Tree of Savior Forum

[Class Thread] Monk class thread. CONSOLIDATED MONK INFORMATION

@jonrook49, for monk and pala I see that two handed is far better than one handed, but ohViena has 111 of Int stats, so it depents of your build goals. Just for monk thviena is, as I said, far better than ohviena.

As much as i donā€™t like them the 2H are better for solo and starter monks. The trade off is you donā€™t get an offhand and your crit rate will be lower.

@HolyLance @Oreichalcos thanks for the advice. i guess two handed is better than mace/shield for starter monks. btw build is the standard c2p2m3inq.

1 Like

although true, two handed viena at +11 and stage 3 is the same attack as one handed +11 and stage 7ā€¦

at +15 stage 3 two handed surpasses my +11 stage 7 one handā€¦ pretty awesome actually. + it is 26 crit rate you are missing for that. idk at stage 7 might be worth it

@Pururin it depends on the gear. But with my ping I did find the golden spot for my ping/double punch. which ended up being 450 dex

The pevordimas dagger has 26 crit rate and can have 2 sockets for 2 more green gems. You can also awaken it. The big upside of having an offhand is being able to benefit from swell right arm.

does swell right arm help with double punch?

when I checked before the damage on the offhand did not really help the double punch damage

(crit rate does work tho)

I do it with 2 keys and I notice a huge improvement over spamming the same key over and over.

Not scientific sure, but another anecdote for you.

I tested it and it really improved dp spamming, so, nowdays, I just use dp with 2 keys+macro in each one.

This game stats are in log function, then it doesnā€™t make a lot of difference have them so high, because it doesnā€™t chance much the result, i.e: 700crate =~50% critical hits and 600 = 46,5% and 500= 41%, this show that, if u build has already a good number of crate, then maybe 200 more will not chance much, like a dagger and maybe is better use another thing as a 2hblunt or a shield+1hBlunt or 1hsword.

Pev DAGGER

• 37 str
  • 26 crate
  • 2 slot => 2x green gem lv8 = 75 crate x2 = 150 crate
  • awa = ~20crate

This give too much of one status n, if u have already much of this, so doesnā€™t chance much n doesnā€™t give another status at all.

Skull BREAK

• 52 crate
  • 71dex
  • 89str
  • 250 block pen
  • awa crate ~40

This give a great variety of status, so improve a great variety of status n all then are relevante to monk.

Its true that the more crate you have the less actual crit% it gives you. But at low levels of crate, any extra crate will help out a lot. Once you start getting higher crate, you could probably forgo the dagger and go 2H. Mostly i just hate that 2H maces are the weapons that monk got stuck with. They are better in most cases sadly. Iā€™m glad that Iā€™m in a position where 1H weapons are better.

Hello all,

Iā€™m new to the game and Iā€™m building a monk c2diev2monk3inq1(currently only level 30 with C2) and making a pardoner for buffs but I have a couple of questions. I will appreciate any answer and or info you think a new player and a new monk should know.

Is there any disadvantage of using priest buffs via scroll? Should I go full SPR on pardoner to maximize buffs?

Iā€™m also unsure about which attributes should I get. For instance, should I increase or decrease heal damage? Does the blunt weapon stun apply to 2H weapon?

My ping is 40 to 50ms. Since STR is generally cheaper, What amount of Dex is the recommended to balance the two stats?

Lastly I was told that Inq skills changed so now there is no need to Max wheel, hence, I should Max MM. But if I saw correctly none of the builds here recommend such distribution. Any comments about it?

Sorry for so many questions, but everywhere I look for answers I find either outdated or contradicting ones.

Thanks in advance

The disadvantage of using priest scrolls is that they donā€™t come with attributes and i donā€™t think they figure in your stats either. So for example, you canā€™t make monstrance last 5mins. I believe SPR is the way to go on pardoner.

The attributes you should go for are double punch, god smash, energy blast, and god finger flick. The blunt weapons stun only applies on auto attacks and i donā€™t know about 2H.

I have heard that 450-500 total DEX is the sweet spot for max attack speed, but with a ping that high you might better off going full STR.

Wheel has the same duration and hp regardless of level now so i guess MM would be better for debuff duration.

Thank you very much for your answer. So in terms of efficiency, Iā€™d be better off swapping deiv2 for a Priest1 with blessing 5, resurrection X, Monstrance 1, aspersion X?

Can our potato ping reach this.

This is as good as I can get using our potato ping. I rage every time i see korean monk speed.

Pls test this method

I want to know how it will be with high ping.

It will probably still be the same. What that trick does is lets you trigger another skill on the skill bar such that you use a skill upon pressing and letting go of the button, and a timely use of pressing and letting go of the button gives you a more amount of skill input spam.

It will be the same as how you spam double punch a lot with high ping, you wonā€™t get any faster than what your ping allows.

No point, that trick got removed/fixed months ago.

About Palm Strike: Does anyone know if the additional damage proportional to the enemyā€™s defense is apply after the damage calculation like the blessing damage or is together with the base damage like the weapon is with the base damage?

I recall a ktest change (not sure if it reached here) that changed it from being added to the base damage, to being added as additional damage if that helps.