Tree of Savior Forum

[Class Thread] Monk class thread. CONSOLIDATED MONK INFORMATION

Remember when monks of old used big unwieldy hammers?

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/items/210400

Yeah on a 330 level enemy with 165 crit resist.

U also has 165 crate at 330, so 600+165-165=600.

Here are the 2hBlunts! Orange 330 is the best one.

A Bong video showing the 2h Blunts.

Gonna punch them even harder with a bigger mace on your back, feels good man

1 Like

We wanted fist weapons and they gave use 2hd maces. way to ■■■■ the bed IMC

1 Like

Any thoughts on the 2h-maces? Seems like in-built crit rate only exists for the 2h-maces until the orange 2h-mace, Skull Breaker.

Skull Breaker has really good stats. Too bad a lot of us already have our orange maces trans.

315/270 Purple dagger w 2 slots+Skull 1hand offer 2xGreenGemLv8+dagger’s crate, something like 120 crate more than 2hSkull, but tgiveshebsecond one gives 250 block pen n 2k+ dmg than 1hSkull, when both are +16 trans10.
So, my exp in tbl says that block pen worth more, because my monk has full dex+gear dex+monstrance n still constantly being blocked yet! N this is frustrating, bro. Block needs be nerf.

Cleric2 Diev2 Monk3 Inquisitor

Monk’s Double Punch now changed to SP consumption instead of Stamina.

WHYYY. I don’t get its rationale.

2 Likes

All those STA crystal on maps are useless now. What a waste. :frowning:

Anyone can share some ET experience with monk builds? (Currently building c2>p2>monk3>inq)

It sounds like a buff for new monks who can’t manage Stamina and a nerf for veteran monks with arcane energy scroll or some ways to manage, this stamina to SP thing.

R.I.P Oracle Monk, you will not be missed.

It’s never viable anyways.

hey, while everyone agrees that for veteran monks this is a nerf but is not even the end of the world or a huge downplay like many of you guys are arguing like is the “nerf” or you won’t be able to be as good as before since now you all should just adapt as veteran monk , for example of what you can try now: take a squire basecamp foodtable for example with sp food, it gives 33% extra SP that together with cleric already higher sp pool plus the decrease of SP tick speed food would allow to have a 5k+ sp plus more than half of sp tick speed for 90min each time as well that is more than enough for a monk to manage his double punch needs with minor use of sp potions outside of longer fights like against superior world bosses for example.
Before it was arcane scroll + alche stamina pill, that both of them are very expensive plus camp for extra duration.
now is the time for squire foods+base camp, that is fair cheaper as well and the only downside is the need of a squire that most of people already had to extend arcane scroll time for example,but if you do not have squire for basecamp in this day and age, is past the time to make one, even more with all IMC tomes/multiply from events with 14 days duration.

1 Like

In a group setting i will most likely have either Zemyna statue which will make my double punch basically free or lifeline from my thaumaturge friend which gives me like 18k sp, so for world bosses or earth tower this isn’t a big change. Solo play however has taken a big hit. I attack about twice a second with my attack speed so that’s 100 sp a second. My meager sp bar will evaporate and I will have to be constantly chugging potions to keep up. Some of this can be mitigated through food buffs but i just don’t see the point of this change. I enjoyed that we were basically the only class who actually used stamina. It felt good being able refill via crystal roots. It brought about gameplay unique to our class, which was really nice considering monks only have 3 moves. Now i could rank reset and pickup dievdirby so i could provide my own statues but that would add even more prep time to our already bloated setup. It would also force monks to fight around their statue. I’m pretty sure one of the hallmarks of the monk is mobility and speed. I’m fairly confident that they have no idea what monks are.

One might consider taking Double Punch at level 1-5 max as a filler like Fencers take Attaque ComposĂ©e. They don’t spend more points in ComposĂ©e because it drains their SP too fast.

Double punch isn’t filler, its our primary source of damage. Also, what would you be saving those points for?

4 Likes

I know it’s not like it’s the end of the world for monks but, it IS something that will change monk gameplay and builds (kabba monk, diev monk being more viable or something). Besides, no one asked for this change, like what was the point if this nerf when monks need buffs instead.

Maybe they finally decided to listen to players from the long gone past who once suggested such a thing before double punch stamina attribute was implemented and implemented the SP idea badly when no one needed it (stamina attribute made it easy to manage). At least decrease the SP usage, IMC.

2 Likes