Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Kabbalist Overview

Guys, it looks like multiple hit chance works with party members.

Yes, for only the first hit.

It works for party members because it’s a debuff on the enemy, not a buff on the kabbalist.

Using a 1 hit strong skill is the best you can pull out of it (Blood Curse, Snipe, etc) but it’s still a pretty garbage skill.

Note all the preparation required in the video:

• Ein sof for featherfoot (increase Blood Curse dmg).

• Heal featherfoot.

• Use Gematria / Notarikon

• Double Chance

• Needs perfect party sync because if someone else hits the mob after double chance it will wear off.

• Only useful against bosses or single targets (due to Notarikon’s and Gematria’s small AoE).

• You’ll never pull it off in a world boss. Most likely you’ll just help someone else deal slightly more dps.

That is kinda garbage :frowning:

Hi, wonder if someone would be able to help me clarify Gematria & Notarikon.The skill description of Gematria & Notarikon states Applies a maximum of + 1 times per level. Please correct me if I’m wrong. As I understand, this is the equivalent of +AOE ratio affecting more mobs per level within the skill’s AOE radius.

Does this means that skills that combos off Gematria & Notarikon will affect everything within the skill radius that has a number calculated?

Say for example if I’ve got a level 10 Gematria that is applied to a group of 10 mobs, then use Clone. Do all 10 mobs get clone with their calculated number?

I don’t think so. Reading clone description, it can only replicate “a monster” so probably just one.

At 1:18 of the vid we can see Double Chance working on the two mobs affected by Gematria:

I seriously wouldn’t trust the AoE though, both Gematria and Notarikon’s AoE are very small even at high skill levels (AoE is about as big as Hex’s AoE).

Not sure about Clone.

EDIT: As for your question, yes, higher level of Notarikon and Gematria increases the number of targets that can be affected by these skills on a single cast (but the AoE size remains the same).

As far I know, pulling that trick requires a linker to cluster all mobs in one position using hangman’s knot then cast the skill.

Other than that, it’s gonna require a hell of maneuvering and positioning

Thanks for the input guys! While there is still no confirmation if clone works the same way double chance does like in the video, chances good that it’ll likely be the same. All that’s left is to figure out the AOE radius of Clone and Double Chance.

I actually have a full Zombokor Kabba and am playing around with the idea of getting clone for large mobs in order to summon more scale zombies. Considering the large mobs don’t really appear too often in dungeons.

Lastly, if anyone knows if you have to wait for the calculation animation of Gematria & Notarikon to end before applying the combo skills?

No. You can cast reduce level once you cast the math skills.

Prolly the same as clone and double chance

Large mobs are usually Boss-type, though.

You can’t clone boss-type monsters.

Example of someone trying to clone Galok (thanks to @greyhiem for sauce):

This is helpful, I’mma add it to the guide

I’ve made a video sometime back testing the aoe radius of Notarikon.

The aoe is really really small. Can’t justify putting more points into it as mobs rarely cluster together without either a linker or circling around the mobs for some time.

Well, there’s still the option to use both Notarikon then Gematria to get most monsters with numbers you can before actually casting Double Chance. But we don’t know exactly how big Double Chance AoE is (if it’s same size as Gematria or Notarikon, we’re screwed).

But to be honest, I’m just trying really hard to push Kabbalist c2 skills to be of any use. I still can’t believe how useless they are compared to other rank 8 stuff.

Even the Blood Curse + Double Chance combo seems extremely situational and limited…

I just really wished Double Chance wouldn’t wear off with the first hit. That would be awesome (and maybe a little OP too).

I see what you mean, but at the same time… Kabbalist really got the short end of the stick. ignoring R8 classes entirely and comparing them to other R7 C2 classes, they are extremely weak.

The only few things they can do to the class is QoL changes. Like increase the radius of the AoE of Notarikon and Gematria, the quick calculate attribute should just be built into the skills. The duration of debuffs should be increased so there is less downtime for skills…

Just a few things I pondered about

can i calculate, and use reduce level + clone + double chance or do i have to choose one of those

Probably not.

You’d have to recast the math skills again before casting one of those 3 skills.

My point exactly XD. Large mobs are so rare that it’s hard to produce a decent number of scale zombies. To make things worse, even with MAX attribute, it’s only 50% chance. Level240 dungeon for example, only has those 9 red dog like mobs in the south most room that are large.

So I read about pet doesn’t benefit R7 previously? Since it’s old post I want to re-confirm your pet should reflect full damage now. And because the damage output is holy element, dark monsters will get multiplied damage per hit. 14k x 7 = 98k so sick (monster to 15%-ish HP from full HP). Edit: need confirmation for Bokor Zombies and you can make army…

Also if you think Offensive Merkabah was suck, well I personally use it as pseudo-Swash Buckling. If there is no party on Storage/Maven around My Kabbalist basically can solo these :sunny:

Still nothing good for C2. I personally want Sorcerer-type for Kabbalist C2 onwards with that pet abuse… Maybe since R7 also considered as damage it will reflect 7 hits + double chance count?

The pet not reflecting properly was definitely a bug and was fixed.

R7 + Double Chance should work. It just takes a lot of setup to do… Nota/Gem > R7 > Double Chance > then get hit. That’s at least 4+ seconds of cast times and waiting while setting up. If manage to do it, it becomes glorious.

Personally, I don’t want to see a summonable pet for Kabbalist. I think they just need to use the Math skills better and give more uses. Maybe have an Ally version where you calculate and multiple HP/SP Recovery based on the number or have the number calculated chance to cleanse a status effect every second. Like they have a good idea, but they need to go all in on that idea.

we already know 1 of the c3 skills, but not sure if its the only c3 skill