Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Official Sadhu Thread

I played a bokor sadhu PD up until some point, where i just stopped caring about the mmo as a whole.

For me personally, the issue with OoB was that the risks outweighed the rewards.

You were a potential healer, who couldn’t move, with p.defense dropped to 0, and has to use your protective spells to keep yourself safe instead of allies… all for basically another dot.
The damage nerfs in the past i never felt were justified because the class was somewhat of a high risk high reward before, anyway.

I’m not really expecting it to be super op damage at all, but dang like… give it some freedom or something. Maybe Pakriti could switch movement control (specifically movement, and let autoattacks still come from the spirit) between the spirit and your physical body, I dunno.

Atleast you could move around more freely, then.

That dmg is far too high, and it doesn’t really fix enough either. + would make sadhu/druid3 op as hell.

It’s not that OoB is entirely useless atm, it is quite good with a druid3 build due to hengestone and when using chapperition cards to snap your heightened matk.

And any such skill with a high base matk is already far more capable at punching past magic defenses.

The genuine issues Sadhu has in my opinion are:

Out of Body:

• Skill level only increases range, which is nice but not a very large benefit.
  • Additional class circles do not benefit or benefit from OoB that much. (only range.)
  • Its interrupt prone state can be mitigated by other sub-classes, making sadhu2-3 even more undesirable.
  • with the exception of a druid3 build, the dmg is simply lacking.
  • Too many downsides: 0 Defense, immobile and interrupt when damage taken is overkill.

Prakriti:

• Decent skill bit simplistic but effective enough. Might benefit of an extra purpose.

Astral Body Explosion:

• The knockback is useful.
  • The magic damage is high for a one hit , but very weak compared to any multi-hit.
  • 30s cd is rather lengthy for its meager effects.

Vashita Sidhi:

• Doesn’t affect flying enemies.
  • It’s a channel so it interrupts OoB.
  • 5s confusion is nice, but far too short.
  • Doesn’t scale well.
  • The stat debuff is only in effect while enemies are inside the circle.

Possession:

• It’s a channel so it interrupts OoB.
  • Rather small aoe size.
  • Its interrupt prone state can be mitigated by other sub-classes, making sadhu3 even more undesirable.

Transmit Prana:

• Doesn’t work on OoB anymore.
  • Transferring your int weakens your OoB & Possession dmg considerably.
  • Transferring your int is generally not that helpful to begin with.

In general:

• Sadhu2 & Sadhu3 don’t improve on Out of Body, arguably they do more to hinder it.
  • Partially related is that sadhu has 2 channels while its main dmg skill can’t be used while channeling. It’s rather counterproductive.
  • It’s a horrible stand alone option compared to other classes.
  • Or arguably it simply lacks synergy with sub-classes aside of druid/diev/cleric3.
  • Its damage is sub-par compared to most other class options.
  • It’s very low on utility.
  • Has next to no damage prevention, only possession’s bind works somewhat and that is still prone to interrupts.
  • Vashita & Transmit Prana are far to niche in their purpose.
  • Lacks skills compared to most sub-classes.
  • While a dmg boost for OoB is welcome, it’s likely to be to overpowered on a sadhu/druid3 build.

TL/DR:

• Sadhu needs more synergy with sadhu2/3.
  • Sadhu needs more synergy with other sub-classes or make it harder to interrupt.
  • Vashita & Transmit Prana both need a rework.
  • Might as well add 1 or 2 skills to get it on par with other classes.
  • Possession & ABE need some fine tuning as well.

So I’d go with a suggestion like:

[details=Click here]OoB:

• Out of Body’s multiplier is now based on skill level: Lvl 5 = 150%, Lvl 10 = 200%, Lvl 15 = 250%.
  • Out of body now counts as a regular buff, and won’t be interrupted when hit.

Prakriti:
Prakriti gets a new attribute to leave behind a ghostly decoy at your old location for 5s. (adds +5s cd.)

Astral Body Explosion:

• Now also inflicts astral burning based on the damage dealt.

Vashita Siddhi rework:

• It’s now an aura around your spectral body and needs OoB to function.
  • Drains 1-10 dex, str, con, int & spr per second of mobs within its range.
  • Adds an aura buff to your main body that adds +10-150 of said stats to your allies based on what was drained.
  • Debuff & buff both last a minute after the skill ended.
  • Still drains 2% sp while active, can toggle it off when needed though.

