Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Official Sadhu Thread

You are daft. I’m not trying to be rude, I’m just pointing out, you are absolutely daft. You are unable to comprehend basic knowledge, and all you do is regurgitate garbage. Sir or Madame, please, use whatever brain you have to process basic information.

Possession isn’t even half our damage as clerics who roll sadhu into our build. The fact about possession is it’s one step away from just filler(Unless, of course you factor in how it’s another holy skill in your arsenal, and how you can use that information effectively). Possessions damage is possession while also reducing that number by the DPS that OOB could do at that same time. Cure, Heal, Ziabas, Carnivory, Merkebah, all tick while OOB is ticking, Possession doesn’t allow that. It’s not as good as you think, you fool.

Now I’m not saying it’s a bad skill by any means, but you literally can’t comprehend you can use OOB at the same time as all your other damaging abilties in your rotation, very easily. That actually makes OOB a wonderful skill to have in a rotation, and you think it’s utter garbage, which makes any argument you make, absolutely unintelligible.

Wizards, no, because Wizards are honestly dumb but everyone knows that. But, you’d be surprised how much a constant stream of damage does when most people are burst and blow their loads first. DPS isn’t only burst, it’s how much damage you do in any interval, hence the abbreviation for Damage per Second. And because of how Magic skills work in this game

Because yes, Possession is great, but if you ask me I’d rather do Possession plus free magic damage while it is off cooldown than just Possession and twiddle my thumbs for 10~20 seconds. Support when needed obviously, but because one skill is good doesn’t mean another is terrible. You’d have to use them in cotangent. Also Archers will love you long time for stripping the armor off the bosses with OoB.

You know what think would be cool. If you could use possession and still attack in OOB. Also if it temporarily made flying monsters count as non flying monsters.

all those skills can tick while possesion is ticking. the irony

thats because oob is the ONLY skill where you actually need to use other skills to do good dmg, thats y everyone is making the excuse "oob is good bcuz u can use OTHER better skills while using oob
. if i used cure,zaiba,effiy,and oob on a boss, oob will probably have only done around 10% of all the dmg i did.
and thats why possession is better, it can kill stuff without having to rely on other skills. and using other skills while using oob just makes oob even MORE clunkier than it already is. possession has a small cooldown so its way more reliable than oob.

like i sais b4, its bcuz possession doesnt even have to rely on using those skills to dmg, it can kill a monster way faster than oob does. oob has to rely on other skills to do good dmg, when in reality, oob only made up about 5% of the dmg you did to the monster.

In reality you are a daft fool.

OOB is FREE extra damage while using skills, you literally can’t beat a 10-15% increase of damage that’s just stacked ontop of your other skills.

You as I said, use it as supplemental damage. Because yeah, it only does 10% of your damage because you are using 8 other charges of skills. Learn to parse, bruh.

And even if later it goes down to 5%, that’s still 5% of the damage of 130 hits of damage, which translates into 7 extra hits you never would of had in the first place. Realize that a 7 extra hits of magic damage at Lv 280 is equivalent of around 30-35k damage. So insignificant.

free extra damage,even though thats what it is, i couldve probably preformed betetr without using oob due to its clunkines.

i porbably wouldve killed that boss a lot faster if i didnt use oob at all, that 10% coulve quickly been made up by effigy or 1 lvl 4 cure. all oob did was make me lose more hp and it just added clunkness.
yes it adds free dmg, but it doesnt do it very well.

Edit: those 7 extra hits coulve been made up with 1 cure.

Look at Dievdirby as a whole and compare it to Sadhu. Yes, the owls have flaws and do get knocked back but that is alright because they have other good support spells along with here it comes…the ability to auto attack or Carve. They can place statues and attack at the same time without worry of getting hit into their body it’s amazing. :astonished:

Actually you kind of do or else you’re not doing the deeps man. I see this as a pretty black and white thing here with what’s been said by not me but other people. You basically want to join a group and Fade around or be the Prakriti guy stringing along the group getting carried. No? Because the preaching you both are saying what you think OOB is and then in reality about what it actually is another story.

