Tree of Savior Forum

[Class Thread] Monk class thread. CONSOLIDATED MONK INFORMATION

ah thanks it change action in monk skill and motion right?

and synergy of kri3monk3zea2 is meltis to increase duration of zealot skill except blind fate that only 40 hit count ? main dmg still come from double punch and zealot skill for aoe mobbing ?

am i wrong ?

you are right.
In monk build, main damage comes from fanaticism -> Fanatic Illusion -> melstis
this gives you a whooping 45 seconds uptime on Fanatic Illusion and 15 seconds of wait afterwards, which is in itself incredible.
Monk double punch is more of a filler for that 15 seconds of downtime. and I now generally do blind faith -> energy blast -> zaibas in that time. Sp does run out fast, so you have to use SP pots, and arcane energy scrolls but it is worth it, as far as damage output.

what equipment gear recomend before solmiki (mid game gear) 315 practo1 weapon and max peta + 2 sissel right? what about armor ? and card on red ; green , purple ?

and stat reccomend is some str high dex ?

thanks for advice

Gear wise we have a lot of options, and I would even say, Solmiki is not the best option either (it is a good option) but there are better things you can do.

I, myself, run with a two-handed mace and leather set, I know few guys who play same build as me that do One Handed Mace + shield for survivability,.

It all depends on what you want to do. there is not a single good answer to that.

Here is my set up:
+14 Vienazaris Two-Handed Mace Trans 3 (saving my gems for the new 350 weapon when I get it)
350 HG Leather Items, with Con, Spr and Str
2xSissels (sometimes i wear phadaā€™s instead, but sissels give crit rate)
Max Petamion

for costumes i have this
top: 1 aoe attack 120 patk 60 dark resist
mid: 100 patk 11 crit rate
low: 120 patk 55 poison resist 4 aoe defence ratio

those are not the best, and also not the worst gears out there, but it works for me and my ping/game play style.

You want to find what works for you, you canā€™t just follow what other people are doing, since it is all in the way you do things.

Also, to point out, it seems like Plate is better nowadays for anyone, but i have not tried running that yet.

I would say solmiki is still the best. If your goal is to deal damage, then patk is king. Leather Solmiki set has almost 900. I dont know if even perfectly rolled random gear can get close.

the practonium leather set beats solmiki, i think.

The Fietas leather armor? It has 1 mspd which is nice. I dont know why solmiki doesnt for how long it takes to farm and how expensive it is. It has less stats tho. Probably a lot easier to make for the average monk.

How much additional damage do you guys get from blind faith?

First time i tested i was getting 8900 extra damage per hit
Considering that it applies on 40 hits
40x8900= 356k Extra Damage

Thats a lot

Iā€™ll reset to a 4:1 SPR:DEX build and see again

I dont think spr builds are that great. Just find a linker3 thaum3 friend who has full spr if you want to play around with blind faith. It only lasts 40 hits, so it will be gone in no time. Then you are stuck waiting around for its cd again. there are plenty of other ways to increase your sp pool. Squireā€™s refreshment table, enchanterā€™s empower, oracleā€™s arcane energy are the ones i can think of.

Since Iā€™m back Iā€™ll give my 2 cents on physical monks from now on.

I firmly believe the best strategy is to stick to Inquisitor-Zealot on the later ranks. Fanaticism gives us 35% (with divine might) extra damage on the whole combo, while going Inquisitor 2 increases God Smash raw % damage from around 1500 to around 1800. You also get the 30% on Demons attribute, wich with the new Inquisitor skill means extra 30% damage on all bosses with God Smash. I believe Fanaticism outshadows that by a large margin because of itā€™s increase in Double Punch, One Inch Punch, God Flick and wheel damage on the combo.

Zealot 1 also gives us a guaranteed combo with itā€™s over 20 seconds immunity to knock-backs. Coupled with 3 Gazing Golems you are basically a swordsman in terms of not getting knocked back. The only problem in connecting the combo now is the boss jumping around, wich I believe will be a problem for as long as ToS is alive.

