Tree of Savior Forum

Considering the Blue spion archer

You obviously don’t understand the point of the quotes if you keep responding. :smirk:

People are offering poor solutions. I am explaining why they are poor solutions. Just because you don’t like that your solutions are terrible doesn’t mean they aren’t terrible solutions.

I understand :slight_smile: I have some glasscannon characters, blue Spion IS strong but if you kill him BEING HIS SAME LEVEL he is doable. Had no problems.
My qs3 I used pavise. My wizard I used sleep. My cleric i’m using safety zone. And my swordsman used bash.

The solution you want is to nerf the mob. Nop bro, wont happen.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

With that much dex and leather armor I’d be surprised if you even get hit by them. :0 But also, considering you’re a templar, you’re definitely already within level range. So of course you don’t have an issue with them.

My comment was geared more toward the fact that you somehow managed to grind 20 levels above maps you quest on. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, different strokes! I don’t really enjoy running in circles, endlessly bashing monsters, and that’s it. I like having some variety to what I’m doing, and ToS is not delivering on that at all. :confused:

1 Like

I actually hadn’t suggested any changes, I was simply voicing the issues I had. If I WAS voicing a suggestion…

My first suggestion would be: lower the level of the mob. Change nothing about it but its level. Stats can all stay the same, just lower the level. If a map says “level 222 map” there is no reason for a level 225 monster to exist in swarms there. Maybe put it onto a level 225 map instead.

My second suggestion would be to change how drastically level differences affect damage of mobs. I don’t really care for this solution, personally, since doing so would affect how easily people can hold their own on actually-higher-level maps. But it would at least fix this issue of mobs on questing maps being unreasonably powerful against players who are capable of leveling there.

Though on second thought, if the game actually scaled properly, there would be absolutely no reason for this mechanic to even exist; the simple fact that a monster is higher level than you should not provide it with excessive damage multipliers. The damage from a higher-level monster should come from the fact that a lower-leveled character does not have the armor or stats to deal with the higher level monster’s natural damage. The fact that you can change literally nothing but your level, and see a WORLD of difference, is only more telling of how poorly the game is designed.

Oh, guess what this game is from Korea the country of MMO no-lifers what’d you expect.

Most of the guys here in the thread already said it, in levels 200+ ’ 10+level gap will kill you’, just suck it up and grind.

No thanks. I’d rather continue fighting for improved gaming experience for all. :smiley:

1 Like

Give us a button to reach 280. It isn’t easy enough arealdy.

I don’t see your whole scpheel the entire game is like this.
When you get 5 levels under the mob you start taking a lot more damage because you’re effectively giving them an attack bonus.

Spiral arrow is a multiplier attack. It takes their attack, adds a multiplier after.
If you’ve already reduced their attack to 1 or 0 beforehand then 1 times a 1.8 modifier for instance is still 1 damage rounded down.

The mobs have what around 600 attack. If you’re 5 levels under than you’ll be boosting that, and that boost gets affected by the multiplier of spiral arrow.

The map is level 222.
And at level 222 you will not suffer increased damage from the archers because 3 levels above does not trigger an increased damage penalty.

This isn’t new, even in the level 20 map in Klaipedia’s side, there were regular spion archers with Spiral arrow and they hurts too, 200 levels later, you’re fighting a stronger version. Be at the level you’re supposed to be, if you’re using a 1h class, equip a shield when travelling solo. If you’re in a party then your party members can soak up the damage instead.

You can take them at lower levels but then you have to use active defense tools. Con is a garbage answer to the problem, The amount of investment you need to make to make CoN a legitimate solution is far greater than the investment of just putting on the right equip and being level 221 or higher.

People get one-shot in missions when they find themselves 15 levels under the boss. Solution to it becomes to dodge since every attack in those fights can be actively avoided. Archer’s can’t be so easily avoided so you try to directly mitigate their damage via the defense/evasion stats, crowd control or defensive skills.

The game intentionally tries to bar your progress by making operations outside of a specific level range become rather difficult until you reach that level range.

And I may add that I have almost always done quests on maps AS SOON as I can do them–as in, I am constantly running quests 10 levels under their suggested level. Not once did I ever encounter this issue before (besides rambears, but see previous post about that).

This is literally what I am saying I take most of my issue with. In case you didn’t read just a few comments up, I said:

I totall understand and support this concept. However, I don’t agree that this situations warrants this solution. As I have said several times throughout this post–I don’t mind things being difficult. I don’t mind the concept of being 1-shot. But as you said, you can avoid most 1-shot moves, there are opportunities for counter play. I LIKE counter play! Counter play should be possible, and, more importantly, reasonable, and that’s really what I’m getting at here.

The strawman is strong with this one.

There is a counterplay. Reach the map level…

Do people even read the threads they comment in? :V

Yes, we do read, but this is tree of savior not Tree of Hilsun. If you don’t want to grind in a korean game sorry bruh, this is not the game for you. There is no solution for your laziness, we can’t solve that.

So your argument is “you should grind because you should grind.”

Cool.

Nop, you should grind because you rushed so hard doing quests that you are underlevel. So the problem here isn’t about spion being “WAH TOO STRONK”, you’re just underlevel for that map… Isn’t that simple?

If I was underleveled for the map, questing wouldn’t be allowed. Questing is allowed, therefore I am not underleveled for the map.

You know, every other game I have ever played in my lifetime has level caps for their quests. Sometimes those quests are easy, other times those quests are difficult. But never does a game allow you to even begin a quest if they are going to simultaneously present you with a monster who can 1-shot-longer-range-homing-attack you.

Isn’t that simple?

No but seriously, what is so massively complex about this concept that people can’t seem to wrap their minds around it?

It also amuses me that not a single person has been able to refute any of the game design conflicts I’ve pointed out, and instead simply revert to “just grind,” “get gud,” “you’re lazy,” or, my favorite, “stop playing.”

PS. You’re not wrong that I’m lazy. But that fact doesn’t refute the fact that ToS is a terribly poorly designed MMO.

Then why are the quests available up to 10 levels below? If they actually wanted to bar you from progressing,they’d narrow that down.When you’ve done all of your mission and dungeon runs,the dailies aren’t worth it anymore,and you have no more maps other than this one,you can bet I’m going to go quest on it.If they have the quests available at such a gap to you,the monsters involved in said quests shouldn’t be able to one shot you when your defensive options are a joke.

My CON was the only reason I was able to get through that map,and it was only me and a Chronomancer.You have to be able to survive more than one hit if you want to take them down,and most people are putting points into CON at that point anyway to survive other maps in the area.So I don’t think that statement is accurate in the slightest.

It’s quite the problem and people suggesting to simply be at map level or party up and just tough it out don’t see the issue IMC has created here.