Tree of Savior Forum

[Class Thread] Monk class thread. CONSOLIDATED MONK INFORMATION

monk low damage
/20doublepunches

Monk Energy blast looks cool and strong and desciption makes it godlike. But in reality - 2k dmg per hit <— wtf?

How many skill points did you put in Energy Blast?

Your gear sucks.
/20needsmorepatk

2 Likes

I have 6. N 0 attribute, it still does 12k damage per hit

I am still waiting for a monk build for pvp that surpass Cleric 2 > Diev 3 > Oracle > Kabbalist > Inquisitor.

I really am, my love for monks would be so pleased

I am surprised no one has mentioned Cleric2>Priest2>Monk2>Plague Doctor1>Inquisitor (It is what I run)

I know some people might not consider Monk2 a monk build, but the survivability of having Healing Factor with everything else in this kit makes PvE amazingly easy if not overkill, and while the Monk skills are amazing and only get better in Monk3, my own personal opinion is that making your weapon better+some attributes can make up for it (except Golden Bell Shield of course)and in PvP it gives you an extra edge to lean on since there really isn’t any gap closers for us clerics besides possibly Out of Body out of Sadhu, all the Status Effect Immunity/Resistance helps in that department, only foreseeable downside is if Lama is monk 3 req and amazing, RIP this build, only seen a few others besides myself running this build, I believe it is more PvP oriented, lemme know your thoughts

this build is good. and is considered a monk build, however anything not monk3 is not meta anymore. But I did test most builds with monk2s when reset was in, and i must say this is a good build.

You are right, it is mostly for PvP. I do has a cleric2-bokor2-monk3-pd1 that I am leveling still. PD is a nice addition

1 Like

monk2 for signature skill, energy blast <3

~wigglewiggle2017

1 Like

I just love the Healing factor, couldn’t bring myself to go monk 3 and sacrifice basically never dying for more damage as far as PvE goes, basically turns the game into ez mode and taking inquisitor helps in that it makesup the dmg loss from not having monk 3 somewhat

Ya energy blast is junk pre 315 weapons, but with a 315 weapon and some attributes it does good damage even at monk 2 rank 5, any skill that doesn’t have an aoe attack ratio is amazing, breaking wheel is another one, weapons are a huge deal now since the big patch

With priest 2 you got revive. Cleric 2 gives safety zone with 40 hit counts. Not sure healing factor is that needed but it is not the less nice.

You are missing monk3 costume by not going monk 3. There is that

Ok, guys, i just wanted to say this here, i will no longer be updating this thread. I decided to stop playing this game for now. I will keep checking forums, but as far as my own input goes, i am done. Ease feel free to repost this, if someone else is feeling like this is useful.

Thanks

5 Likes

I see many people quitting ToS and i will stop playing also because of reasons for now … I Hope ToS will not die because of that many quitters (included me) :thinking:

Gotta play what is fun man, I’ll be here trying to build a bankroll/gearing/alts

Too many games to play out there these days

See you at Rank 9 / Next big patch brothers :wink:

yeah look at these monks in rank9

Hello guys, i follow this thread from quite a while and decided to make my monk, 15 days ago, as my first character, given my passion for monks in RO.
I went for C2-Diev2-Monk3-Inq, which i tought it was a pretty well balanced build, but now at 330 i find myself lacking everything.
I lack the AOE of Elememes, the farm capacity of Featherfoots and Schwarz, the DPS of Doppel and the huge balanced power of Plague doctors.
What i am unsure about is, is it Monk worth investing much in? I feel like it is sub-optimal under every aspect, mostly with my build, and mostly as a startin character.
I’m not much of an “alt characters” guy, i most likely will make 2 characters at the most and invest fully on them, but i don’t understand if the investment on Monk will pay off, or will be just an investment to get back half the results i would get with other classes.
This is just an “out of curiosity” question, since probably rank 9 will change a few things anyway.

i heard you need monk 3 for rank 9 Lama class. it still a rumor

My main is c2/p2/monk3/inq and I have around 45 million invested into attributes and my weapon is a stage 4 +11 vienarazis mace. Personally, I feel that it is very worth it to invest in the character.

You aren’t wrong in your statements technically, but you are overlooking something. You don’t have the aoe damage of an elememe, but an elememe can’t match your single target damage easily either. Its true that a well geared doppel will beat you on dps normally, but that doppel requires a cleric to provide him with heals in order to keep doing that dps. On top of that, doppels and elememes offer nothing to a party aside from their damage. As a c2/diev2/monk3/inq you have a tremendous amount of utility. I am unsure why you seem to think that a class with healing capabilities should also be able to outdamage builds that offer nothing aside from damage.

1 Like

You have the strongest aoe burst as a monkuisitor.

Wheel - god finger - sp pot for glas mole cards - gpd smash x3 - one inch - double punch till the end of wheel.

You can do a -20% cooldown statue.

You need a strong weapon and well invested char, but it is worth it.

As said above, yes doppel will out dps you if they got a support, you dont need one. At all.