Tree of Savior Forum

[COMPLETE] Scheduled Maintenance & Patch Notes - April 5th, 2016

lvl 40 is too low
/20characters

DUNGEONS STILL NOT WORKING! Still doing commander load Fail!!!

Thank you, Professional Ass Kisser.

Wow, and guess what, there’s trillions of other problems for the game released a week ago, too.

No way!

All I was saying was I doubt this patch has anything to do with problems here and there and more about global fixes for huge issues we were having. And guess what? Chat spam and Mega spam stacked as well. Let them do crap a bit at a time, right now the obvious focus would be the big issues that effect globally, that’s all I was pointing out.

But if you want to have your generic beef and throwing stuff out of proportion, be my guest, because it’s totally obvious that directing your anger towards me for doing next to nothing is totally going to solve all your problems

2 Likes

What about a “Are you a bot?” button in the options with a right click. If you get 10 or more “Are you a bot?” you have a Captcha to fill and if you fail you are kicked. This way, instead of blocking bots and waiting the next wave of it, we just have to click this and some minutes later, bye bye bot, see ya. It’s not a permanent solution but with this, IMC could start looking at who has been banned, how many times and be able to ban them in the future. 10 votes is good cause 5 could be use by unfriendly premade team to ban someone grinding on there spot.

If you manage to fill the captcha, you are “immune” for an hour (to avoid unfriendly spams of “stupid persons”. You could even create a system with, when a certain amount of kicking is reached, you can’t log any more until the next maintenance (with the possibility to contact staff if it’s an error).

1 Like

That sounds pretty nice, at least to have until the bot situation slows down as a temporary feature. I don’t exactly know how easy/hard it is to implement the feature, but it sounds pretty simple

I like this idea.
Post must be at least 20 characters

dude calling people names does not solve any problems so take your waste of time comments elsewhere and leave it for people who want to come up with solutions or thanks for what IMC have done.

1 Like

yeah and think about a guild who really hates a person or just trolling and telling all his members to click “are you a bot” on this person they dislike or trolling… sure it wont get abused…

The thing is your not thinking in the mindset of a bot owner heres how it goes if a bot gets banned they will make a new one and your back to square one its similar to someone proclaiming to cure a terminal illness by saying removing it from the body yet it has done more damage and still reappears later on.

Do you understand removal of bots does nothing because they react to it what needs to be done is a way they are blocked from anyone hearing them but not know they have been blocked this is where bot owners tend to be lazy they will assume because there bot is still spamming the same message they have yet to be banned and they will leave it there but then again you will get smarter ones who time there bots and rotate them but even if they rotate them if they don’t know they have been silenced they will be completely unaware that the spam they are doing has no impact because they cant tell if someone is receiving there message.

Take the blocking feature when you block someone does it tell the person there blocked? no it just simply makes any message they send to you or public where you are not appear a person cant tell if someone’s been blocking them and unless I guess in direct pm if it said but if it does not they could send you 1000000 message’s and still you would not hear it but they cant tell now for a bot who here understands does anyone respond to bot automated messages… no one does we would rather just hit the block feature so they are never heard of.

I just want a clarification on this. Do we lose the vouchers after April 9th even after claiming them?

1 Like

I doubt it… That would be a very bad joke cause the dungeons don’t work yet anyway… Well, not 100% correct

1 Like

that is a standard mail deleting message similar to some games getting a 30 day or delete so provided you open the mail and put it into one of your person inventory it should be perm

1 Like

Not sure if putting a level cap on megaphones will stop the spam, since once someone that sells gold on a website will have some sort of hack to have these TP points to use lots of megaphones. It will obviously delay, but not that much. Although it will generate more BOT users, as there is already some on Orcha and Klapeida servers.

Since it’s frequency you can get the same result by multiplicating number of movs spawned.

Based on wording, it’s clearly number of mobs spawned:

20 mobs / 10 seconds = 2 rate

30 mobs / 10 seconds = 3 rate, so 50% increase.

To get the same 50% increase by reducing time you need to change 10 seconds to 6.(6) seconds, and it’s too complicated to implement.

Now just think about, what if they sell this on cash shop…

Idk if they do already.

Someone on reddit analyzed the game files and found why enemies spawn in waves. All the enemies have their own respawn timers and those never changed. So most enemies have set respawn times of 10-15 seconds, but the server has been set to not check for respawns until once every 2-3 minutes (pre the 50% patch), so after the 2-3 minutes the servers looks to see if enemies are ready to respawn (they all obviously are, given they’ve been waiting since about 10 seconds after their last spawn) so the server spawns everything at once.

Why they decided to do this I don’t know, and personally I think that a 50% increase in spawn rate is not nearly enough. Considering in iCBT2 enemies were spawning on their own independent timer and ranged from as little as 10 seconds, going from 2 minute waves to 1 minutes waves won’t really solve much. It’s a step in the right direction, but ultimately likely not enough to make people happy and definitely not enough to solve the wave issue.

The “new” system is ■■■■… no mmo does this…cause its just weird

1 Like

@STAFF_Ethan @Staff_Julie What happened? Why was it changed and do you really think this is the superior system? Cause none of you player likes it…

1 Like

There’s only two reasons I can think of one would be to help ease server lag, in which case we may see this reversed as servers get added and get better. The other, though, is to combat RMTs and botters. However, the problem with that is the “solution” affects everyone not just RMTs and botters, so it won’t actually solve any problems on that front what-so-ever. The only thing that will help with is inflation of silver, but people are even more likely to use bots with the longer respawns, and RMTs will still happen but a dollar will just buy less silver (economics 101 here people).

As to why they opted to set the server refresh slow as opposed to change spawn timers. I assume b/c that’s a much much much faster change than going through and changing each mob’s respawn timers manually. So basically it was a last minute decision for some unbeknownst reason, hastily done that did some serious damage to the game.

Better at level 50.
First dungeon is around that level also so…