Tree of Savior Forum

Collaborative Story Writing RP - Recruitment

Rather then a traditional RP we are trying to get players together to write a story. The story is mainly about a cleric named Claire trying to find her lost brother who dissapeared on a pilgramig to Fedimian; but after the initial post by @Marad it is up to everyone exactly how that happens as well as what happens on the way. I hope you join us and help make this a succesful event. Marad will be posting the RP in the fanfiction section when it is ready and then we will @ all who sign up as well as putting the link here.

Link to RP

How to sign up
Post that you are interested and you will be put on the list of writers.

Writers and OCs
1 - Marad, Claire
2 - Curika, Thomas
3 - AnitaCafe
4 - Malzara, Giedras
5 - FlanFlan, Blare
6 - MagicTart
7 - Rebirthofleo, Vacenin

Rules
1 - Only people on the list of writers will have their post count, all other posts will be ignored as to prevent trolling and derailing.
2 - After the first post any one on the list may post. Please submit a post saying you are writing the next section, then edit in your story. This is to help prevent double posts.
3 - There will be a time limit of one hour to post your part to prevent stagnation from someone needing to afk. If you need more then one hour please edit in your post 'still writing at x:xx’
4 - You may write anything as long as it does not derail the story or would be impossible in ToS. For example you can’t just go straight from Orsha to Tenent Garden without traveling through the appropriate maps.
5 - No graphic content, keep it forum friendly. Violence and relationships are fine but don’t go overboard.
6 - Posts can be at maximum 3000 words
7 - Every writer may introduce 2 additional original characters, npcs from ToS may be interacted with freely as long as it makes sense. We all love Hauberk but no making him your hunters companion.
8 - Every OC may have one companion just like in game. However feel free to use companions that are not implemented like the piggy or dog companion.
9 - Only the creator of an OC may kill that OC, but other writers may feel free to put the characters in a dangerous situation.
10 - Although Ocs are encouraged and welcome please remember this will mainly be Claires story and she will remain the main character.
11 - after the story starts please post anything else you want to say on a seperate line prefaced by Ooc (out of character) to help keep it organized and easily readable.
12 - If you feel a certain song would go well with what you are writing feel free to post the song, but no writing lyrics.
13 - Fanart is appreciated and welcome for your OC or others, we will post all fanart in this thread and the story thread itself.
14 - Class changes will be handled by the OC creator whenever they feel it is appropriate. You do not need to go to the class master but can get creative with it, like finding an ancient tome to become a sorceror or befriending a companion to become a hunter.
15 - When the time comes we will be holding a poll to decide on what class advancments Claire will take.

If you have any additional questions or comments please feel free to post them here or PM either Marad or me, we will try to answer you as best we can. Thanks for reading this far and i hope you decide to join (n_n)v we are welcoming writers of all skill levels so don’t be shy.

6 Likes

Reserved for any art that is done (n_n)v

I’m in! Sign me up. :3

Interesting. I’m intrigued.

But I’m confused about 4. The statues of the goddesses exists for a reason. It’s integral in Fedimian (it’s a giant statue of Zemyna! Why can’t it grant at least 1 skill point?), in Klaipeda (the story of Modestas), Zeraha (the only place where Orsha Revelators actually get a “revelation” if the Goddess Orb counts).

Not sure exactly how this is going to play out in practice as everyone has different roleplay styles but I’ll give it a go so sign me up.

However the 1 hour reply window how is that going to work? Are we expected to finish this RP in 1 day? The event begins and everyone needs to stay there and reply until it finishes? I’ve been part of roleplays in the past just between me and one other person that have carried on for weeks and totaled almost 100,000 words lol.

@AnitaCafe awesome :smiley: i will add you in a second

@Malzara i will add you :smiley: and to clarify if we have been to that place before you may use a goddess statue to travel there is applicable but you may not travel straight from orsha to fedimian without discovering it first.

@FlanFlan i will add you too n_n and no the 1 hour time window is just to prevent someone needing to afk in the middle of writing due to life or whatever and having others think they are still in the middle of writing so no one can post. This way if you see it has been over an hour you can feel free to post your part without waiting for them so long as they have not edited in they are still writing. The rp will continue until either people stop participating or we have reached a satisfactory conclusion and there is no more to add. I hope i was clear enough, please let me know if i should clarify further :smiley:

Thank you all so much for joining us (n_n)b

This is awesome! I don’t think I’ll have the time to go through with it, so I’ll just watch this thread :stuck_out_tongue: I want to know how this plays out.

What if I want to roleplay as a Hannaming?

…orsomethingelsewithtentacles

And the time differences. Some have different bedtimes too.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

@kyokahn feel free to watch it play out :smiley: if you ever feel like joining you are more then welcome even after we start

@mrshadowccg you are more then welcome to have a pet hanaming :smiley: we ask that your oc remain human though ;3 you could introduce a sorc that fights with a tentacled summon though :o

@Malzara that is why i set it up so anyone can post at anytime so long as no one else claimed that part of the story yet. We don’t need to be awake at the same time n_n we chose not to do a traditional style rp and do a collaborative story partially for this reason.