Possession rework:

• It’s now a buff which deals damage and binds nearby enemies.
  • If Out of body is in use then it takes affect around your spectral body instead.

Transmit Prana rework:

• You now turn your life force over to target ally for 1-5 minutes, adding 20-100% of your health to their max health and turning yourself into a spectral body.
  • Your auto attacks are replaced by Out of Body attacks while in effect.
  • Using Prakriti ends this skill and fully heals both you and the target.
  • Using Out of body explosion ends this skill and uses the current health of said ally as added damage.
  • If said ally dies you die as well.
  • 180s cd.

New c3 skill: Surya Vigyan:

• You channel an aura at your spectral form’s location for 5-10 seconds that negates damage and turns it into healing instead.
  • Lasts for up to 10s with a 40s cd. [/details]
6 Likes

+1! Really good tl;dr of our rants.

Buff suggestion.

Out of Body: Gives the caster a Stack of Body Fluid every 10 seconds, up to 4 stacks. Each stack increases magic attack by 7%.

OoB Attribute: The Spirit ignores 10% of enemy Magic Defense per attribute level. Max level 4. Requires C3 Sadhu

Astral Body Explosion: Astral Body Explosion also heals allies in its range and it deals an additional hit for every stack of Body Fluid on the caster.
Healing amount is 10*(Skill damage + SPR) per pulse.

Transmit Prana: Range changed to 200 units around the Sadhu. Affects multiple allies simultaneously. Affected allies can’t lose more than 90- (5*skill level)% of their max health from any singular attack. (Eg. If they have 10k health, a 6k boss attack is reduced to 4k with a level 5 transmit).

I don’t know if this is the right fix or not, but i do like that it gives sadhu 3 a purpose by being exclusive.

Sounds lewd, I like.

2 Likes

Out Of Body:

• Out Of Body Gains an attribute at C2 that causes it to ignore 10% of MDEF per level (Max level: 5)
  • Out Of Body Multiplier Changed: Lvl 5: 100% Lvl 2: 150% Lvl 3: 200%
  • Out Of Body Gains an attribute at c3, each attack with oob has a 10% chance to apply a stack for 50 seconds(unnamed), each stack will cause you to take 25% reduced damage from one attack and not get taken out of OOB.

Prakriti:

• (Stolen from @Wurmheart) Gains a new attribute that summons a Ghostly decoy at body’s location that lasts 3.5 seconds before exploding, dealing damage and lowering Speed by 50% for 5 seconds ( +5 seconds cd)

Vashita Siddhi:

• Now Scales by Percentage Lvl 5: -10% Lvl 10: -20% Lvl 15: -30%
  • Reduces Maximum health by 1.5% every second
  • Slows enemies by 1% (+2% every second) while in AoE

Astral Body Explosion:

• Now Hits 3 Times instead of One
  • Cooldown reduced to 15 Seconds

Possession:

• if used in OOB, will be a circular AoE around your spirit, deals increased damage equal to 25% of mATK while in spirit form

Transmit Prana:

• Gives Ally 10 Stacks (Requires OOB attribute), ally takes 25% less damage and gains +100% mATK, once ally is hit, one stack will transfer to you, until all stacks are transfered. same effect applies to you until you run out of stacks.
  • Cooldown Reduced to 120 Seconds

Do we still not know what the new attributes on Transmit Prana do?

Hi, so i restarted playing tos, anyone can suggest me a pvp oriented build for sadhu? (with the new rank 8 I really don’t know what to pick after sadhu… and also cleric 3 is a bad choice?)

If you want to be a DPS cleric, then c3 Cleric is a must. Heal 17 and Cure 17 are the best burst skill that you can get. Cure 17 hits like a truck with enough int. The skill can kill mobs post 280 with one cast. Heal 17, with blessing buff from pardoner, hits 34 hits per cast. You might need to get use to maneuver around it, but the damage is great, especially on large mobs like bosses. Honest, if you ignore flying mobs, you can get to rank 8 simply with cleric 3 alone.

