Tree of Savior Forum

Cleric c2 - diev c2 - monk c 3

Yeah, keep saving all your cards, while I play with my monk doing all quests I can. Good luck!

Just put the owls near to the wall

yep, I try that, but sometimes dont work. but thanks for the advise.

@BlueByu thanks for the advise too!

@BlueByu

I need to say, before Monk it was annoying, but with monk double punch while the cadence, its super effective, you won that (but before I personally had trouble with this).

About diev-monk vs priest-monk I dont know, I was using buffs of priest and helps a lot! The damage with any attack become bigger, but I still like more diev because the teleport and own carve, that make I kill numerous monster to a quest, without hunt then (using laima+fade as trap of course)

that is it. good luck everybody

Then I suggest you work on your english in this case.

What else do you think anyone would perceive the message you made above as? You are telling people DievMonk is some sort of fantasy.

Okay, even more english lessons. Cadence is the wrong word. You’re supposed to say cooldown. You should look up a dictionary before you use words you’re unfamiliar with, else you’re bound to be miscommunication.

Second, there are multiple ways on keeping Carve Owl deal damage against bosses. Against a wall, created inside/on top of the boss, etc. If it’s on CD, that’s where your MONK skills get to work. Carve Owl will not be your main skill as a Monk, as I’ve said in the previous post.

Third, Carve Owl is NOT Int based. It is MATK based. There’s a key difference between the two. If you want examples of INT based abilities, here’s something to look at:

Now compare these with Carve Owl:

See the difference? There is no INT anywhere on Carve owl on scaling. So no, Carve Owl is NOT int based.

Also you just admitted you know nothing about the synergy of Diev class on Monk because you aren’t a Monk yet. Get C2/C3 Monk first as a Diev Monk THEN start sharing your input about it.

All the problems you’ve stated above are solved by the Monk class itself, and the Monk class’ problems are also solved by the Diev skills. Both classes cover each other’s weaknesses.

give me a break, I dont have time for you right now, keep saving cards there, I have quests to do.

specially if you cant read what you posted. The word magic attack is pretty big there.

who the hell are you to tell me what to say. I post even more because people like you who dont give a s### to tell the truth about the classes and show the both sides of the coin. I told the bad sides of the coin, but if you want to continue on your dream of perfect class, write some history of love too, will make the class even more perfect, without failures.
Dont even lose time, or lose, go on, writte something, be happy, I’m done, dont expect responses, do whatever you want.

1 Like

Magic attack scaling is very different with INT scaling. In any case, MATK alone will serve the purpose of increasing damage of Carve Owl. Hence why if you just use a blunt weapon, it’ll do decent damage regardless.

Remember that Carve Owl ticks 3 times multiple times for 45 seconds (50 second with Divine Might) so the damage will begin piling up over time. As a Monk you’ll be spamming Double Punch in the meantime, so you have the combined damage of Carve Owl and Double Punch allowing you to melt bosses with ease.

If you want the really horrible truth, you shouldn’t have picked Monk class in the first place. I have been very adamant about how the Monk is a really bad class for a long time.

I always make stuff like that very clear when I discuss with a person who wants to try out a Monk. But I also welcome them with open arms if they persist to play it, despite the many flaws.

Learn not to spread misinformation next time so people would stop bashing you like in the earlier posts.

Lol @ bashing. The only person who’s been harsh with their words toward him is you. Just looking through your post history is proof of you instigating arguments with condescending language and other confrontational statements. Don’t even get me started with how often you contradict yourself. Douche.

You must be blind, you can see in the initial posts people are saying he’s providing misinformation. Telling the OP that the person is sabotaging builds is already a form of bashing but with good reason.

And is there much of a problem to instigate arguments? It’s great for the discussion to get going and lets all the points reveal itself from each side.

If nobody argued about things, you’re left with a boring and stale echo chamber. For example, do you really want people to just be left worshiping IMC like they’re gods, or people just bashing IMC left and right for whatever they do? When people argue you get a more collective viewpoint as to which side has to say on the matter.

It’s quite ironic that you described yourself exactly as how you described me, even worse is that you’re trying to instigate an argument that is completely unrelated to the topic at hand. If you have some beef with me then you can just send a private message. You’re just derailing the topic.

So, after the recent kToS PvP changes, Diev-Monk seems like best way to go for GvG.

Are there any 250+ Diev/Monks here? How’s finding party for Storage and Abby with that build?

from what I heard Monks whatever build finds it difficult to find parties past lv 250 as most prefer Chrono and wizard-archer DPS builds for parties at that Lv, even Chaplains find it hard sometimes

another reason support/dps > full supports

:wink:

My Opinion Based:

About Grind or use exp cards, I have 2 points to add, specially for cleric classes for everybody think about.
Grind can be good for 2 things in special that are not based on level:

1 - To earn Silver, in case you want to upgrade your character and your skill atributes while you be leveling. Of course for some classes grind is much easier, kill numerous enemys in 2 seconds, while other classes need maybe more than 10 seconds to kill the same amount of mobs. But by killing more mobs than needed to complete the quests you will earn silver, itens to use or to sell.

(I had to say I have doubt about that too, because more level the monster are, more silver he gives you, so more fast you leveling, more silver you can earn if you decide suddenly to farm. Also, you can keep the Level of Skill atributes to the end game, but again, here is your choice.
ALSO, there are classes that can give you money being AFK, as Elementalist, Squire and Pardoner, I have a rich friend on the game that is Elementalist, he says that he never need to farm silver).

2 - The second point and maybe more usefull is that the adventure jornal gives you exp cards for each number of monster killed that are needed. By pressing F4 and entering on the “Monster” menu, you can see the quantity needed to earn a Exp Card from Lena (Adventure Jornal NPC).
(Again I had doubt about if it worth too, because the time you lose killing this monsters can be much high than if you use the cards, and back again with more level, killing easily the monster with more skills and more powerfull attacks, specially as a cleric, I know there is a extra exp for kill mobs with same level, but if we think about time vs exp earned, the time to kill this mobs later and complete this quests in a highter level instead lose lots of time killing each mob, again is your choice).

NOTE: Dont never do what I tell you without see for yourself, but I recomend you at least reach a class that gives you good skills of attack before start save cards if is that what you want, that is my sugestion.

About the routes I told:

This same reach friend that are rank 7 told me to save the cards, I think I will had to pay the price to see, but my sugestion for you cleric types without much power of attack is: reach a class that gives you a minimum power of attack before start to save cards, because the time you will lose griding monster by monster instead use the cards will be bigger than save 200 cards that will be just some porcentages on highter levels.

@sttr413

I dont know how much, but appear that everybody want a Monk now, even if is a Krivis-monk, Priest-Monk or a Diev-monk. I think after Cryo be “nerfed” (for now is one the most powerfull on PVP), so monk will be one of the tops and more wanted [until it be nerfed too]). Every map I go, there is a monk, and I always play in the more empty channels. On the missions I caught partys with more monks beyond me. I’m thinking change the class because of that, and make a doppelsöldner, but I still think the monk has the best cloths/style of the game, even better than the premmium cloths.

I was fighting against Elementalist rank 7, I dont make much damage on him, while his damage was high, and he is not a ofensive wisard, is just to make silver, but he cant kill me because I changing between Shield/Fade/Heal one covering the cadence of the other.
In the future the game will be army of monks vs army of monks by the way.

wizards are SUPER op in this game lol, they can go any stat build and still be viable (as logn as they have some con) bcuz their skills hve such high base damage, and the fact that int scales so badly with the exception of a few cleric skills, means that wizards have no choice to go con, so they end up with 100k hp and 2000million base damage, and on top of that freezes everywhere.

1 Like

In my experience, Priest-Monks are fav supports in Abby/Storage cuz DPS + essential Priest kit (Stone Skin / Aspersion / Revive, Res).

Diev-Monk is another story tho =\

Why is INT monk so bad? I’m actually thinking about that, so please, illuminate my way, because if the focus is PVP(GvG), I dont see a problem on doing a hybrid build (for real, I’m thinking on doing that).

But if I put more INT the MAG ATK scale too. Following MY FIRST POST, since I told that:

So of course I was talking about the Carve Owl and Cleric Heal/Cure skills.

How STR/INT hybrid build so bad?

Because on Wisards/Clerics since the area is very small they can easily run from it on PVP, has the maximum duration of 30 seconds (if full leveled) and dont work on most part of bosses, so is just a little help on GvsG.
When I mean useless, I was refering to: PVP/BOSS.
To kill mobs carve owl is already the killinmachine for mobs, when right placed.
If I’m wrong tell me.

for the int monk: monk kills dont scale with int, only skills that will benifit will be be heal, cure and owl. you have more than double str skills than int sklls. and no dex = missing 90% of the time.

and silence tree is useless against raged people on pvp. but its good in pve and againsts melees.

1 Like

I know.
So what you trying to say is that is bad ideia, because you lose too much points that can be put on DEX instead INT, is that it?

you can do it if u go a build like

Cleric2>Bokor2>Monk3

and putting 100 points into int
50-100 points into con
and atleast 100 in dex
rest into str

and you will be good, but cleric2>diev2>monk3 relies too much on str and dex than int

And if I go to druid or plague doctor on rank 7, you personally think that M2 is too weak??

idk im only monk c1, but everyone says monk is bad late game even with monk c3. so i dont think going druid or pd will change anything or drop ur dps oo much, but lama might require c3 monk (i hope not)