Tree of Savior Forum

Companion App / Add-On: Laima's Compass

[Update 5/17] Even newer screenshots!
[Update 5/10] Screenshots using the new template

Being a completionist with an appalling sense of direction, I was really glad when @Excrulon released his add-ons. I decided to create one of my own with a different twist.

This companion app is meant to run as a parallel program that you open up on a secondary screen - or your cellphone.

What it IS (so far):

• An add-on / app combo that keeps track of your Exploration and kills per mob, map and character;
  • A route tool that tells you the shortest path between two maps;
  • [WIP] A companion that suggests what to do next, based on your level, place and kill/exploration track record;
  • A mobile-friendly tool that allows you to see your travel log updating as you play.

What it does NOT:

• It is a completely non-intrusive stand-alone app: It doesn’t alter original files or network packets.

What it DOES:

• Iterates with a LUA script file under the game’s add-on folder.

Beware! nerdy information ahead:

Hoping for an official evaluation, so hopefully our CMs won’t mind a direct mention: @STAFF_Ethan, @STAFF_John, @Staff_Julie, @STAFF_J, @STAFF_Ines, I would appreciate a go / no go.

Suggestions and criticisms are appreciated.

Screenshots galore ahead!

[WIP] Laima’s Advice

Live event tracker & Travel Log

Updates as you go around exploring or killing mobs. The Log keeps track of exploration and kills. Green dots = finished, Orange = partially done.

Route

Finds the shortest path between two maps:

12 Likes

Seems a very useful addon
I hope this gets approved

1 Like

I don’t think this will be allowed, as useful as it is. This is not an addon, this is a standalone app that read the game information and network packet. This is against the terms if I recall correctly.

Thanks for the feedback!

Actually, no packets are read at all; communication happens through a file saved locally by the Lua add-on that looks like this:

Leo|Lunardi|160|d_velniasprison_51_2|57690|111|315

This file is then parsed by the app. So, in a sense, the app have no idea whatsoever how the game works - it just waits for a file to be created, and reads from it.

1 Like

Post updated with new screenshots, Github repository updated as well.

1 Like

Seems great!
Would love to see an installation guide =D

2 Likes

How do I install this? Thanks

@tbmail001 @CrimsonCurry I’m working on a executable release as we speak - I’ll let you guys know as soon as it is available!

2 Likes

Omg, when you release this I am so gonna use it
Love and praise to you <3

1 Like

Oh I see i thought it was released already. Thanks man don’t push yourself. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

New screenshots! Also, GitHub repo updated with a compiled test version if you’re feeling particularly adventurous. =)

1 Like

Great addon, really enjoying it!

1 Like

Updated with new screenshots and added functionality, Route.

1 Like

Looks like a great add-on :o might try alongside the Excrulon add-ons I downloaded :smiley:
Just one question…is it possible to swap that Goddess Laima chatbox stuff with Goddess Saule? :smiley:

Add-on looks fantastic, but i have no idea how to make it work. Guess ill need to wait until release.

1 Like

Same here, I’ve tried to run tos-laimas-compass.exe but it just give me a bunch of errors.

I really love the idea, please continue your work :smiley:
I can see it be usefull for beginners who doesn’t what to do.
I also can see advanced players being pleased with the tracking infos.

1 Like

this is great. gonna wait for final release.
hope we can change goddess laima with gesti. not that i hate laima or anything :innocent:

Laima is ugly. Give us a tsundere Gabija and I’m sold !

On a serious note, looking forward to see where this is gonna go.

@xyilence11, @rye.ard, @Nemeniah - Due to popularity (or lack of, in Laima’s case) I’ll add a ‘Pick your Waifu’ control to the settings page. Sounds good? :wink:

@bloodychaos17 - Thank you! The idea is to use that initial screen (Laima’s Advice) to hint on recommended activities - for example, Hauberk should appear when it’s about time to enter Demon Prison District.

I’m doing this on my spare time, so I apologize for the slow releases - but the objective is to create a tool that helps you decide what you want to do without spoiling the fun of discovery. The mob ‘cards’ won’t appear on your book until you get at least one kill, for example.

4 Likes