Tree of Savior Forum

Consecutive / successive hits Spearman Nightmare! ** NEED TESTERS **

Hello Saviors ! I would like to point and discuss about Consecutive/Successive hits against one hit in the game.

Found:

1- Thrust Continous Attack: When the passive triggers it hits about 51 damage and the main skill hit 454

2- found that Consecutive hits from [Pierce] hits lower for the next Consecutive hit first hit , 1191 Second is 740 , Third 560

3- Main Issue lays in the Trident Spear Family … they do 3 Successive attacks

As you can see my auto attack hits on Large monster 177 - 96 - 57, total of 330 Successive attacks Aren’t they are similar hits?

This is my Damage on Medium mob size 351 which is HIGHER than the first Hit on Large monster

here is my one hand weapon it hits from 170-35x

it dose higher damage than my 2hand spear … =.=

I have tried Partisan 2handed spear and it is little bit lower on physical attack than my Trident , Pratisan hits 270~600 white damage, assuming crit graphic did not glitch, the gap is too big , without the crit glitch 270~312

Edit.
Thanks to @thailehuy

I forgot to mention I have 23 lightening damage on my hair custom , so that means my trident will do even lower damage !

@Breathless
I have tested the auto attack with Concentration , each hit of trident will consume 3x concentration BUT from the numbers I am seeing ONLY the first hit gets that extra damage and the other 2 hits are NOT !

After a lot of thinking I believe the game do the following !
Trident damage = 200
I am here ignoring the point of all the other buffs/crit…etc just plain damage\

first hit = (200- defence)
second hit = (first hit - defence)
third hit = (second hit - defence)

Thank you Saviors ! I hope I get respond from Game designer if that is intended or not.

2 Likes

Ya i’ve tested it too and its silly…
@STAFF_Ethan
Can you guys check the 3hit weapon behavior and its code, please?

1 Like

yes please =P summon all the support !

[quote=“ahmadholpa, post:1, topic:208156”]
here is my one hand weapon it hits from 170-35x
it dose higher damage than my 2hand spear … =.=
[/quote]1h spear has bonus attack to medium and large type target.

However, your speculation is correct. Trident and Galin trident do not score 3 hits on target, but rather it split your attack into 3 parts. The bad thing about it is that each part is subjected to target defense, thus making you suffer 3x the reduction from defense.

The plus side is that it also triggers added damage 3 times (blessing, concentrate and hair accessories’ property damage)

2 Likes

What about bonus attack damage from Concentrate?
I invested a lot of money on a Galin Trident and I also noted the damage was being split in 3, so I got my Concentrate attribute to level 50 but I’m not sure if I get the full bonus on every split attack or if the bonus gets divided by 3 as well, which would be pretty sad.

i have not tested that but I can get back to you once I finish testing =P

Bonus damage get added on each hit.

You can watch it here with my cataphract using trident on boss. Although the bonus damage is not really visible, you can clearly see the big chunk of HP I take down from boss on each attack and double slash.

1 Like

concentration are consumed but the damage not added !

The reason why you are doing lower damage is because lightning is weak vs Earth or is it an entirely different case?

@tsigetartseht that can possible be the case ! BUT I doubt it because I believe there no -Effect only reduction by 50%

yeah reduction on earth elemental attacks by 50%
I’m not really sure myself how elemental attack from accessories work compared to the unique Cafrisun set elemental attack tier 2 buff with no countdown ._.

@tsigetartseht just u know that buff is little bit over rated , because that earth damage will be added flat into ur final damage , AND it has its own damage AND if u have any other element buff like fire enchant will be added into it plus the fire enchant will do the same , so basically more element buffs more they do add on each other ! I have tested that and it WORKS ! except the Priest buff from Shops it will not be added !

1 Like

I see well I wouldn’t really mind if I have like permanent inferior sorta enchant fire on me as it procs my concentrate and priest’s blessing :open_mouth:

@tsigetartseht I just tested my damage without the hair custom and I noticed my damage increases with the haircustom regardless of the monster element type.

Well then that means it’s working as intended :smiley:

@tsigetartseht correct as for elements added but not solving this thread issue.

The attribute does nothing more than make it a pseudo-multihit, splitting the regular full damage (say, 500) into 2 parts that would amount to the same total amage (450 and 50). This has no effect on the calculated damage nor on the amount of times things like concentrate affect it, and is as such a completely worthless attribute, since it purely affects it visually.

Intended. As above, Piercing is not a multihit, but rather a pseudo-multihit. The total combined damage of each “hit” of piercing is your actual calculated damage and is only affected once by things like defense and concentrate, not for every hit.

This one I’m not sure about. Will test it myself whenever I make a dragoon.

But in short, your line of thought is going in the right direction. They’re not really hitting more than once, it’s just displaying it as such : The actual damage that was calculated and subtracted from the enemy’s HP is the combined total of the “hits” as one main value.

I suggest you drop your values into the main damage formula here: [Damage Guide] The big formula, modifier types, and how they interact!

For the first two, you’ll see it fits perfeclty.
As for trident, I’m unsure how the 3-hit works so I’ll have to get back to you on that one

2 Likes

@EternalDream Thanks my friend ! making a lot of sense, and that means … it is just for display purposes , not wow you are actually doing 3 hits =.=" so LAME

Is it supposed to work like this though? I mean, it’s misleading.
And why would anyone want their damage split without a single real benefit?
I hope I’m misunderstanding something because that’s pretty lame now that I invested so much in a Galin Trident.

For piercing it’s definitely intended: The damage is still x3 on large enemies and x2 on medium.They’re just really more powerful single hits (then split up) rather than more amount of hits. The downside to this is less synergy with stats like elemental attack which would work for each hit of a true multihit (Stabbing, Multishot), while only once for a pseudo.

As for Thrust : consecutive attacks, I have no idea what the idea was there, and I’m certain the tridents still do something beneficial.

1 Like