@Tasty this will be a story written by all of its participants. Instead of a traditional rp think of it more like each person writing seperate chapters of a book

1 Like

This is super cool, and I REALLY want to take part… But I’m not sure how “serious” I could be about it… Will be following this

You are more then welcome to watch us :smiley: i hope you’ll decide to join later n_n you are more then welcome to join us even after the story starts

It’s worth noting you can join up and kill your character off later if you don’t want to participate anymore. Pretty common theme in multiplayer text-based roleplays.

Oh yes, that would certainly be fine @MagicTart
Also since this is a collaborative story and not a traditional rp you don’t really have to commit to it. You could post once in a blue moon if you’d like.

Main character is a loli cleric named Claire trying to look for her missing onii-chan. That has been kidnapped by evil loli tentacle monster hybrid, while on a pilgrimage.

There has been rumors of this evil tentacle loli spreading evil across the land. Places that have been taken over are completely covered in strange fleshy material. Almost similar to the red weed in War of the Worlds but not. She also uses strange tentacle monsters that resemble man; having tentacles as arms, legs and their head. That are used as units to fight and take over.

During loli Claire’s journey she meets other lolis and they join her to find the evil tentacle loli to save the land. One of them have lost their family, one lost a dear friend, one lives alone and lost their cat and also one just wants justice for all those who suffered.

On their journey they go through many battles, help other people, and experience some tribulations. They slowly get a lead towards where the evil loli tentacle’s hidden base of operations is.

After a long time, they eventually find out where it is. Upon defeating tentacles to get into the base’s main room, there is a very strong guard defending the entrance to it. In horror, the guard in actuality is a taken over human being. He is Claire’s onii-chan. This is possible because the evil tentacle loli is controlling him now.

Claire finds out that she originally knew, but forgotten who is the evil tentacle loli. Someone she has met earlier in life. The evil tentacle loli comes out to be known as Rima.

Rima earlier in the past used to live in Claire’s village. As well as loved Claire’s older brother. Due to reasons her family moved away somewhere else.

During that time there was a civil war going on. While Rima was away from home, her family had been taken captive by one of the parties of the war. She never did know where they were taken, and never did know what had ever become of them.

Her early life was one of depression and loneliness, homeless and no one in her village at the time could really help her. Since they as well were in hard times with money and food.

Knowing she probably was going to die in the days ahead, only thing she could do in her time was wander. While wandering in a forest that no one really goes to, she had found a cave in a ravine.

The cave inside had it’s walls covered in a strange fleshy substance. They glowed bright enough where you could see the interior of the area. But it was still dim. Upon further exploration, Rima had discovered a large mass of tentacles in the center of a room.

Events happened and she had become a vessel to a demon that wanted to take over the world. Originally, she didn’t exactly want to comply. But with the two combined in one body. Rima eventually fell to the powerful evil aura of the demon inside of her, she had gone insane.

While insane, the demon’s evil aura and emotional influence eventually made her want the same things as he did. Affecting her heart and mind, she became an incarnate of the demon. As well as slightly developing a type of stockholm syndrome.

This had all led to the current state of the continent.

Going back to the original story now, Claire and her friends could not find a way to save Rima. The only solution was to kill her, in order to kill the demon. While ridding of the demon, Rima would also be freed from her chains as well. Even though she would have to die.

As for Claire’s onii-chan, he could be brought back if exorcised. Since the original demon was far too powerful to be exorcised. But her older brother only had a small fragment of the demon inside of him to control his body at least.

As a battle was waged, they got Claire’s older brother incapacitated stopping him from further movement and could not fight anymore.

The final battle against Rima was very hard, as the demon himself was a very powerful one. After all of Claire’s friends had fully drained their managed strength, it was up to Clair to defeat the demon.

After all this time although, the demon was now weakened. It could be defeated in one hit with a strong holy attack to rid of him. But it would also rid of Rima.

Upon defeating Rima, the demon’s spirit could be seen coming out of Rima’s body. The evil spirit had been expelled and now weakened, is being affected by Claire’s holy attack.

The demon glowed a bright yellow, and in a flash the spirit’s soul separated into many small streaks of light and was no longer in the universe.

Rima lay on the ground, soon to take her last breath as her body slowly shut down.

She opened her mouth as if to say something, but it was too quiet to hear since she was weak.

Claire putting her head nearer to Rima heard her last words.

“Thank you.”

Finished story for you. - LoliLicker

3 Likes

o_o … appluades i will admit this was fun to read xD Here, this is for you.

1 Like

@Curika if that’s true please count me in.

I’m out of town until Tues, and have work and school. So I’d love to contribute but have limited/weird time :3

gotta tag someone~

hey @elleserion check this out!! :blush::blue_heart:

1 Like

@MagicTart i will add you in :smiley: feel free to contribute whenever you are able.

@Therra thank you for sharing the thread :smiley: