Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Kabbalist Overview

Yes. Provided that enemy has a number on their heads.

Also, the AOE of reduce level might be small, since whenever I did this on poala and spiky mole boss in missions, they’re mostly closed together.

Assuming you’re willing to waste points on the math skills, you can test this though you’ll need a pelta or linker to perform a mass reduce level of the mobs.

Thx :slight_smile: and “clone”? Will it only apply to one enemy or multiple enemies?

Unknown. Best wait for c2 kabbals who invested a worth in this skill.

Or those who are knowledgeable at least.

1 Like

https://treeofsavior.com/img2/news/developersblog/20160805/17_db_8rc_kabbalist3.gif

Players will be able to copy monsters at random with the “Duplicate” skill.

However, copied monsters cannot be re-copied and will drop silver and items just like the original monster but will not give you more experience points.

From the developers blog. This shows several things we have to consider:

1st: as we see from the effect of Clone, it seems to be an on-target AoE skill, considering that the animation is not a drawn magic circle that appears on the ground, but a wave motion expanding on the ground instead.

2nd: Targets who are cloned are either immune to Gemmatria/Notarikon or to Clone or to both skills to ensure that they can’t be cloned again. I don’t know if you can clone elite monsters, but if you can’t, the solution might be that cloned monsters have the elite status (this would require further investigations since elite monsters have a lot of “resistences”).

3rd: Clone most likely uses up the Gemmatria/Notarikon-induced status, as the number above the targets head vanishes upon skill useage (similar to Double Chance e.g.).

Sadly I won’t be able to check this since when I reach Kabbalist C2 I will certainly not invest any points into the skill. Even putting more points in Gemmatria/Notarikon seems more profitable than investing into this one xD

Alright, just u guys wait until the reset hits :stuck_out_tongue: I plan to up that skill to level 5 :kissing_heart:

I saw the gif animation above and I have some questions.

In the gif, the Mob are named in Korea, so the letters should different from my English version. Does the language I play have something to do with the calculation skills?

Should I calculate name of my character to avoid get the high number from opponent Kabbalist in PvP?

The clone doesn’t work in PvP, right?

Afaik the calculations are only based on the Korean names as it would be too hard to rebalance everything between English and Korean naming…

As for point 2, I don’t know if the calculation even works on players; if yes,it could be interesting xD

1 Like

Well, if I cannot see the Korean letter in iToS, so it is not calculation skills at all - More like, remembering or guessing skills. And it cannot even calculation player’s name, there is no part for any calculation left.

afaik you can change the games language to Korean ingame in the menu under the option language. The problem is that the display of Korean language is broken for the client and will only show as gibberish:

We’d need to have someone with Kabbalist on KTOS and/or JTOS to countercheck if the result is always the same,though.

Mobs have two names: one for displaying to players and use in game and another name that’s used inside the database mostly for making developer’s lives easier.

For example: The popolions in east siaulai woods is called “Popolion” but in the database their name is actually “Popolion_Blue”. The skill uses their database name instead of their actual display names.

Now let me try to explain how the skill works:

In a computer, every character is actually a number. The reason for that is because computers only understand 0’s and 1’s and those are used in the computer as binaries but represented to us, humans, as decimals (or whatever other base you want). So when you read the character “a” in a game, that character is nothing but a number (in binary) to the computer.

The most common programming languages of today use what we call an ASCII table to convert the number (saved in computer) to a character (displayed to us, humans). basically what the ASCII table does is say what number represents what character.

If you take a look at an ASCII table, there are a bunch of symbols that also have numeric representations. But for now, let’s stick with the letters of our alphabet:

http://www.asciitable.com/index/asciifull.gif

So if you look at the Char “a” in the table (in last column), you’ll see it has the decimal value (notated as the ‘Dec’ column in the table) of 97. Also note that “a” and “A” are two different characters thus they have different decimal values.

Now let’s focus on the Gematria skill. Basically what it does is this:

• Take the monsters database name.

• “Convert” every character in the monster’s name to their respective numbers in ASCII table.

• If the number is bigger than 100, divide it by 100 and take the rest of that division (this is called the “mod” operation in programming, represented by the “%” symbol, where division is represented by the slash “/” symbol).

