Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Official Sadhu Thread

None of my claims involved limited cc or fade synergy. For that matter, I stated that Sadhu’s low point is the lack of synergy and superior cc. Thus it is the opposite of what you are arguing right now. @Wurmheart, you, like the others, also have problem with reading comprehension.

I have taken my Sadhu to ET more than enough times to know how it performs in an ET parties. Unless you have been to ET with a c3 Sadhu, I would say we have differentiated experiences. Reading forums and looking at videos online doesn’t even come close to actually playing and mastering a job in game. Thus, I am not sure how you can justify your claim. Of course, I do agree with you that I don’t only spam Sadhu’s skill in ET. My cleric 3 and plague doctor can keep my party alive just fine. Then again, any cleric tree with cleric 2 with enough material and the proper equipment can get to ET floor 5. So it doesn’t really matter what you pick as long as you pick cleric 2 or above.

You don’t need anyone to organize mobs for you once you learned how to use possession effectively. Here is what Sadhu brings in grind and dungeon parties:

• Reliable CC
  • Sustainable AoE Damage
  • Your own safety

I honest feel more useful and busy while playing Sadhu as a damage/support cleric in parties than any other cleric jobs before rank 6. OoB and Possession allows you to continuously deal damage safely without having to worry about dying. I can’t say the same for Chaplain when I have died a few times jumping into a pack of mobs after a pull trying to auto-attack. That is my own stupidity.

Like the others, if you want to compare something, compare them on equal terms. Or else it will in term be misleading just as you stated that I was somehow misleading. Even though in all my comparison I have compared Sadhu to other class on their equal ground. Why compare one class with a combination of two or three classes? What is that suppose to do? Sadhu isn’t the only class people can pick. Try comparing Krivis’ Zaibas versus Sadhu’s Possession alone and see which one is the clear winner. Because that would be a realistic comparison rather than trying to bring along a rank 8 class which will by all means be superior.

The only defends on ABE I have stated is that it satisfied my game play. I don’t use ABE exclusively. I only use it when the situation calls for it. And there are several situation when I do use ABE. Which is why I like it the way it is at the moment.

Carve Owls is superior sustainable dps than anything Sadhu can offer. This is why Diev is so useful in ET. However, try using Carve Owls solo and in grind/dungeon party. You will understand how it is hindered by the long cool down, knock backs and lack of flexibility.

Finally, Bokor is superior in mob train. You can’t effigy spam all the enemies effectively until you are rank 7. Zombie damage is lacking. Damballa has a long setup. Bokor alone can not compete in single target damage against Sadhu. I will say that as a fact because I have a 276 Bokor/Doctor. Furthermore, like I stated before, I have never been beaten in DPS in mission or boss fight by a bokor of equal or higher gear.

I would have to say learn how to use all your skills to adapt to what class you have picked. I have no trouble playing Sadhu. It is my main class. Sadhu’s style has a 50% downtime. Half the times you will be in possession, while the other half, you will be left to spam all your other skills. This is why I don’t recommend Bokor for Sadhu because effigy damage versus SP resource is not satisfying for me. I rather use that 10 second window to spam my heal, cure, plague vapor, and incinerate.

Partially this is incorrect. I didn’t pick Inquisitor for my Sadhu so I will not comment on that. But Plague Doctor doesn’t interfere with Possession at all. Once you case plague vapor, pandemic, and incinerate, you can use possession all you want without interfering with your rotation.

I do 100% agree with this. Sadhu is the most difficult class in the Cleric tree to master. If you want a challenge, then play a Sadhu c3. Mastering your skill and use will see how Sadhu is viable even at high level. Thus this is mainly why people quit Sadhu due to its high difficulties. It isn’t a class where you can just button smash and be done with it. You actually have to think and use your skills wisely.

And like I stated, Sadhu is a class that has little to no synergy with other cleric classes. Picking Sadhu does not benefit any classes except itself. Thus this was my original argument that if you want to change Sadhu, don’t simply increase its damage output or throw more mechanics at it. Those will do nothing for Sadhu. Again the following will need to be changed for Sadhu for it to shine more:

• Fix all the bugs
  • Lower the difficulty of game play
  • Increase synergy with other classes

I enjoy my Sadhu c3 and I don’t like to tell other people how to build their character. However, there are some benefits with Sadhu c3. I will mention one which is range. Did you know with lvl16 OoB, you can OoB outside of its range and not pull aggro? There is certain distance that you can be away from a mob that you can start attacking the enemy without them reacting to use. I do use this benefit often when I just want to OoB auto attack something to death.

