Tree of Savior Forum

[Class Thread] Monk class thread. CONSOLIDATED MONK INFORMATION

Hello all,

I’m new to the game and I’m building a monk c2diev2monk3inq1(currently only level 30 with C2) and making a pardoner for buffs but I have a couple of questions. I will appreciate any answer and or info you think a new player and a new monk should know.

Is there any disadvantage of using priest buffs via scroll? Should I go full SPR on pardoner to maximize buffs?

I’m also unsure about which attributes should I get. For instance, should I increase or decrease heal damage? Does the blunt weapon stun apply to 2H weapon?

My ping is 40 to 50ms. Since STR is generally cheaper, What amount of Dex is the recommended to balance the two stats?

Lastly I was told that Inq skills changed so now there is no need to Max wheel, hence, I should Max MM. But if I saw correctly none of the builds here recommend such distribution. Any comments about it?

Sorry for so many questions, but everywhere I look for answers I find either outdated or contradicting ones.

Thanks in advance

The disadvantage of using priest scrolls is that they don’t come with attributes and i don’t think they figure in your stats either. So for example, you can’t make monstrance last 5mins. I believe SPR is the way to go on pardoner.

The attributes you should go for are double punch, god smash, energy blast, and god finger flick. The blunt weapons stun only applies on auto attacks and i don’t know about 2H.

I have heard that 450-500 total DEX is the sweet spot for max attack speed, but with a ping that high you might better off going full STR.

Wheel has the same duration and hp regardless of level now so i guess MM would be better for debuff duration.

Thank you very much for your answer. So in terms of efficiency, I’d be better off swapping deiv2 for a Priest1 with blessing 5, resurrection X, Monstrance 1, aspersion X?

Can our potato ping reach this.

This is as good as I can get using our potato ping. I rage every time i see korean monk speed.

Pls test this method

I want to know how it will be with high ping.

It will probably still be the same. What that trick does is lets you trigger another skill on the skill bar such that you use a skill upon pressing and letting go of the button, and a timely use of pressing and letting go of the button gives you a more amount of skill input spam.

It will be the same as how you spam double punch a lot with high ping, you won’t get any faster than what your ping allows.

No point, that trick got removed/fixed months ago.

About Palm Strike: Does anyone know if the additional damage proportional to the enemy’s defense is apply after the damage calculation like the blessing damage or is together with the base damage like the weapon is with the base damage?

I recall a ktest change (not sure if it reached here) that changed it from being added to the base damage, to being added as additional damage if that helps.

Considering all the new changes and all I think I’ll add on to my previous question about builds and stuff

What gems are the most recommended to be equiped on each piece of eq? Green for weapon and sub weapons?
What about the rest of the equipment set?.

Skill priorities again are another question, is EB even worth maxing at all now? cause I find myself using at most hand knife then spamming DP.

Any changes in ideal stat focus too o.O? will a Hybrid STR/DEX build work, like 100 STR rest in DEX thing (I only get about 30 ms)

Is it worth to sacrifice 1 point in priest to get Diev for the virtually free double punch cost? (seems pretty good to me)

Again, thanks for the time :smiley:

@flarengen, what is your build proposal? Boss hunting, pve farming, et, tbl or gvg? And how much do you intend to invest in it?

So now is added in base dmg, but in the future will be a additional dmg like blessing is?Same 4 hand knife?

Yeah, unless they change something in ktest.

ive tested palm strike at max rank before and the damage was always crap. The damage is crap and dot is crap. Bosses resist the bleed constantly so you cant even use it to proc prison cutter card. I’ve recently tested it against high defense players, albeit at rank 1, and it was still crap. Can anyone with a decent weapon and trans test it at max rank? I only use it as a knockback. Even if the dot isn’t resisted, its a dps loss to stop double punching. It’s a shame we have so many bad skills. We don’t have any classes prior to monk to draw offensive skills from like other classes do. Too bad monk3 only has 8 skills compared to fencer3 having 11.

1 Like

Forgot to mention that, my bad.

Currently I’m on a C2 P2 M3 path. Was wondering if there are anything else worth consideration in case of a reset

I’m playing with a few friends and we’re more or less PVE/dungeon centric. Likely would want to do ET at some point
as for investment I’m a free to play player but have quite a bit of time to sink into the game.

Thanks for any advice.

You’re welcome to ask again anything.

the path is fine. probably most popular and straight forward build

DEX/STR debate is dependent on your ping and gear.
for me personally with 50 ping. having 100 str and rest in dex what works. I did test it with stat resets a while ago when we had reset event, and that was optimal thing for me to do

My build includes no priest at all. but if you are planning to ET priest 1 is important. (raise)
diev 1 also gives you -20% cooldown, which is nice for a lot of applications

1 Like

Tos test neet has already rank 8 e 9 skill! [LINK] and zealot is so ■■■■■■■ good to monk! Let’s the theorycraf begins!

i did a brief bing translate on the new inquisitor and zealot skills, but its hard to get a good picture of what they do. Hopefully zealot is good enough to dump inquisitor.