I especially think it’s funny that people think 5-7k health is viable and you’re not going to be spending time on the ground dying when I’ve tested the glass canon build already. This is what really kills me that people live in this lala-land when in reality you’re not going to impress anyone with your fading and spiderman ability to string around the map and then attempt to be bubble boy.

If this class isn’t about OOB then what else does it have going for it? Someone please enlighten me to a good reason I’d ever consider bubble boys or spidermans for my group. Is it the amazing damage and support they provide since OOB apparently isn’t for damage and Transmit Prana/Vashita Siddhi are great support spells?

But I get it though that Sadhu are just like Apple Jacks they just do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggHae3QNvCc

1 Like

What 30 seconds?
Can youspeak without exaggeration?
Have you seen the damage output 80% of the classes in this game do with their auto attack? It doesn’t measure up.

Using cooldowns is standard, OoB isn’t a cooldown, its a stance you toggle on and off that gives you range and magical AA’s.

AA’s get tossed in between your cooldowns, thats what OoB serves to do on its own.
This isn’t rocket science but you insist on beating a dead horse.

Sadhu’s problems are entirely in the rest of their toolkit being subpar. Out of Body itself is completely fine but this doesn’t seem to register.
ABE does irrelevant damage. You can math it out, it’s a weak burst skill and its definitely not consistent dps like your AA is. Besides it bugging you out, it drops your damage output considerable and the only way to make up for this it to have the skill hit a large amount of enemies…except the aoe ratio is nerfed in Itos.

So here we address an actual problem

1. ABE consumes Mana, The spirit, has a large activation time (which will be stopped if you are hit, and it will go on cooldown) and it has a 30s cooldown.
    You can outdamage it in two hits, and its aoe capabilities are restricted so that it doesn’t make up this advantage cleanly via Damage over a number of enemies.

2. Vashiti, consumes mana, breaks if you’re hit, has a considerable cooldown time and seemingly pulses out its confusion slowly which besides being resisted is only 50% likely to appear at all per pulse. The Confusion does not last a long period and as such it contributes little to PvE in a game where monsters operate quite well without their stats due to their own lack of scaling.

3. Possession. Works similar to Psychic Pressure except you cannot rotate it, and the skill damage isn’t double whats listed on the tooltip (Hellbreath also has double tooltip damage), all in all this means if you’re not hitting holy enemies, Psychic pressure will hit harder, however Psychic Pressure has a slightly larger cooldown.

4. Transmit Prana, wonky and of questionable value given it expects a level of Int that may or may not exist. Cooldown is inexplicably long for its effect.

and yet Im supposed to complain about the 1.5x Magical auto attack, that actually compares to other classes when Sadhu’s issue is everything but OoB does not excel or compare well. Vashiti removes a lot of stats but does not do any stat particularly well and monsters have low stats to begin with…what a benefit. There’s PvP but then a Spirit has no ability to lock targets down by itself, and your body is still vulnerable. This skill is impractical, ABE is a respectable knockback but a poor damage skill.
Out of Body is the main thing of this kit which isn’t a problem.

No it couldn’t. Actually. You can’t blame your bad gameplay on a skill that only adds damage to your kit. That isn’t how this works and you should know better. But I can’t expect that because you are daft. It’s okay, I understand. Also, you have downtime between other skills that literally the only damage you can do is use OOB for damage, and I haven’t even included that into this little equation.

You also choose Bokor, which is laughable at best. It doesn’t augment our damage in a meaningful way. Even if it could, you can OOB while effigy, and you can OOB while cure is out. I’m also comparing this with my Lv 10 cure. not your swill lv 4 cure.

@ophiuchu - As I said, Diev is support base, and sadhu is damage based. You can’t keep using that argument, whine elsewhere.

You really don’t need to “bubble boy” You only enter your safety wall to execute a safe extra damage rotation, or if a boss is currently attacking you or AoEing, while you use possession, that’s it, you are rather mobile otherwise. Since you also are using safety wall for it’s purpose of keeping the tank still, why not use it at the same time, God forbid things have multiple uses, heavens no.

