Tree of Savior Forum

[Class Thread] Monk class thread. CONSOLIDATED MONK INFORMATION

biggest salt for me is that hidden class in the swordie tree… might make me switch… poor attribute money i have spent

with regular gear you would do from 70k to 120k damage. mechanic is still the same…

I really was surprised Nak Muay did not belong to the Clerics, but he would not have space in a Monk build, the most that would happen is people (surprisingly) prefer Nak Muay instead of Monk. But it’s still early for comparisons.
I think people are caring too much about Nak Muay. Relax, it will not take long before we have Lama in the Clerics tree!

Hey, i was thinking, is Krivis 3 really the best way to go? I didn’t like it at all :frowning: I was using Cleric 2>Priest1>Diev1>monk>zealot
Is it that bad? It’s kinda a way to not lose safety/fade/good heal, still have less CD and with monstrance.

PS: don’t want to go monk c2 because of costume xD

The biggest problem so far with the Monk is that in whatver build i see it in, people usually deal damage using other skills (as a krivis, as a zealot or as a inquisitor) but monk skills don’t seem to deal anything really

So really whats the poing in putting Monk into a build? Is it really worth it?
I think the class is in a very strange place right now and it doesnt really do anything unique like other classes, its just a bunch of damage punching skills with no synergy or mechanic whatsoever

Seeing the new Hidden Sword class made me think “THAT was what monks where supposed to be, but with punches instead of kicks”

Please shed some light on this, i really wanna play a monk but right now i can’t seem to find a reason to go monk instead of something else

I really understand you man, but this is not all true. DP is actully a good dmg skill. A almost 700% atq spammable skill isn’t bad at all. One-inch is ridiculous if you hit it on pvp, Palm and Hand are some CC.
Anyway, it DOES NEED some adjustments, but it is not that terrible.

Monk is in a weird spot, yeah. Even going C2 K3 Monk2 Zealot would arguably make sense compared to C1 K3 Monk3 Zealot.

Then again, Monk C3 costume …

is it K3 REALLY the best way to go?

Only reason to take Krivis 3 is because Melstis fits so well with Zealot 2. If another R8 class that fits better for monks exist in future, I bet players will shift towards it. Right now the more balanced build would be something like C2 P2 M3 Inq1 Zealot1, but Zealot 2 skills are too tempting to ignore.

Still triggered that IMC made what monks have wanted for a very long time, on a different class, on a different tree, and in only 1 rank.

And what about Carve Statue of Goddess Laima, does not fit zealot as well?
This, with Statue of Goddess Zemyna to reduce sp cost overall. I foud it quite good too.

Diev works well with other classes too. Not a monk build, but I run C2 Diev3 Miko1 Kabbalist1 Zealot2 with full SPR and I’m loving it. Owls don’t take Blind Faith hit count and is now considered a summon that’s based off SPR. With a proper weapon it does very well.

Contrary to what IMC said in their QnA about zealots being made to fit physical classes, ironically it actually fits SPR classes more. I’m extremely hesitant to go Zealot 2 on my monk.

I personally didn’t play Diev monk because I hate all the setup needed before punching (same reason why I don’t like zealot with monk), but if its great for you then go for it. Nothing goes wrong if you spend a decent amount on weapon and armor to some extent

I do miss the statues a lot as I played diev monk since day 1 of this game.
However, Melstis is too nice to skip it on Zealot.

Right now Monk3 for me is pure costume thing. C2-k3-m2-zealot2 is overall stronger build.
However, on monk3… I do enjoy the new Golden Bell Sheild a lot with the way zealot works, it is rather useful skill.

I might do something crazy actually, that has never been done before… on one of my chars I am going to take c3-pala3-monk3 and be a useless role player.

at least shouldn’t take Cleric3 on rank 9.

can u post some gameplay vid of ur char ? wanna see some monk play . its hard to find in youtube now

For PVP (GVG or in general) I prefer

Cleric C2 / Priest C2 / Monk C2 / Plague Doctor C1 / Inquisitor C1 / Zealot C1

For PVP (Duels and TBL 3v3)

Cleric C2 / Priest C2 / Monk C2 / Plague Doctor C1 / Inquisitor C2

I’ve made some extra calculations regarding Masinios Two-Handed x Primus Raffye One-Handed + Dagger.

If you go for Masinios Two-Handed or a Two-Handed Primus Raffye with 80 STR + 100 PATK (easily achievable by rerolling a double green double red a couple times) you are losing about 700 PAtk from secondary status compared to Primus Raffye One-Handed and Dagger both with 80 STR and 100PATK, considering full lvl 7 gems on weapons and lvl 8 red gems on the Dagger.

This means that only on transcendence 10 the Two-Handed Mace surpasses the One-Handed + Dagger combo, and it is by only ~20 PATK.

Both end up costing about the same, as the 3 Level 8 Red Gems for the Dagger cost about the same as the extra 69 Blessed Gems required to transcend the Two-Handed, and the cost of making a Masinios Two-Handed is about the same as buying a double green double red One-Handed mace and dagger and then rerolling them for STR and PATK.

The main argument towards going Masinios Two-Handed is the extra 2 AoE Attack Ratio, while the main argument towards going One-Handed + Dagger is the extra stats from the second green/red lines and the benefit of getting more PATK when buffed by a Thaumaturge.

Man, maybe i’m wrong, but i don’t think daggeris good at all on monks… I use to go with Karachas when the item was good and i remember i saw someone somewhere saying that the dmg on the dagger does not count into DoublePunch. I don’t know how exactly dagger works, maybe someone can explain better, but i really don’t think you should even be considering to use it.

Dagger damage doesn’t count. Daggers are used on monk for the extra statuses (possibility of 80STR and 100PATK considering Primus Raffye) and 3 slots for red gems, wich on daggers give flat physical damage and not only maximum phys damage.

It is good.

That’s the thing man, for me is pure costume thing as well, that’s why i think going Diev with Cleric 2 you can get the best of both worlds.
It is meaningless to go Krivis and not get Melstis, and it is REALLY hard to have only cleric 1, since you won’t have any good survivability.
Going C2>P1>Diev1>monk>zealot You can go monk C3, have less CD on zealot skills (instead of more duration), have good healing/safety/divine might/fade and monstrace
The only thing that you won’t cover is the 85+ STR from Stigma, but you will have A LOT more of survivability, as i said.

It is not BAD, but i don’t know if it is worth… Only if you can get perfect random statuses, which is some next level hard thing.