Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Official Sadhu Thread

am sadhu diev and to be honest, just the free teleport alone makes it worth it xD

Combat update will buff OBB because attack speed. Dex based Sadhu at least.

At least there is that?

Nope, doesn’t make OOB faster, I tried. :frowning:

Really? :frowning:

Its a zero cd skill, and its AA based, and still nothing? Jesus.

Once upon a time there was a great debate about OOB being an auto attack or not here. Looks like Chaplain still might come out on top yet again here dumping on the OOB parade. I think somewhere in the minds of developers it’s exactly what was said about it being a fancy auto attack not a skill.

They could just undo the age old speed nerf done a while ago.

2 Likes

I knew it wasn’t going to work with Dex because the Spirit just takes our Magic and elemental attack. It also costs 0 SP and the current state of the test is 0 CD skills costing people an arm and a leg.

Possession is 10266% scaling over 10s. 20s CD.
OoB 220% per hit.
ABE lvl 15 is 697%
No one for some reason has tested Divine Stigma/Aukuras + Out of Body yet.
If it still doubles Mattack given to the spirit that will be substantial.

ABE is still hot wet garbage. Oh man why is this so irrelevant. I don’t like Vashita even if stats have a bigger impact.

Found this video with Krivis Sadhu (seems like Cleric 1 Krivis 2 Sadhu (2?) being tested in the renewal (lol) formula.

First thing is that I think this guy didn’t get the class. It looks like he misses a lot of opportunity and also forget to protect against hits while using OoB. But also, damage still looks crap.

Poor Sadhu lovers like me :frowning:

Yet Divine Stigma still wasn’t shown.
We need to confirm if the hidden mechanic is still in play

You would hope they could just fix those “secret” buffs and balance the scaling without them. But I can actually see a future niche with circle 3 stat feeding the second someone figures out one of the highest scaling skills in the game to buff. Then people might start hitting those damage caps and it becomes another gripe.

2 Likes

I figured the point of hidden buffs (for the most part was )

1. to surprise players by being interesting and fun things they run into
  2. To balance out some otherwise crappy combinations.

For instance

Feint + Barrage helps make up for the lack of mobility you are going to suffer by not going Archer C3 on a class that is all about positioning itself (Rogue).

Balancing classes around the hidden mechanics is dumb. The hidden mechanics should be balanced around the classes.
I really want to know what the state of these things is because if it’s not there I’m rerolling the Kriv 2 Sadhu 3 I have.
Astral Body explosion does Fuk all, the calculations I’ve run say it will continue to do fuk all. Atleast Cleric C3 can heal. Without the OoB buff there’s nothing there in Sadhu to make this class combo worth talking about.

Hey there, just to be sure, OOB does how many hits again? Most skills now have their hits/second or number of hits shown in the tos-ktest.neet.tv, but not OOB autos.

Besides, do we have confirmation DEX doesn’t increase it’s speed as well?

A user stated Dex does not work with OoB.

It’s 3 fake hits. Don’t know about Ktos.

Sadly Possession was nerfed badly and is only 61%*33= 2013% damage (level 11) over 10 seconds after the balance patch of 14.04.2017.
ABE was boosted to ~1500% at level 15 (still bad).

Sadhu died again, I’ll drop my C3 on my Sadhu in favor for Dievdirbys C1 since the Devs don’t want to address the issue of high CD times on Kabbalist skills(and possibly future Inquisitor) once we get the changes and the Rank-/skillreset. Sadhu C3 has lost all its value, and I seriously don’t believe that the developers will be nice enough to boost the Class to any decent level in the future.

Also, since Heal became the most powerful skill with CD in the game (228%*number of tiles is at least a solid 10k% at skilllevel 15+, and a solid 20k%+ if the Blessing mechanic wasn’t removed), it’s silly to argue about Sadhu skills anymore. Drop the statues, spam all skills, rinse&repeat and see mobs&bosses die within a few seconds-minutes, given that you’ve got a decent weapon.

2 Likes

Yup I’m on the test server.
Even with the divine stigma mechanic it’s all lackluster. ABE is somewhat nice but destroying the spirit to do it just creates extra frustration with OOB after they nerfed it 91%.

