Tree of Savior Forum

[Class Thread] Monk class thread. CONSOLIDATED MONK INFORMATION

Considering all the new changes and all I think I’ll add on to my previous question about builds and stuff

What gems are the most recommended to be equiped on each piece of eq? Green for weapon and sub weapons?
What about the rest of the equipment set?.

Skill priorities again are another question, is EB even worth maxing at all now? cause I find myself using at most hand knife then spamming DP.

Any changes in ideal stat focus too o.O? will a Hybrid STR/DEX build work, like 100 STR rest in DEX thing (I only get about 30 ms)

Is it worth to sacrifice 1 point in priest to get Diev for the virtually free double punch cost? (seems pretty good to me)

Again, thanks for the time :smiley:

@flarengen, what is your build proposal? Boss hunting, pve farming, et, tbl or gvg? And how much do you intend to invest in it?

So now is added in base dmg, but in the future will be a additional dmg like blessing is?Same 4 hand knife?

Yeah, unless they change something in ktest.

ive tested palm strike at max rank before and the damage was always crap. The damage is crap and dot is crap. Bosses resist the bleed constantly so you cant even use it to proc prison cutter card. I’ve recently tested it against high defense players, albeit at rank 1, and it was still crap. Can anyone with a decent weapon and trans test it at max rank? I only use it as a knockback. Even if the dot isn’t resisted, its a dps loss to stop double punching. It’s a shame we have so many bad skills. We don’t have any classes prior to monk to draw offensive skills from like other classes do. Too bad monk3 only has 8 skills compared to fencer3 having 11.

1 Like

Forgot to mention that, my bad.

Currently I’m on a C2 P2 M3 path. Was wondering if there are anything else worth consideration in case of a reset

I’m playing with a few friends and we’re more or less PVE/dungeon centric. Likely would want to do ET at some point
as for investment I’m a free to play player but have quite a bit of time to sink into the game.

Thanks for any advice.

You’re welcome to ask again anything.

the path is fine. probably most popular and straight forward build

DEX/STR debate is dependent on your ping and gear.
for me personally with 50 ping. having 100 str and rest in dex what works. I did test it with stat resets a while ago when we had reset event, and that was optimal thing for me to do

My build includes no priest at all. but if you are planning to ET priest 1 is important. (raise)
diev 1 also gives you -20% cooldown, which is nice for a lot of applications

1 Like

Tos test neet has already rank 8 e 9 skill! [LINK] and zealot is so ■■■■■■■ good to monk! Let’s the theorycraf begins!

i did a brief bing translate on the new inquisitor and zealot skills, but its hard to get a good picture of what they do. Hopefully zealot is good enough to dump inquisitor.

I did read up quite a lot on that today.

My theory is that inquisitor is more of a paladin thing now, Zealot is flippingtastic!
I am going to try out C1-p1-bokor2-monk3-zealot2 build.
interesting thing is that all the zealot skills are 5 points, so by going c2 you get all skills maxed… i wonder if that gonna be true when we get live on that.

what does bokor do for monk?

My theory is that zealot would not be that great on monks (snap gimmicks) unless you have bokor 2 in the build to make it decent enough, unless you’re talking about pvp stuff since the class gives pain barrier kinda skill.

Then again, inquisitors don’t look like c2 offers anything to stop you from taking zealot haha.

Inquisitor c1 zealot c1 monk would sound interesting though

1 Like

bokor for magankal.
Immune into that new buff from zealot that adds more damage with skills more hp you have,

Hmm i think you’ll need PD1 in there to prevent OP CC in pvp. since mackangdal only last like 15 sec. Great glass cannon DPS combo with Zealot though.

You can also do Bokor Effigy combo to fight against murd against their stupid OP blocks lol xD

That’s my current build, c1,p1,bokor2,monk3,oracle1, but oracle1 will be removed. =p
Zealot has a get close with a short distance, 125 on lv5, so bokor’s samediveve extra mov speed will be welcome to complete the aproach and mackangdal to prevent dmg for some seconds.

5 points cap may just the website is not fully updated yet

Zealot has Pain Barrier skill on its own. i do not really pvp much, so for me that might just work

in the video i saw that the skill indeed capped at 5. might have been bugged, but regardless all skills at 5 would prbably work there too

EDIT: I take that back, saw another video, it is an error on the tos.neet only

Haha from the recent posts, seems like everyone really wants to go Zealot Monk?~