Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Nak Muay thread - welcome to the Muay Thai gym!

I like how they chose Dandelions as the rare plant you have to spend all day to farm when the plant is so common IRL people call them an epidemic that they struggle to get rid of.

I like how they want you to gather 100 strawberries and 130 jellyfish essences to make one strawberry cupcake.

2 Likes

Please tell me,

qwfqfff

WHAT PART OF THIS ONE CUPCAKE REQUIRES 100 STRAWBERRIES AND 130 MEDUJAS ESSENCE!?

Sorry for my late reply. Yes, it works, but keep in mind the Bleeding doesnā€™t have 100% chance, but itā€™s a pretty good debuff, since it lasts 12 seconds.

I picked Barb2 for my build to check if punching enemies under Ram Muay stance with Frenzy attack speed buff would be worth it, but I think itā€™s not. My stat allocation is full STR, but even with Quicken, I donā€™t think Nak Muay has good DPS as an auto-attacker.

Yes. Nak Muay has no weapon restrictions and you can use skills from other classes while under Ram Muay stance. About Nak Muay + Shinobi, Iā€™ve heard the clones will be able to copy your Ram Muay stance too.

You need to deliver fully grown Dandelions to the Dievdirbys Master. They grow from the spores you get while hunting monsters in Inner Enceinte District.

1 Like

What is the actual best build for Nak Muay?
Iā€™m a new player and loved the rank

Swordsman1 Peltasta1 Hoplite1 Rodelero3 Shinobi Murmillo1 NakMuay IMO.

1 Like

Why not Swordsman1 Peltasta1 Hoplite1 Rodelero3 NakMuay Murmillo1 Shinobi?

How about the stats? What kind of build should I do? Full STR or a DEX one?

Because I want the Nak Muay class icon showing in my partymatesā€™ screen. :sunglasses:

@andradetales5
Iā€™d go with full STR in PvE. The bleeding and the strike debuffsā€™ duration is long enough to use your rotation. Also, I donā€™t intend to max Ram Muay, I will leave it at lvl 1 and invest more points in the other skills.

I updated the OP with the vids posted here, btw.

2 Likes

How about a build between PvP and PvE? I already have a charg focused on PvP and one focused on PvE, Iā€™d like this to be a general one

Also, could I change Hoplite for Corsair for PvP purpose?
Is this a good change?

@STAFF_Amy

I was wondering where this chunk of weight in my inv was coming from and noticed these Nak Muay quest items have weight.

This is gonna cause a problem in the future when unlock vouchers are added and people who farmed a bunch of the items give up and use it instead since the items canā€™t be discarded.

2 Likes

I donā€™t have enough experience in PvP to give you an accurate answer, but Iron Hook + Frenzied Slash is a well known combo in PvP. The problem is, you canā€™t replace Hoplite with Corsair because theyā€™re not the same rank. Rodelero3 and Murm1 go well with Nak Muay because of the strike debuff skills. Adding Shinobi to the build, youā€™ll only have the first 3 ranks free. @Sarutobi picked Sword3, which gives you max Pain Barrier and Restrain. Iā€™ve heard Concentrate is interesting because itā€™s bonus true damage, but most people will max Gung Ho instead.

2 Likes

agree w/ @Pokart. The also good thing about using hoplite is it allows you to use spear which is way better than sword weapon cause it has huge physical damage compare to swords. Also hoplite skills are great for a lower rank class, Crit rate, Dps skils are good

What is Shinobi in for? Is it for the damage?
Could I replace it? Or itā€™s an important part of the build?
Thank you for taking off my doubts

unfortunatly not at least here in iTOS (I have no clue about kTOS tho).
I should have done more research before doing this but Im happy that iā€™ve done it!
thanks also for the Guide Pokart much love!

1 Like

How come people donā€™t do Hoplite 3 for max Finestra? does it not work with stance?

Itā€™s Nak Muay thatā€™s a good complement for the Murmillo Shinobi build. With the upcoming swordie rework, the bunshins are getting nerfed. They wonā€™t be affected by buffs or attributes anymore and the cooldown of the skills copied by the bunshins is increased if theyā€™re active. Nak Muay is good for Murmillo Shinobi because it benefits from the strike dmg debuffs and it has low CD attacks with good multipliers, which helps you to keep doing damage when everythingā€™s on cooldown.

Youā€™re welcome! Iā€™m glad I could help many players.
And yeah, they donā€™t copy Ram Muay on iTOS, but Iā€™ve heard from the guys in the kTOS thread they added it to the copied skills. Canā€™t confirm it though, weā€™ll find out this tuesday.

Personally, I only pick classes with similar dmg type or skill interactions. Since Hoplite is focused on pierce damage and Nak Muay is more oriented to strike damage, Iā€™d only take Hoplite1 in my build if I went the Murm Shinobi path.

Hey, first of all, nice guide! Really instructive and easy to understand. But Iā€™m afraid that Iā€™m throwing the white towel for this quest. Itā€™s just insane.
Initially I was planning to do a Swordsman3>Rodelero3>Peltasta>Murmilo2 build, but then when I reached Rank 7 I saw this Nak Muay class (didnā€™t know it was already released on iToS) and then decided to go for that. Holyā€¦ If only I knew how difficult this was gonna beā€¦

I did the Asana part first and in the end she didnā€™t appear on Poslinkis Forest, so I went to Inner Enceinte District to farm those Dandelions. Then the first struggle appeared: The dandelion spores drop is ridiculously low. I killed monsters for 1hour in that map and got only 3 spores. I was like ā€œMan, no way in hell Iā€™m gonna keep thisā€. Then I decided to go for the Dandelion 10-minute spawn and luckily there was no competition and I could loot 2 Dandelions every 10 minutes. As Iā€™ve already had 3 spores, I ā€œjustā€ needed 45 more dandelions, so I wasted almost 4 hours to get those.

Okay, Dandelions quest finished, now the Cupcake quest. The strawberries indeed were not difficult to drop, so it was not a frustrating experience getting those.
But man, those Red Meduja essence? Again, I wasted 1 hour killing Red Meduja and in the end I could only get 5 essences. Since there was no workaround for this one, I gave up right there. 1 hour = 5 essence, so 125 essence = 25 hours? No thanks. (Okay, maybe I wouldnā€™t take all this time to complete this task, but you get the idea)

I really canā€™t understand how some people can defend a system like this. I mean, Iā€™m a returning player (last time played was in early 2016. Game was too much grind to lvl up for me) so I canā€™t afford to waste so much time doing this whole quest. I gotta use my time-limited items, like the exp tomes, dungeon voucher, equips, etc.

I hope someday they can change this. The whole quest overall is not the problem. The problem is the drop rate AND the st*pid amount that is required for those low-drop rate items. If you donā€™t want to change the drop rate, then at least change the required number of items. Letā€™s say, 20~30 dandelions or 20~30 Meduja Essences. I think it would be still challenging, but at least a kind of challenge that it could be completed in a day.

1 Like

Totally agree with you, especially the red meduja essence. 130 essences is just retard, the mob is scattered around a big fcking map with insanely low drop rate, at least it should be the same drop rate at the strawberry 25% then 130 is fine.

1 Like