4 star area is a challenge. But I only stating everything based on my experience as a high level Sadhu. People can read it is up to them. But I say there is a different between theory crafting and actually experiencing Sadhu through out the game.

1 Like

If there’s one thing I’ve learned throughout this whole thread it’s that there’s literally always one or two people who insist the class is good based upon being solo through early or easy content. You’ve got to learn to identify bubble boys and then respond appropriately because they won’t accept logic that the game doesn’t revolve around them and their bubbles.

You’ll get text walled with a bunch of things that make no sense in the real world of this game. It’s happened to me before and happening to you now.

3 Likes

Sadhu C3 isn’t difficult.
Its support functions are straight up weak and largely impractical or inconvenient in application. OoB gets sent to 15. Possession gets maxed for now. Transmit gets maxed. Prakriti is inherently 1 point, 1 point into ABE then dump whatever you want into either VS or ABE it doesn’t matter both have lackluster contributions.
There’s nothing really hard about Sadhu, it just takes time which again is wonky given its a proclaimed attack/support hybrid with piss poor support.

Sadhu’s a class that wants to be stationary, OoB, Possession and VS all require you don’t move, which also means ABE by extension requires your body stay still during its activation. So long as you understand the risk of sitting in place you’re golden for Sadhu knowledge. Since the Spirit is a snap shot, Transmit is at its best when you have a Spirit out, aka being stationary. Its a fairly simple class. You then choose classes which help you sit in place or don’t have a problem contributing while you sit in place.

So much drama :astonished: Have a break, have a kitkat or have some Sadhu-Druid C3 gameplay.

(shameless self promotion) :persevere:

2 Likes

then I guess I’ll wait until this class would be kinda more usfeul I appreciated every advice you told me but because I see many incoherenzes I’m still really confused of what to do, so instead of messing up and waste time, I’ll wait and maybe try another class.

Best to do that or else you’ll regret it later. Just ignore listening to the insane Cleric3/Sadhu3 people who live in bubbles. They don’t listen to any type of logic or reason why it’s bad, then argue that it’s good because people can’t understand the complexity of useless skill builds.

This pretty much sums it up in one little sentence. You can ignore them safely knowing that Plaguedoctor is carrying them. And especially ignore someone who says ABE does more than Zaibas.

5 Likes

Sadhu2 druid3 solo dungeon 290, one of few rank8 sadhu:

2 Likes

First of all, there is nothing complex about playing Sadhu. The class simply has more mechanics to deal with than any other Cleric jobs. Thus making Sadhu more difficult to play than the other mindless classes.

Next, this entire conversation started with me disagreeing with @BlueByu and @Delcas on their own fantasy buffs made for Sadhu that I find unnecessary because adding more damage and more game mechanics to an already heavy mechanic job is only pouring oil in the fire. So if you want to suddenly jump into a conversation, at least read the discussion in its entirety before randomly contributing. And I have never stated ABE does more damage than Zaibas. I don’t know where you derived this from and please quote me if you see it. I only stated ABE works when I need it to work and there is no higher single hitter before rank 6 that I found can replace it. Thus, I am satisfied with the skill and it doesn’t need a damage buff.

And of course I use Plague Doctor’s vapor and incinerate. They are my heaviest DoT. They also slows the mobs down so I can train them all into my possession. Therefor I am happy with my build. And as I told @Apeorina_ElFresh I am not here to recommend builds. It is his or her character to make, not mine. She or he can build their character however they wants to build it, that is solely up to them. I simply provided answers to their questions because I have a high level Sadhu who happen to be c3 and I can answer those questions by experience and not theory crafting from reading forums and watching videos.

1 Like

I would love to debate and contribute but it’s a dead horse. You can scroll up 100 pages to me pointing out and debating this same stuff with the last bubble boy adamant about defending their bad choice in going Cleric3/Sadhu3. Personally I don’t even believe that you’re high level at all because of what you say about ABE being something amazing. It’s almost like you read the wiki seeing high numbers then spewed some nonsense.

But then again that’s pretty much what the other bubble boys did before you too…

Ophiuchu still hating Cleric C3.
“bubble boys” like its an argument.
Stay forever ignorant.