I also have 7k health at my current level and plan to have 20k+ at 280, so what’s your silly point your trying to make? You are the one who is blind and not seeing OOB potential. Keep thinking it’s bad, reroll, and leave us be while we womp monsters without much issue.

oob isnt a pure “AA” it is its own skill, sacrament doesnt effect oob, so its not an pure aa. the mace melee is clerics auto attack. oob is a skill, not an auto attack, we just happen to use the z button to dmg while using oob.

Sacraments holy damage is taken.
You do not get additional hits, but additional hits is not a “Stat” in the first place. So it doesn’t get copied.

Your physical AA is replaced with the spirits magical one that is simple.

bokor effigy can do double the damage of oob, and has basically no downtime

youre saying it improves our auto attack… how is that a compliment to oob anyway?
auto attacks are bad so by saying it impoves our aa dmg doesnt really say much.
if it was “it improves our effigy or possession dmg” then that would say much, bcuz those are alrady good

Shhhh don’t tell them other class choices can do more damage than OOB or Possession. You’ll get five paragraphs of them talking about SP use which doesn’t even matter and they will feel justified. Or like how Bokor isn’t a DPS class when Zombie Train can farm a million times faster than an OOB Sadhu using Possession on a bad day. And how the move speed buff along with delayed damage is better than any other Sadhu support spell period.

2 Likes

It says plenty.
AA’s are not burst damage. Their sole deal is being accessible cheap sources of damage output. Out of Body gives you a magical one that scales 50% better than your normal physical attacks and can be enhanced to do twice more damage after that.
Again you’re complaining over nothing.
Out of Body gives you a better auto attack, its simple.
You think your auto attack should be more significant than it already is, but Sadhu aims to utilize the other skills of its toolkit.
The actual balance issue is that the other skills of its toolkit are underpowered, and quite frankly all you advocate is simply more justification not to use them.
“I need a stronger Out of Body so I can…use my other skills even less.”

Out of Body is fine.
Try using Astral Body Explosion on anything with 40k health and you’ll see what actual bad damage is. I can kill that with Out of Body in a fraction of the time, and with Possession even faster. So when ABE can’t deal credible damage what do I use it for? RIght a knockback, which is accessible at level 1 and does not mandate I go any further in the skill as it provides no extra utility or QoL by leveling it.
Vashiti can be stopped at level 3, as its effect is not potent and Transmit has targetting problems.
Yet you want to complain about Out of body. Fuking lol. “My Auto attack is only better then ABE, it doesn’t discredit Possesssion, please buff”.

vashhidha is fine as it is
ABE is fine as it is, better than oob atleast
oob isnt that good, once you get possession, you dont need oob bcuz possession can outdmg oob any day.
oob is really clunky, trying to use other skills while using oob just makes it even clunkier. i could get the job done easier if i left out oob

AH MY GOODNESS Y SADHU GOTTA BE ABOUT OOB AUTO ATTACK? People can’t even comprehend my deeps after going pure INT and no CON pumping out the 1k to 2k an OOB attack which no Chaplain or Paladin could ever do at any point by having STR. Let me just deny all reality and cook up some number within a very long paragraph that goes on and on and on and on forever like it’s going to matter.

You just can’t grasp my concept of the Sadhu class man give it up. They are meant to be played in such a way that you stop all DPS to wait on animations along with Fade just so you can setup subpar DPS. Clearly this is something you’re just incapable of understanding here when no other class can be so complicated for the amount of damage it achieves. After you spiderman all around the screen from your body and get in your bubble the numbers will fly off the screen so fast you’ll get a CommanderLoadFail.

The only thing I can see is that Tyler wasted 2 ranks for just 1 skill.
You should be picked another class, man. Really.

By the time ABE even activates you’ll out damage it with anything and everything. It takes over a full second just for the animation where your character opens their arm for the explosion. Then the explosion.
All it does damage wise is only significant with a large amount of targets and it can barely do that correctly.

exactly, most of the time oob misses and then im just stuck in the animation for an extra second while the monster just gets a run towards me