have the hardest time not taking damage, archers have pavises for block, stealth, and a few other CC skills, Wizards have sleep, cryo freezes, kino CC.

Of course it is possible your particular build can’t accomplish any of the other elements (except for not being in maps outside of your level range, but hey, you do you if you can pull it off) in which case you just join a party, no problem.

If you reject all of the above then the blame is squarely on you. You can bitch and moan all you want, but you really don’t have a leg to stand on. You created a build that doesn’t work solo, and yet you want to go to maps that are outside of your level range and refuse to join a party. Really dude? This is the game’s fault? Okay.

Just because you CAN do something, doesn’t mean you should. You could start a new character and go run to a level 200 map - the game will let you, there’s no mechanic preventing it - but do you really expect to be able to just function there on your level 1 character? The game allows you to start quests on maps that are 10 levels above you, but they’ll be much more challenging because of the level penalties. You still CAN do it, in fact in a party you could do it easily, but it’ll be a lot harder if you insist on soloing without a solo build. You CAN have a million different build combinations, but most of them won’t make sense for what you want to do. There are lots of choices in this game, lots of things you can do, that doesn’t mean every option is reasonable for everyone at every time.

If you can explain to me how giving the player more choice is bad design, by all means. I’m open to hearing it. But you seem to be saying “Because the game lets me accept quests in this area, I should have no difficulty completing said quests on my own,” to which I can only respond, “Why?”

I can guarantee you, you’re in the minority in thinking that being given the choice to do more difficult content at an earlier point in time is bad design vs. being locked into only doing level-appropriate content. Otherwise, Dark Souls wouldn’t be a huge franchise with millions of fans.

6 Likes

Most people just got tired of white nights treating ToS like it’s infallible. I don’t blame them, really. I just get bored. :>

This is the only thing that I haven’t really touched on specifically, but I have literally been walking through the map, a Spion spawned, and I died before the animation for the Spiral Arrow even occurred. There was literally no time to react, but the biggest point here is that literally using every “please don’t attack me” method you have to prevent a single move from hitting you on a map the game is telling you you should be able to quest on is stupid.

I’m pretty sure my argument is that players should have more choices. o_o What are you talking about?

I literally already quoted this, but…

1 Like

That’s funny seeing you use this as a response to people enjoying Dark Souls, since a lot of people who dislike that game throw the phrase “Artificial difficulty” around. “Artificial difficulty” seems to be a buzz phrase that cropped up as a way of saying “I don’t like how this game’s difficulty scales” and making it sound like you’re not just complaining.

Again you really haven’t said anything new, apparently because you’re so arrogant in your clearly professional assessment of the game’s design that you can just rehash the same few statements (I can’t even call them arguments at this point), you’re starting to become a meme my friend.

You don’t seem to be offering any solutions, just saying “this is stupid, bad game design, artificial difficulty”. The one thing you mentioned is that mobs should scale against your equipment instead of your level - completely ignoring the fact that you’re level 210 against mobs that are over level 220, so that WAS a factor in this case, because you did not have level 220 equipment.

And considering the game has 280 levels with a planned 600, just how often do you expect to be upgrading your gear in order to not die to mobs? How will you get that gear? Just have it given to you? Well then, that’s not giving players more choices, is it? That’s just the game holding your hand and forcing you down the straight and narrow. Or will you have to go kill things for the materials and recipes and craft it - in which case, you’ll be grinding, just like you would be grinding for levels to make up the difference in the current system. So you would just go from “I shouldn’t have to grind for levels in order to not die to these mobs so I can do my quests” to “I shouldn’t have to grind for gear in order to not die to these mobs so I can do my quests”.

Your grievances still all boil down to “I don’t like this,” and everyone’s response has been a resounding “tough ■■■■,” so maybe you should get your head out of your ass and stop thinking you speak for all discerning gamers who seek ‘well designed’ themepark MMOs and go play one of those instead of trying to turn this into one.

1 Like