Tree of Savior Forum

Considering the Blue spion archer

tbh…it’s my first time to go to that map (nahash) coz i keep on grinding in mercenary mission and dungeons, and havent explored some of the maps with passed levels. so this lead me to curiosity as well due to most of the players keep whining about this blue spion archers.

now that i know it’s damage, i’ll level my cata and test it out soon (using leather set)

@Melon went through the map as a pre-dragoon, and I think she was able to live a single shot with decent plate armor, but I’m not sure. The massive HP-pool might allow for one shot of lenience. Just don’t get crit!

1 Like

“Where players CAN be questing” would fit. If the map is 220 you SHOULD quest there at 220 (for example), but you CAN do it earlier, but its gonna be much harder ofc. Man, even that siauliai weak golem hit like a truck if you are 13 levels under him.

I had never once–not a SINGLE time–ever encountered another map on which I was questing (even when just barely able to begin questing there) where any monster on the map was capable of 1-shotting me.

Again, there is a difference between something being difficult and something being stupid. This is a case of the latter.

You’ll flip your table when you face the wild Red Spion Archer. A stronger version of blue Spion, with 120k hp.

Actually, I was mistaken–Brown Rambear could 1-shot me with their spin attack. The huge difference being 1. The attack has a windup animation which gives you a second to react (though this animation gets interrupted if you’re hitting it, so it can make it harder to tell when it’s going to use it if you are also attacking it, which is pretty dumb), and, most importantly, 2. you can avoid it by walking out of range.

You can’t avoid Spiral Arrow no matter how far away you move. This is why the Blue Spion is an issue, and the Brown Rambear, while admittedly annoying, is not nearly as frustrating/broken.

1 Like

In my experience trying to fight monsters 5~10+ levels higher than the characters level results in highly increased damage from the monster.

If you go on that map at the earliest time possible (early 21X) then you’ll recieve extremely high damage. But that’s the case with most other maps/monsters.

Lower level maps are more forgiving in that matter, since monsters there won’t use that strong skills, however the higher the level is the better the skill modifiers for monsters become, of course, increasing the punishment when not being in proper level range to fight them.

Just because you can do something it does not neccessarily mean that it’s a good idea. :slight_smile: You also can do worldbosses at level 30… but your survival rate will probably not be as good as with a level similar to the world boss.
I understand the “you can do quests even when you’re 10 levels below the maps level” option as an option for those who ran out of quests and desperately want to get EXP cards. However, if it involves encounters with monsters it’s generally a good idea to wait until you are in a ±5 level range with the monsters.

@medidudegame try getting a party to do quests on this map, or upgrade your plate armor, or use/do stuff people said above… there are more ways to go around this, if you cant handle this more of spion like family classes are coming up on other higher leveled maps you’ll surely have a hard time.

Yes, I quested there before I was Dragoon. At around 22k HP, I could [and still can] survive the hits from Spiral Arrow. Unless more than one of the archer’s is attacking…then I still go down pretty fast.

I feel as though I am not quite being clear with my point here.

I understand that there are possible solutions to not getting 1-shot by these guys:

1. Invest in much higher CON
  2. Equip better armor (requires being a higher level or highly over-upgrading)
  3. Join a party
  4. Be a higher level/don’t quest there yet

My point has been that none of those things are reasonable solutions to the problem because:

1. I’d have to sacrifice the entirety of my build to invest in enough CON for it to be meaningful enough to do anything about this. So much for having options in this game that promotes diversity and choice, amirite?

2. Having the best armor for your level at +3 should be sufficient to at least survive (even if only barely) on maps the game is allowing you to quest on. I already hate that it basically forces you to invest in plate armor if you are a class/character who has preferred using another type of armor. It should not be a requirement that you have a couple of the best plate armors at +5 or more just to survive a single attack from a monster that exists on a map which the game is telling you you should be questing on.

3. This is not a party quest/mission/dungeon, therefore it should not be a requirement to have a party in order to survive on a map I am clearly within level range to quest on. Not to mention being in a party would not solve the issue of this thing being capable of 1-shotting players who are reasonably trying to quest there. There is a time and a place for monsters who are too strong for normal players to deal with solo, and that place is party quests and dungeons–not the open world on a map where you are within level range to receive and complete quests.

4. If the game is saying “you should be questing here,” it should not then also say “but also there’s a monster here who can long-range-homing-attack-1-shot you because it’s 13 levels higher than you.” If there were other places to quest at my level, I’d be doing it. I’m not about to grind for hours to level–after all my years of playing RO, my grinding patience for boring games has diminished. IF I am going to grind, I want it to be interesting and fun.

*EDIT The fact that there is even a mob that is 13 levels higher than the lowest necessary level for the quest, and that its damage is so significantly enhanced because of its level difference, is one of the biggest issues. There is no reason for that at all. If there was a SINGLE instance of a monster like that on a map, then sure, it’s kind of goofy and fun to have this single, stupidly OP monster to scare you a bit, and you have to avoid it if you see it and it’s gimmicky and whatever, that’d be fine. But the map is full of these jerks.

Like I said in a previous post, this is about poor game design–when you start forcing players to either take a specific stat build, endure boring grinding, optimize ridicuously well for your level, or get 1-shot in a zone that you are within level range to quest, then something is wrong.

Why are you so resistant against suggestions ?

The term “glasscannon” developed for a reason in all those years of MMO’s/ARPG’s. You did one and now take the consequences.

Imo at lot of more monster should hit like those archers. The only thing i really hate about them is that its an absolute undodgable attack. There should a small chance to somehow avoid it with good reaction, like jump in the right moment.

ITs really not to attack you. But i think there should be a minimum HP/Gear requirement if you enter a certain game content. Elsewise, all player would run with Caifsun Set around, if you know what i mean :wink:

3 Likes

Also, you have an interesting concept of “glasscannon”.

Glasscannons were always struggling at some points, right ?

And i explicitly wrote a “small chance”. Not a 100% chance to dodge it.

If you decide to go full glass you should be aware of the fact that you are struggling at some point. I’ve a Glasscannon mysellf (Full INT Cryo3/Ele3) and i had problems there as well (but i did it, since i’ve lots of cc)

Also, i would like to point out, that nearly all guides (players) at least recommend 15k HP for the higher end game content :wink:

I have 75 CON and am using all upgraded plate armor and aspersion. What are you even talking about? o_o

Also: [quote=“Hilsun, post:47, topic:314493”]
Again, there is a difference between something being difficult and something being stupid. This is a case of the latter.
[/quote]

You also failed to refute any of my arguments from the previous post. >_>

You’re 13 levels weaker than the mob. He is dealing extra damage. Just grind a little more.

I’m not exactly sure why you’re posting anything at all.

Bro, so this game is not for you. Enough of this crap. You dont want to level to reach the monster actual level, you want it to be a walk in the park (isnt this game arealdy easy enough?) And NO, the game is not saying you SHOULD quest there, just unlockd New quests, if you cant deal with the map, get stronger and try again. Your RO experience doesnt matter at all, most of us here are ro veterans as well, so what? This is ToS.

Git gud weakling.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You got me. That’s definitely the way to prove your point. *nods

@haukinyau Unfortunately not every player has the capacity or desire to no-life this game. If you’re arguing that the game should only be designed for hardcore no-lifers, then sure! But my points are all aimed at a broader player base, not an elitist one.

We gave you the ways. But you just read and quote this. The problem here is that you are weak, and you dont want to get stronger, you want mobs to be as weak as you.