• Sum up all numbers, divide it by 10, and take the rest (again, mod operation).

• This is the final number for the skill.

So now let’s see if this works:

I tested Gematria on a popolion in east siaulai woods. His database name is “Popolion_Blue” and remember the algorithm is case-sensitive.

This is the screenshot of the numbers being computed:

Now look back up at the ASCII table. The first character is “P” which gives us a decimal number of 80. The second character is “o”, which should give us a number of 111, but remember we need to take the rest of the division by 100? So that gives us the exact number in the screenshot: 11. Next character is “p”, remember it is case-sensitive, and following same logic as before, this gives us number 12. If you keep going on, you’ll see the numbers match the ASCII table perfectly.

Just a little note there that the last number is horizontally flipped because of the skill animation, it is number 01.

Now we have to sum up all these values exactly as in the screenshot. We get a total result of 367. 367 % 10 = 7. So now let’s check if our result is correct:

And it is! Amazing how our little kabbalist friend can calculate all those numbers so fast.

Now, I haven’t tested Notarikon (mostly because I didn’t take it in my build), but according to description and some common sense, I believe it should follow the same logic but take only the first and last characters of a mob’s database name, sum them up, and take the rest of the division by 10.

Now, why does all that matter? Well, if the skill works exactly the same way in pvp and takes the actual player name to make the calculation, you can spend some time thinking of your character’s name as to both Notarikon and Gematria always result into 1. Is that really important? Nope, completely not. But hey, we can always piss off some innocent kabbalists!

You asked about players with Korean or Jap symbols in their names, but it really doesn’t matter much because those symbols will just get translated back into numbers exactly the same way using an extended ASCII table.

6 Likes

Damn… thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

Edit:
Its great having technical people like u here :slight_smile:

In the reset class i’m planning to change to kabb 2. My stats are con/int.

i was thinking going with:

cleric2> priest 3> chaplain > kabb 2
or
cleric2> krivis1> paladin3 > kabb 2

my concern about chaplain is the damage scaling late game, and my other concern about paladin is my int/con based build. What do you guys think is better?

Well, I dont rly see a problem.
Kabba doesnt have many damaging skills … and those that he has are pretty awesome when it comes to scaleing.

R7F …scales greatly…just doesnt use your stats.
Double Chance …scales as good as your atk…
Merkkabah… well, it deals damage…but with Kabba2 it becomes pretty much a defensive skill…

Ein Sof… scales greatly…its % based.

Edit: Please somebody correct me if I am talking sh!t

PvE wise Reflect seven is really big deal. Because of scaling you can expect Timerys mob that weak against holy will get 150k damage (300k damage for pets holy moly lol) reflected and if Linker can time that correctly the damage will spread to linked monsters…

Kabbalist 2 is really a full support build overall, you just got burst damage via reflect above… So either you just match it with other support classes or use Druid/Bokor for INT DPS, anything else seems a waste and you better make other DPS burst (PD, Inqus, Druid, Krivis 3 - Tao) to replace Kabbalist 1 and 2 for latest ranks…

As a full support…with no killing skills…Kabba 2 change seems impossible…

1 Like

I just tested level 5 Clone.
You can only clone ONE calculated target :frowning:

But, you can change the clone with Oracle and it wont disappear… but u can not clone that changed clone again

If you can capture it in a video, i’d be good evidence for clone skill.

Hey, so with the rank reset Voucher. I’m thinking of resetting my current Kabbalist to get Cleric C2 for more healing. But now I have to decide whether to go:

Cleric C2> Krivis> Dievdirby C3> Kabbalist

or

Cleric C2> Dievdirby C3> Paladin> Kabbalist

or something completely different. Krivis gives me Daino and Zaibas while Paladin gives me Resist Elements (Maxed out Attribute) and Restoration

meh, take the second option.

Krivis c1, is awful to pick as a filler class. You can “always” buy daino scrolls in the market and used them in certain situation.

At least pally c1, you get turn undead, the best weapon to skill lv330 simple mooks and such. And…what you said.

Nah, he can be Cleric2 > Diev3 > Miko > Kabba.