Tree of Savior Forum

[Class Thread] Monk class thread. CONSOLIDATED MONK INFORMATION

I’m a little disappointed. Monk needs more physical attacks, not more buffs. I don’t want to spend the first 30 seconds of a fight fist pumping the sky getting ready. Are these classes cool? sure. Will they help us do more damage? probably. Do these new skills help us at being monks? not really.

I agree with you, I wonder if doing zealot1-inquisitor is the way to do it right now

Test with asura buff (blind faith)
Important notes:
-The influence of SP is a lot, try to use divine might before casting the buff
-The damage increase is based on your current SP, so be sure to recover SP after using the skill!!!
-Damage is added directly to all hits dealt with the next skill (the timeframe for extra hits after the first hit is ~1s)
-Damage added becomes the same property as the attack (magic, physical, …)

Tip: using heal + blessing with this buff will result in massive amounts of damage (heal delivers all hits within a sec and blessing doubles the amount of hits)

I got this from the KTEST R9 forum and i was curious about the interaction between blind faith and Monk Skills, namely Energy Blast, 1 Inch Punch, and Palm Strike. I was worried that the bonus damage would apply only to the first hit of a skill but clearly in this video and the bonus damage is seen throughout the entire Energy Blast. Now to see if Blind faith + 1 inch will produce a damage over time that gets bonus damage on every tick.

3 Likes

Pray that IMC would make it so charging Energy Blast won’t be such a pain and not lose charge from a single nudge.

1 Like

Actually if the damage is what was shown, that kind of draw back is ok

Now my doubt is about 1 inch punch dot dmg, beucase would be far better 1 inch’s dot affected by blind faith than energy blast.Something like 5 point palm exploding. =p

so, i was thinking something around this:
Cleric1>Krivis1>Bokor 2>monk3>Zealot2(clickable)

i see where you are going with magankal, but I’m not convinced it is worth 2 circles for one skill. Bokor doesn’t really have anything else that might help. I might just stay krivis 3. man i wish we had better options.

You do.

But neither of you care.

huh?

You know, when you say things like that without saying anything to back your words up, you neither helping anyone, nor proving anyone you have any idea what you are talking about.

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt, that you did not mean to come off offensive, since neither me or that guy said anything against you…

@Oreichalcos I am unsure if krivis is solid variant either.
I do like my current build with diev, but not sure how that fits with the Zealot. so we will see i guess

1 Like

Even though the krivis changes wont help me, i still retain a lot of good from it. With melstis, many of the zealot buffs become close to 100% uptime.

Invulnerability (buff)
Cd=50s
Become immune to knock effects.
Duration = 20s, +1s per skill level.

Normally i wouldnt consider this to be good enough uptime to consider not using gazing golems, but adding 20 secs and making it 40s out of 50s i think i can.

Hello I’m new to this Thread, as I read through this Thread I see there have been some big changes to monk. I came here to ask for some pointer as my build feels a bit weird as of today I did made a thread showing my overall character, and I would like to ask:

Since Leather is the armor I need now What armor should i get as of myself at 270+

They released a new type of weapon for cleric should I do for that

Monk changed from Stamina to Sp what should I suggestion besides pots maybe.

Still new and rusty since my few months of comeback

Thank you so much for reading this

for SP -> that is the best change that ever happened to Monks, get yourself arcane energy scrolls to buff SP (lvl 5 is +15% sp) and get sp pots, and you are good to go there.

Two handed weapon is a weird subject, I think that it is the best choice to go for, since it gives a lot more attack.

• with the new 350 weapons, two handed mace is 5 gem slots, which is kind of insane. (probably to compete with 1hand+shield/dagger being 5 slots total as well)

Leather armor depends on your budget, best in slot is solmiki, I dont bother with that (partially since i did not have time for the game when I could have still done it), otherwise leather pieces that give critical rate are good. the gears beside weapon do not impact your character as much, and getting whatever and then investing into attributes/weapon enhancement is probably a better bang for the buck anyway

what are the cards to equip for a monkquisitor?

it depends. 3x Glass Mole vs 3x Prison Cutter, however prison cutter is incosistent to bleeding being sometimes resisted…
Gazing golem x3 for pain barrier rest I am not sure.

Just get 1-2 Rajapearl and bleeding is no problem anymore,
also with the upcoming changes in goldenbell-shield+R9 you might not need gazing golems anymore, or at least you dint need 3 cards of them.

He was talking about inquisitor. If going zealot, perhaps you are right

That about gazing golem

i had the same idea of using rajapearl but was unsure of the uptime. Has anyone tested if double punch is enough to keep it on or how good the bleed is? Purple cards are prime real estate so choosing is tricky. will be nice to hopefully move away from gazing.

If you have high dex, you just need one card.

I use 3x prison cutter lv10, 3x Ellaganos lv10, 3x Nuaelle lv10, 1x rajapearl lv10 (testing the last one)