Tree of Savior Forum

[Class Thread] Monk class thread. CONSOLIDATED MONK INFORMATION

Let us know how good your bleed uptime is. 1 card at lvl 10 is only a 3.33% chance to bleed for 6 sec.

I was considering of getting a stat reset pot to fix a few things with my overall stats beside some str and dex to invest into, should I invest into the other stats cause i invest some points into con for hp and such so I was wondering if that needed to be changed

How does iron skin works ? Do we get damage or it is completly reflected ? Can the reflected damage miss or get blocked against high evasion or high block rate in tbl ?

Same question for Energy Blast, since it is physical it can miss or get blocked too ?

If they donā€™t nerf Zealot or at least let it be a less stronger than the current performance, Is it only me that is thinking is better get Zealot c2 instead Inquisitor? Fanathism and Blind Faith + Energy Blast/Heal is very strong. You guys already saw the new attributes Zealot got today in ktest? Is insane and perfect for Monks: https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/attributes?cls=Char4_19&f=1

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the new sacrament will affect monkā€™s dot dmg or zealot dot?

So there is no monk player in TOS ? :frowning:

it is a very small group of people, yes.

Energy Blast is wierd, it is Physical, but it is also Holy. Iron Skin just redirects physical damage back at the target, it can be blocked, it can be dodged. (Best way to test it, is to use iron skin against an inquisitor pears of anguish -> casting iron skin triggers the pears to fly at you, and you see who gets the damage and if it gets blocked)

So here I am again with more questions, and perhaps some more annoyance for you guys.

This applies to current iToS but Iā€™m actually really curious about how Zealot might change the build

C2 P2 M3 Inqui here, with a very heavy DEX allocation (some STR and CON mixed in)

First Question : Other than DP which skill in your opinions would be best to max (I have EB maxed for some waveclear, but still have enough points to max another skill, am considering one inch punch as it does a good amount of damage but unsure)

Second Question: As an inquisitor in this tree, does God Smash take priority over Breaking Wheel or the other way around?, I donā€™t really understand the description of breaking wheel but from what Iā€™ve read it spreads the damage you deal to it (with the attribute).

Last Question : In regards to cards Iā€™m assuming Ellaganos would be best right?. However reading about stats from everyone Iā€™m kinda curious if maybe stacking Netherbovine on a high DEX character may increase dps (cause of the multiplier limits and all)

PS : Youā€™re darn lovely for reading this, thanks for any advice! :grinning:

1. Double Punch (best spam) > Energy Blast (best aoe) > One Inch Punch (best between ps, hk and oip).
    I have no idea what the new golden bell shield even does with skill level, may be worth investing in after the changers. Or not. Hand Knife and Palm Strike donā€™t gain enough dmg tbh. God Finger Flick is nice for pvp but thatā€™s all. Iron Skin is junk because it gets interrupted by magic / ranged dmg.

2. In terms of skill point spending, put 1 in Wheel asap. It no longer scales well with skill level so thatā€™s all you need. Then try to max God Smash or Malleus Maleficarum. (while leveling MM adds more dmg, but post 315 with a good weapon itā€™ll be less important.)
    In terms of gameplay, put down the wheel first and then god smash it twice. Afterwards, follow it with MM and/or your dmg skills of choice if mobs remain.

3. Green cards donā€™t matter that much tbh, not in comparison to the red/purple/blue cards at least so focus on those first.
    Whether Dex will work for you I canā€™t say either, it depends on whether or not youā€™ve hit your ping based atk speed cap yet. Str is always useful, Dex may also lack synergy with zealot and Spr/Con are nice filler as always.

2 Likes

I agree with everything @Wurmheart said here.

I would add to that tho, with the wheel into god smash, get 1 point into hand knife and get the armor break attribute. and combo should be Wheel -> Hand Knife -> God Smash x2 -> double punch till the end of the wheel.

On zealot, it seems like STR is going to be more beneficial than dex, but just dont know yet, Since KTest is not the final version of things we usually get.

1 Like

Testing a single lvl 10 rajapearl i was not able to keep the bleed on 100%. It worked sometimes but othertimes it was pretty bad. Taking a long time to apply and then not refreshing for quite a while. It probably has comparable up time to glassmole + sp potion cycling, the only difference being is that you have control of when you get the bonus with sp pots. The bleed itself does basically no dmg. 2 rajapearls would probably be enough with 3 definitely being enough. just have to weigh that against laying on your back being sad i guess.

@flarengen
My full combo is: double punch until debuff > god finger flick debuff > knife hand > wheel > smash

1 Like

Scuzi, but what should be the new Inquis C2 build (for C2/P2/M3)?

Well, I am not sure. But with the info that we have: iron maiden and that other skill should be maxed. Wheel should stay at 1, maleus at 5, God smash should be 10 and pears at 1- whatever and you have skills left over. But Iā€™m not sure if that is the best way

Whats with monk/zealot.
Any infos?
C1/Krivis3/monk3/zea2
Or C2>Kriv3>Monk2>Zea2.

I like teleporting/Burning Monk xD
And whats the synergie with Energyblast?

I am going to be most likely doing krivis 3 monk3 zealot2.
Since pain barrier is almost 100% uptime with malestis. No need for safety zone

hereā€™s the recent zealot changes. I am currently Kriv3, monk3 and ill probably be staying that way so i can melstis zealots buffs.

man, this is kind of expected with those changes, however, it is still rather a strong class. 939% damage on fanatic illusion is still strong. Blind Faith changes are warranted tho. it was really overpowered.

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skills/41704

Fanaticismā€™s dmg buff = value = 10 + (([Skill Level] - 1) Ɨ 5)

What???

sorry I meant Fanatic Illusion (fixing my post)

P.S. you could have also watched the video and not be an arsehole, but i guess with you that is all you really like to do.

If you already consider that rude I highly suggest you run off to mamma to go cry about it some more. Perhaps sheā€™ll care.

The number threw me off because Fanatic Illusion goes even higher than that and figured itā€™d be nicer to just say what?? and see what you meant. Didnā€™t actually think youā€™d take offense to that.

Ps, FI goes up to:
https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skills/41705

SkillFactor = 585 + ([Skill Level] - 1) Ɨ 40.9
585 + 4 x 40.9 = 748.6%
748 x 1.5 (enhance) = 1122%

And how nice of you to clearly demonstrate that you value your feelings over your advice being accurate.