Took my 280 Pyro, Sorc awhile to solo even Cerberus. If you don’t upgrade your weapon there is 0 conversation to be had.

Lots of goofy ass considerations in their part.

Heal 15 is dope.
Heal 15 + Blessing is straight money.
60 hits of 228% in some contexts.

Without any changes this class was straight murdered on the test server.

I have 2 C3 Sadhus but given resets I’m not to worried presuming I stick with the game. XIVs expansion comes out in 60 days

To be fair this is their first run at the number changes NOT the final product, so they could still improve the %'s on the skills if they are found lack luster. So i wouldn’t panic to much yet.

1 Like

I’m really expecting them to increase damage for some multi hits which aren’t true AoE’s (Cleric’s cure, zaibas, carnivory and the like) and the channeling ones which lock you in place (like Possession, Psychic Pressure and Gravity Pole).

I have the feeling this last batch of balancing they just tried to make similar rank skills have similar total skill factor (SF*#hits*duration). So I do hope they take into consideration now how hard it might actually be to land those hits and how many mobs it can indeed affect over the duration.

The Multi hits are ‘supposed’ to be empowered by certain types of buffs and equipment choices which are basically multiplied by hit count.

Like Sorcerer’s Summoning, Sadhu has a feature skill.
They’re crapping on it unnecessarily.

well, the problem I see here is that Possession was initially stronger, but it was nerfed with the 14.04.2017 balancing patch, so I honestly can’t see how Sadhu C3 could turn this around (even the increase per skillpoint is lackluster 2,5% per point invested) - unless the games turns into a hack&slash game where dozens to hundreds of monsters come at you at once when you run across the map, having over 9 affected targets doesn’t help you in any way.

OOB not scaling with leveling is also an issue, and there’s still the issue that you can only control one unit (either body or Astral Body). Sadhu could be very amazing if you could seperately control both of them if you e.g. channel Possession and then switch to control the Astral Body if it’s out to do whatever you want during the 10 seconds(e.g. autoattack the monsters caught/paralyzed in the Possession AoE).

Instead, there are still the issues of the skills neither working well together nor having any good compatibility with the other Cleric Class skills.

Worst thing is that it practically doesn’t matter if you’re Sadhu C2 or C3.
Why would someone want to be Sadhu C3 now iin the 1st place if all he gains is some few more % damage for ABE and Possession instead of some more damage skills/buffsby choosing another Class Circle?

That’s why I’ll get myself Dievdirbys C1, Laima+Zeymyna+Vakarine are useful for every Class in my build (even Sadhu), and Carve Attack is a really strong attack skill (5hits and 3 overheat with only 17 seconds CD, level 4 has 95% damage per hit [meaning one use is 485% damage, or 1455% per ~20 seconds {as the CD only triggers after all 3 overheats have been used}]) that’s a very useful addition with only a small trade-off of ~300% less damage with ABE/Possession in the process (+a little less action radius for OOB).

I still like Sadhu, but I feel really sad for the 1st time. I just hope the Class will recieve some additional rebalancing later on to make it more viable.

Btw @Delcas , do you know from the kTest server if Possession can be canceled if hit or if it becomes uninterruptable channeling again?

Possession breaks if you are attacked it doesn’t matter if you are hit or if you dodge/block.

I don’t care much for Possession. Thematically to me it just fits as a “What do you do if you get caught outside of OoB” skill.
The power of this class should be in your spirit and spirit skills. Transmit just functioning because your Spirit snapshots your stats. Similarly as a Sorc, a bunch of my skills are pretty much whatever if I’m Riding the summon which allows me to reach 4k defenses, when pretty much no one else but super trans’d up people are near that.

The ABE buff is good among other reasons to me because of that. It empowers the OoB State by making a skill you want to use
in OoB.

If they made it so your skills don’t disrupt your oob state including abe, sped up every single animation along with increasing attack speed of oob it might be solid. That is assuming they tweak damage values properly. As for possession remove it’s binding capability then do not allow it to be disrupted on damage.