1 Like

Hmmm. Again, I don’t know where you get your information from. Not once did I say ABE is amazing. It seems that even mentioning the skill will get you misunderstood as if you are trying to defend it. And personally it doesn’t matter to me if you believe anything I wrote down or not. Each person who read this forum can make their own decision on the character they make.

I never once defended how Cleric 3 / Sadhu 3 is the holy grail of all Sadhu build. I made my choice because it works for me. Cure 17 and Heal 17 scales better than any other cleric class before rank 4 can offer. They are still my strongest burst even now. And that is my sole reason to pick Cleric 3 because I have had Cleric 2 and Cleric 3 on my previous characters and I know how they perform at high level. I picked Sadhu 3 not because of the superior range or the damage. It was simply that there was nothing better to pick because, like I stated many times, Sadhu has little to no synergy with any other Cleric jobs. Selecting Sadhu means that you will be playing a job that will not benefit any other jobs that you will be picking in the future. And I already have a Druid 2 and an Oracle 2. So there was no point in picking a different job.

1 Like

Rewind to 22 hours ago in one of your wall of texts which you seem to have forgot about. I pulled the WHOLE thing so you can re-read it all without you trying to say I put words out of context.

First, Zaibas scales with INT. Once you reach 567 INT, then yes, I agree
with you, Zaibas will out damage Possession (provided there is no
elemental enhance or resist). However, this was not your initial
argument. What you said first is a Krivis will kill faster than a Sadhu.
Since Zaibas is Krivis’ only dps skill, I concluded that your argument
is invalid because Krivis struggles against multiple enemies. Thus, you
are running around in this debate with points of view that doesn’t even
establish your initial argument. Which in term, you warrant that I am
somehow “trolling” the public, yet all my argument has been to the point
and precise."

“In conclusion, again I agree with you. Multi-hit skills does do more damage than single hit skills. But again @BlueByu,
this was not my first argument. I asked to compare any Rank 6 or below
single hitter skill versus ABE because ABE is a single hitting skill. I
am comparing salt versus salt for specific purposes that fits my
playstyle. Because in TBL or GvG, nobody is going to sit there and take
multi-hitting skills in their face without running away from it. And as
for my point, I don’t believe there is another single hitting skill in
the Cleric tree that will serve this purpose for how I play that will
satisfy me like how ABE will. In which is why I made my case.”

Do you even read the nonsense you spew out in these mountains of text? I can’t even screen shot them they are so big. But “I never said ABE was better” but you just made a whole huge persuasive essay and thesis’ on why it’s better. I’m sure you’ll be right back at me with a wall of text why you didn’t do what you did too.

Also! It’s not that I hate on the Cleric3/Sadhu3 people as much as I do with them thinking everything is fine with Sadhu. Then they start preaching to new people misguiding the youth in walls of text. There’s a bit of irony here in you telling them that they were wrong. =P

And yet, none of those quotes showed any evidence where you accused me of saying ABE is better than Zaibas.

I am definitely done with our discussion @ophiuchu. With all your good intention of suddenly jumping into a conversation with random accusations, I have to say that you seem to want to patronize the ability to write and express one’s individual thoughts through words. I’m not sure if it is laziness for you to not be able to read or it is your lack of education in reading comprehension that is holding you back for doing so; nevertheless I feel that debating with someone who has either deficit is as futile as writing to the blinds. So with that said, you can contribute however you please.

Glad we can come to terms. We’ll just pretend your forum graffiti about playing the way you want and how you feel never existed. That’s alright with me if you stop the debating with everyone about something that clearly didn’t happen in your walls of text. I’ll turn a blind eye to it just as you have too.

Prakitri seems to be bugged too—maybe just for me. It’s kicked me from the game 3 times when I use this skill. Once was during a dungeon run; I couldn’t re-enter… didn’t get any exp for killing the bosses. T_T

The Sadhu class needs attention, at least to just get it’s skills working without bugs would be a start :expressionless:

If the rank 8 classes are going to get skill/bug attention, why not throw Sadhu on the fire?

Did you get attacked while you use Prakitri? For me, if I use any skill during OoB including Prakitri and get attacked at the same time will crash the channel. I have already submitted a ticket to IMC. But we don’t know when it will get resolved. Previous emergency maintenance seemed to have resolved the channel crash problem with Bokor’s Effigy though. It is best to submit a ticket for now and let IMC fix it.

