Tree of Savior Forum

Cleric-> Priest 3-> Monk2 -> PD Stats/ skills Edited~

You’re better off doing dropping the Priest and adding a Cleric rank, but you’ll lose the resurrection unfortunately.
I’m wondering about PD too - people don’t appreciate Monk3 that much over Monk2 but there doesn’t seem to be many better alternatives.

you either go all in with priest 2 or diev 2 imo
cleric 2 is very very good, 10 heal tiles and 40 blocks from safety zone, people will want to party you all day.

yes you will lose a puny amount of damage.
320 per cast of double punch vs status immunity and a soft from of god mode from PD

if ya really like monk then go ahead.

@yodish92 Sorry that was a bit hard to decipher - so you’re saying PD is a perfectly well alternative?

its the best R7 class for monks imo, kabbalist will give you tons of HP but nothing else

PD also somewhat synergies with monk if you get incinerate, since monks can put on lots of debuffs

atm there is no other str class that can compliment or supplement the phys based damage of monks, paladins are out of the question since they are more support/tanks rather than damage dealers.

this might be a noob question but why does diev synergize well with monks?

Well I really like the Pd option, plus the suit is just marvelous xD

I just stick with the str2 :1 dex some con build right?

they dont really synergize,

diev just has lots of utility, and you get carve attack, one of the few phys scaling skills in the clerics tree, it hits 4 times and is on a 17 sec CD and carve owl which does magic damage, but it sticks around and can dish out huge damage if left near monsters untouched.

the CD reduction Sp cost reduction etc are rare buffs. taking it with cleric 2 will make you into a party animal

but priest 2 is better if you want to solo and it gives a bit more damage, and youll have an easier time leveling early

up to you though, if you go priest you will be better early, diev will make you better late game, since youll be in parties almost all the time and diev buffs are probably S tier in terms of what they give.

and yea 2:1 str dex with some con, try to be flexible though, if you feel you dont crit enough or are not tanky enough then you can always pump more dex or con

if you still kinda on the fence try reading up this thread, it has some other outside opinions besides mine

as a monk the only sklls I would from priest are ress, revive and MH since the others don’t really affect me right?

I’m tempted to go diev cuz the class really looks fun and usefull, but I’m aiming at dps and I don’t really know if it will give me that…

Even at pvp this would be a good build?

blessing with max atribute gives 150 damage and sacrament will double it to 300 damage since it adds 1 extra line to your auto attacks, if you wear a cafrisun set that damage gets tripled into 450
after you transition to monk it will only add 300 damage since double punch only hits twice, and that will basically replace your auto attacks.

monstrance and aspersion can be somewhat usefull and mass heal and revive are too good to pass up.

as of now i wouldnt even try to 1v1 pvp with a monk, too little in the cleric tree to support the way it does damage, you will be tanky though and hard to kill but you can get kited pretty easily as a monk. if you take diev youll be more annoying since your carve owl can create a zone and deny people from going there, but dont trust it to do too much damage, in team arena you can be usefull as a buffer / healer / offensive tank

All of the priest buffs that apply to attacking skills also apply to the monk attacking skills. They also apply to the monk palm strike bleed.

That is why many monks go priest 3 and max bless+sacrament.

On sacrament:

It applies to skills but to a lesser extent. Not simply a ‘don’t apply’ vs ‘apply’ (Yes I just learned this today lol)

So priest 3 is the best option after all?

The most reliable we should say, after all the best is the one most suitable to your playstyle :smiley:

well said :wink:

/20char

Blessing definitely does, but the second damage line of sacrament definitely does not. Blessing will fall off later, but definitely great getting to Monk and perhaps the first circle of it. I.e. Double Punch will not hit 4 times with sacrament up, but twice with blessing and sacrament’s holy damage added on.

Regardless, I wasn’t trying to imply Priest 3 is bad, in fact i always reccomend it, but the bulk of the post was explaining why chaplain does not synergize well with Monk, because ultimately chap is an auto attacker vs monk who is a skill caster.

1 Like

I played Monk in CBT2 with Priest 3 and i gotta say if i would go for monk now I would go priest 2 paladin 2 monk 2.

Monk 2 as said before because Monk 3 doesnt offer very much.
Priest 2 to help you get through the early game and paladin which surprisingly hasnt been mentioned by anyone here.

Smite despite the small AoE does pretty crazy dmg, just look at the base dmg of smite 10 and tell me that is bad, not to mention its overheat on a 9 sec cd. Monk being a skill based class id say grab paladin with smite for some more offensive power. I know the rest of paladin isnt that great but i feel smite is worth it over priest 3 and monk 3.

But this is just my personal preference as for the topic like most people said, Chaplain is all about AA while Monk is skillbased so the 2 dont mesh well together and i would advice anyone not to go that road.

Right. The first line of sacrament definitely does.

Like I said, both skills improve all monk skills.

this skills are okay guys? goins 2:1 str dex and some con when needed on stats

Definitely Bokor 2 is the best option if you want to PVP.

But not by a huge margin. Blessing kinda, but 40 holy damage on sacrament isn’t gonna be much. It’s the skill levels that will be making the monk skills hurt.

But in the end you’re not wrong, they do improve, just not by a big margin by endgame.

That shouldn’t matter for someone who is trying to min-max. Unless there are other skills in the priest tree they can invest in for better damage(there isn’t), you max the skills that give you the most damage, even if it is only 40.

Same with blessing. It will never ‘fall off’ because a smart party will never shy away from more damage, especially more damage on every hit of their multi-hit skills.

The mentality that blessing will not be useful in late-game needs to die.