Let me say this: some of your suggestions are decent. But most of them I do not agree with. All you are doing is adding more mechanics to Sadhu that are not necessary. For that matter, these suggestions are not realistic, or even possible. Even if they were implemented, I can already see the headaches from bugs and frustrations such as unable to finished this so called “stacks” because the players keep getting interrupted. None of these “buffs” will change the three factors that people dislike Sadhu:

• Bugs
  • Difficult to play
  • 0 Synergy with other class, meaning it doesn’t bring anything to the table except for damage

For that matter, in order to improve this class, you have to understand the reason why people play Sadhu. First, there are a few of us who likes the concept and think it is cool. I, myself, am in this category. Next, there are those who experienced the bugged/buffed version of Sadhu in CBT. Most of these players that played Sadhu on release has quit due to the nerfs. And lastly, there are those players who want to play Sadhu for damage and they want another source of damage versus flying mobs. Sadhu was originally a magical class that provided this option for players. However, with the introduction of Chaplain, many players quit because how easy and newbie friendly Chaplain is at low level. Thus, this leaves Sadhu at its current state. And the only way to change this is by introduce better synergy with other class that allows Sadhu to become a viable choice rather than just a damage filler that all class can provide.

http://i.4cdn.org/vg/1477031980311.jpg

EDIT: not my SS

3 Likes

Any translation of the new Sadhu attributes?

even if you do fix these issues, sadhu would still be terrible, sadhu’s damage is another issue. if i use fade, then use OOB in succession (no bugs) its still takes a long time to kill a monster, this is without the bugs and difficulty

and sadhu is a damaga class, you obviously dont want sadhu to be a damage class, bcuz of your last sentence.

1 Like

Can bokor only use Tet Mamak La when he has a zombie? Id like to use the skull so I can stay in fade and lure enemies away…

Does the skulls attack cancel the clerics fade?

so i’ll go pure int then some cos, after sadhu 3 what should I actually pick? I really like the idea of kabbalist but I don’t think is that useful :c

only when theres a zombie out

not sure, but it ptobably wont bcuz it ounts as a summon

1 Like

Not necessarily. There are five benefits a player should expect when they pick up Sadhu right now. I’m going to list them from the best to worst traits.

• Best range attack from all classes
  • One of the best mobility
  • Reliable CC
  • Sustainable DPS
  • Low SP consumption

While I agree that Sadhu needs a buff, I disagree that this so call buff needs to be towards Sadhu’s damage. As I stated before, I feel Sadhu’s damage is already good enough. Making my OoB basic attack deal 7000 instead of 6000 is not that beneficial to me. I am perfectly satisfied with the damage I put out with from OoB, ABE, and Possession at its current state.

I don’t recommend “pure” Int. I’m assuming you mean con. And yes, you will need con.

This is your character, you can pick whatever you want. But as for right now, none of the classes has any synergy with Sadhu. So it really depends on what you want to do on the side outside of Sadhu’s rotation. Kabbalist is a pure support class. If you want to dps, then this class is probably not for you. Personally, I wanted to deal continuous damage. Thus I picked plague doctor as my rank 7 and rank 8 class.

You are satisfied with ABE damage?

L
M
A
O

I dont even use the damn thing anymore

Anyways
I now have a Kriv C2 -Sadhu 1 to compare and contrast with my C3 cleric - Sadhu C3 as far as rank 2-3 goes.

Though its clearly easier to take damage with without C2 clerics (let alone C3’s) defensive bonuses.
Aukuras has accuracy down but until I get the Sadhu evasion trait up, I won’t get much out of it…also Aukuras cooldown is 2x longer than it needs to be Q_Q

Difference of 127x3 at level 80 vs 283x3 at level 80 when divine stigma 5 bonus is in effect.
Which is…pretty trippy given I haven’t equiped my arde on this Sadhu. It can basically 1k basic with no attributes given stigma buff lol and it has what a 3rd of my C3 sadhu’s magic attack.
Its healing capabilities leave a lot to be desired though.

edit: ah jeez gave it the arde… Main Sadhu has about 900 MA 1.4 OOB.
It deals about 1.7-1.8k OoB hits.
With 1.15 OoB, this level 80 Kriv C2 is already able to hit 1.2k+ with OoB and only 300 magic attack -_-
Less defensive skills since no Fade and lacking C2 SZ attribute (+ no Guardian Saint) but I guess with the ease of acquiring damage, that can just be pumped into CON or even SPR.