1 Like

Will do, thanks for the info!

Since you don’t know when to shut up. I guess I need to point out the painfully obvious again.

Because I’m paraphrasing, I’m not quoting you directly to begin with.
I am stating this is the essence of your argument, regardless of whether you admit it or not.

Regardless this is in essence what your argument is, “that possession, ABE, and OoB allow me to deal dmg with relative impunity” Which is due to the reasons I stated above. Range, CC & fade.

You never stated fade, but any experienced sadhu knows how to use it. Hence I included it because it is an asset that helps grant sadhu it’s niche.

And yes sadhu lacks synergy, but cleric2’s fade is one of the rare exceptions. Mentioning fade does not indicate I disagree with the sadhu lacking synergy in general.

I even made posts to the contrary above you.

Aka, Learn to read, and try to understand this concept called “logic”.

Good for you, but any build with pd2 can get quite far in ET.
I do agree that floor 1-5 should be manageable with just cleric2 and 5-10 might need a res to boot.

Permanent Stone Skin & Party wide healing factor are assets that enable ET runs.

Sadhu on its own brings nothing to the table that is ET enabling. Hence it isn’t taken into ET when a choice is present, usually anyway.

Bullshit, I have a sadhu2 myself.
For soloing it is easy but for parties monsters go all over the place, you can’t direct what goes where well enough with your skill set.

You’d have to rely on teammates pulling mobs always onto them, aka linkers + tanks.

If you have proof you can direct all mobs into a single possession on an ET floor where you need to defend an objective then do show us.

Ends when taking dmg, and is thus not reliable if you cannot guarantee you will not take dmg.

Again, ends when you take damage. It is cheap sp wise, that’s all.

Again, this only due to possession’s bind and OoB’s range and fade synergy. Which proves my first point, cheers.

Aside of that Sadhu doesn’t bring any defensive skills on it’s own. So it’s a very meager option compared to diev & bokor.

I am doing that.
You need to compare full build vs full build due to the synergy most builds have.

To compare individual ranks while ignoring later rank synergy only puts sadhu in a better light than other classes since it has no synergy.

That is why your whole argument is inherently flawed.

And I main a diev, it has considerable downsides but also huge potential.

But what if it could be better? you want to stop that too?

And somehow you’d be the only person on this planet who states as such.

Anyone else strongly dislikes the interrupt prone state and how it hinders sadhu while other classes got more total worth and relative ease of use due to rank 7-8 synergies.

Ergo, you’re gonna have to proof this one way or another.

No.

Sadhu2-3 has a 50% downtime due to possession alone.

This may work well with some builds like pd2.
But also limits any class that require more time and prevents you from moving/using skills during said duration when a party member needs it.

And especially for ET, you don’t want a healer that’s stuck 50% of the time.

Oy pay attention.

The recommend almost interrupt immune build is sadhu2/druid3.
sadhu3/druid2 can also work, but deals almost 50% less dmg than druid3.

These builds should deal less dmg then pd2 or pd/inquisitor.

That’s what I was getting at.

Again you show you don’t even know of the druid + sadhu synergy despite it being well document in this very thread.

Our problem isn’t with the challenge.

It’s that alternative builds perform much better with much more ease.
Sadhu is in terms of balance, undesirable, underpowered and unrewarding.

See video greyhiem posted for a sad2/druid build.

You’re conflating issues.

Yeah we do need to be careful that any dmg boost doesn’t push it back to “about to get nerfed again” territory.

But that doesn’t mean sadhu’s dmg atm is sufficient, it is on the very low side and does benefit of a dmg buff to a degree.

ABE especially was picked out because it is barely noticeable vs 300k-500k health enemies. You can’t fix that without dmg or new effects bud.

No I did not.
But I did list it’s range as a primary benefit at the very start.
Besides safety zone + fade alternating already gets the job done.
OoB can already be used with impunity, so it’s not a huge deal…

As far as builds are concerned.
We’re opposed to recommending sadhu3, because we know it is subpar to other cleric builds.

You do not know that, so you do recommend it.

That’s all there is to it.

2 Likes
2 Likes

@Wurmheart you seem to be quite shrewd to wanting to silence another voice that somehow you disagree with. And that seems to be the theme of this thread. After reading what you had to say, I feel quite honest that you, like many others, are jumping into the conclusion without understanding what the argument was. So let me ask you this, can you even summarize what my argument is?