Tree of Savior Forum

Client Crash When Bossing Nov 17 2015 5:38 EST

DoT skill will cause the game to crash whenever there’s the arcade shooting bullet animation. Every Pyromancer’s skills are DoT lol

IMO the “Arcade Bullet” attack that some bosses do should be removed from the game not only because it’s a completely unappealing boss attack visually and mechanically (it does virtually no damage to you) but because it slows most of the testers clients to a grinding hault FPS wise and crashes the game. It’s great that the game developers tried to put something in the game that feels old school, but it’s causing too many problems. #projectremovestupidbossbullets

Actually, before the last maintenance it didn’t lower any FPS or caused any problems.
Something happened during the last maintenance which caused it to bug out badly now.

HOWEVER, I believe the Rage Mode Bullets were actually removed in kCBT3.
(from what I’ve read before.)
The information could be false, but yeah they should be removed.
I feel like it’s a lazy design for an attack that multiple different bosses have.

Kinda frustrating when this happens right when there are only a few days left of the beta.

If this is how international community will be treated in the open beta then i’ll sadly pass the game (and i loved the game).

Full of the most urgent fixing bugs and no words about it.

No words about it huh?
Let me correct you sir.

and also this;

It’s an unexpected crash that they’re trying to figure out
the reason the bullets would be causing the crash
all of a sudden, They’ll have a fix by this weekend.

1 Like

I’ve seen those words. Yet, i need to correct myself: No words on how they are dealing with it. For such a HUGE bug, only saying “Oh, there’s a bug that makes you really mad and someday we’ll fix it. But don’t worry, someday it will be fixed, even if it’s urgent.”

Yes, that is a closed beta test, yet, they need to deal fast with this type of bug. I imagine their efforts on live.

Using a i5-3570k, 8G, GeForce GTX670, disabled all graphics enhancements and the client still crashes.
But it obviously has something to do with the bullets, cause just like you said it crashes when they appear and I’m near the boss. Just tried your advice and works just fine, I kept my distance and nailed to kill it.
Thanks.

1 Like

Honestly, it probably wouldn’t matter anyways since there’s only 5 days left
until CBT2 ends.

And it’s only a CBT.
I’m pretty sure there has been enough testing and bugs found so far that it
won’t even matter now.

Also, another reason it could be taking so long to fix is because
they’re most likely preparing for KR’s OBT and getting stuff over there ready
for December which is more important right now than a CBT that’s ending soon.

Please fix this, crashing when boss summons mobs and shots bullets…

Idd it happens when bosses shot’s their bullets.
Also the solo bosses, not just the instanced ones.

My Specs:
Intel Core i7-4770K CPU 3.50Ghz
8GB RAM GeForce GTX 770
64 bit Windows 7
1920 x 1080

This crash is making the game pretty much unplayable for me right now. Even avoiding the balls doesn’t stop the crashing so I can’t progress on the character I’m currently playing. This is super disappointing with only a few days of this CBT left. I’d have liked to test out some more stuff, especially on my main character who is almost rank 6. :frowning:

1 Like

Hello again, here is how I managed to get around the bug:

1. Put the game in window mode before the fight.
  2. When the boss goes dark blue means he is going to use the stupid Atari Skill, press X to close the game(window) but don’t confirm.
  3. After 6~10 seconds cancel the Quit option.
  4. Do step 2 and 3 again when he repeats the attack.

Enjoy and pass it on to your friends.

i turened everything off and put it on windowed mode. ran away just a lil bit when he did the skill havent had any crashes since.

This is getting annoying, I’ve been stuck on the same boss quest for 2 days now.

Have you tried suggestions laid out in here?

1 Like

Yes I did, i even tried the window mode thing someone suggested. Still no good result

As I stated in my thread.
There seems to be a few bosses that will crash us no matter what
solution you use.
It’s completely unavoidable far as I know at the moment.
Other than that, most of these solutions work on some bosses but not all.

====
EDIT

If that Boss happens to be an important boss for a quest.
Then you’re kind of screwed. :l

It’s a main quest boss, but whatever.

With the EXP event, i guess i’ll just grind.

B = boss
Thats the only boss attack that will make you crash …the other bullet attack wont

if you can …kill it before it make that attack
or when it make that attack, don’t move …and make skills one by one not all at once

1 Like