Masinios Two-Handed Mace is the way to go for the build. Compared to the Skull Smasher Iā€™m using, at +11 and trans 7 it gives about 1100 more average Atk (considering I drop my faded purine migantis dagger with double red gems, and all weapons with lvl 7 Red Gems). It also gives AoE attack and lots of Dex. I donā€™t think any randomly stated two-handed Mace could top Masinios, since it gives 122 STR and the unique AoE attack ratio. A two-handed mace with 80 STR and other good stats could be an alternative if you happen to drop it, but given the difficulty of identifying it and given the ease on making the Masinios mace, Iā€™d rather go with the guaranteed recipe weapon.

If you are willing to get a very good 350 dagger/shield and one-handed mace (almost max STR on both) you could get the same physical attack with 3 lvl 8 gems on the dagger/shield.

Hitting damage cap with God Smash is now much harder with white hits, since we lost 5 Glass Moles on the card system revamp. With lvl 6 Fanaticism up and all debuffs on bosses Iā€™m able to hit around 500k with the same gear I used to hit 555k with before the card system revamp. Iā€™ve done some 777k crits with thaumaturge buffs, wich mimick the ammount of raw Atk achieved with Masinios Two-Handed mace. Iā€™ll probably only be able to reliably hit 777k on white hits without external help only with a +16 trans 10 Masinios and very good STR gear.

As other gear goes, Iā€™m inclined to think that the new 350 gear is better than Solmiki. If you gear yourself with the practonium set, top and bottom leather and gloves and boots plate, you get an extra ~220 STR, wich translates to almost 600 ATK, wich is A LOT. On top of that you get a lot of crit ratio, AoE atk and very good raw defenses. Indentifiable gear isnā€™t far off if you get a lot of good stats. Getting ~50 STR and DEX in a piece could make it better than the practonium counterpart.

Iā€™m still keeping Cleric 2 Priest 1 Diev 1. The cooldown reduction is basically 20% more damage on high HP bosses and I donā€™t want to ditch good heals and Monstrance.

As far as accessories go I think going for the practonium set with raw attack status is very good. Solmiki accessories and the goold old Gladiators/Sissels/MaxPeta still works.

Overall I think the build is weaker because of the burst nerfs of Glass Mole and God Smash overcharges. We got some more scrap damage with Fanaticism and more raw ATK for Double Punch, and since Glass Moles matter less using two God Smashes without them in between wheel combos is fairly decent. The damage on end game gear might be even better than the pre-nerfs era, so Iā€™m still excited to build this.

5 Likes

yup, that is a first build I have tested after i came back. but I tried Zealot 2 and I think I am never going back. But i liked the zealot1-inquis1.

Fanatic Illusion is Over Powered, man!

Off-topic kinda but,

New Muay Thai hidden class (Nak Muay) just came out and being tested on kToS. Itā€™s basically the compilation of all the feedback that fellow monks have kinda talked or quipped about for improving monks since beta (kinda) until now like:

• Bare fists
  • More punch and kick skills
  • Unique fighting pose
  • Weapon stays BEHIND character
  • A proper skill rotation (new class skills have very low cd), not just Double Punch
  • A half naked costume that shows muscle and is not a swimsuit (jk these are my preferences at this point)
  • Auto attack is double punching
  • etc etc

ā€¦ but instead of giving it to monks, (my biased assumptions) they went and made a new class out of all that feedback and made a Muay Thai class ā€¦ for swordsmen.

I want to cry.

(EDIT: I forgot IMC likes to take inspiration from GE lels)

3 Likes

noooo

1 Like

can u guys give me some vid monk3zea2 montage dun300 hg340 C mode etc whatever thanks

This is closely the max damage youā€™ll do, you can get more, but no much more than that:

this is end game gear and too far for me any vid with common gear ?

Monk Zealot
(Proceeds to use only zealot skills, I want to cry)

2 Likes

Not exacly, the person in the video just donā€™t wanted to use Monk skill. Bosses or monsters with high HP is the moment to spam Double Punch, it is in those moments Double Punch will knock so hard that youā€™ll see that it is still needed.

Not saying itā€™s a bad thing. Itā€™s just kind of sad for me how monk builds are changing from the melee brawler I wanted it to be to this weird aura buff casting class.