Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Kabbalist Overview

Butter was afk, Pez not xD

I’m still torn. PD are basically everywhere. Even later in Guildbattles or GroupXGroup almost every Cleric will go PD.

Gah I hoped that test would give me the kick I needed for going Kabbalist!

Multiple PDs isn’t going to help you either way. They will all just overwrite each other’s buffs and debuffs. If anything the Circle 2 Rank 6 Classes or Circle 3 Rank 5 Classes are also great options as well.

Besides going into a class for it’s gimmick combo probably isn’t a great idea, especially one that requires that much investment.

Kind of half expected it since it reflects damage back to the source. But this is really lol.

Hmm just an idea, would it be possible to use it while we are back facing the mobs? The wheels will be summoned directly right behind us?

Haha… What a lovely secret synergy… XD I actually didn’t expect this…XD

One more question about Kabbalist-Bokor… I hope it is an easy one for someone. I don’t remember… is Hexing actually Curse? Can you Petrify Hexed Monsters with Merkabah?

Hexing is not Curse. Curse is a status condition, where as Hexing is a Debuff. So unfortunately that doesn’t work well.

1 Like

The other problem with the skill is that it actually has a Cast Bar. Which makes it even more annoying.

Well, yeah then here the ultimate death combo for you:

1. get a linker, bokor and kabbalist

2. Make linker cast Physical Link

3. Make bokor cast Mackangdal

4. Get some damage

5. Make Kabbalist cast RS

6. Dont get another hit

7. Party wiped.

7 Likes

What a nice mass suicide idea. :heart_eyes:

LOL Unexpected. Thanks for testing it for us. Thats too bad it works that way.

ok, so if I understand it correctly, it basically doubles the damage you would take. So, can you cast Sevenfold on an enemy that has used Mackangdal on themselves? If so, you’ve just doubled the damage you can do to them.

Hexing should be an ‘upgraded’ version of Curse that applies both the ‘Curse’ status and its ‘-Magic Def’ debuff simultaneously, allowing you to Petrify enemies hit by Hexing that get hit by Merkabah and Effigy enemies hit by Revenged Sevenfold: Curse. I’m not a Kappalist yet so I can’t guarantee both of those 100%, but I’m 99% sure it works this way from the descriptions and Curse-state animation alone.

You can’t buff enemies with Revenged 7x.

That moment when you’re about to do something cool that ends up backfiring.
Uploading…

2 Likes

Yay you gave me back some hopes…could somebody test it?

Confirmed in-game, Hexing is counted as ‘Curse’. A Featherfoot in the party Cursed enemies with Bone Picking, and I was able to Effigy all of them. Thus, Hexing = Curse = Merkabah can Petrify.

3 Likes

This was twisted but I accept it. haha :smiley: Thy.

I’m not sure that’s a 100% confirmation, unless I’m missing something.

Controls an enemy afflicted with a curse and inflicts damage from afar. Bonus damage is dealt on the 3rd attack.

Inflicts [Petrification] for 3 seconds on enemies affected by [Curse] when attacking with [Merkabah].

Perhaps Effigy doesn’t care what type of curse is on the target while Merkabah does.

Mainly just throwing this out there before someone tries to make a build about it with the possibility of it not working.

Well, there’s only one base ‘curse’ status in the game. Hexing is just Curse that’s packaged with a -MDEF debuff.

I also doubt the Devs intended for Merkabah’s Petrify to rely on an entirely different class @ Rank 7 in the Wizard tree, since being able to time Merkabah with Revenged 7x’s % chance at cursing en enemy is even more roundabout than the method I used to figure this out in my last post.

It’s likely a synergy thing. However it’s extremely limited. I don’t expect many people will be taking that Attribute due to having the very limited setup for it to execute properly.

The problem with revenge sevenfold curse affliction is the duration. Merkabah takes time before it hits the enemy and probably the curse duration is already done.

It would be good if the petrification ailment does rely on curse but that’s about it.

Not to mention, most wizards that I encountered rarely cast debuffs.

wonder if they will add attributes to the math skills.

Thanks for this! I’ll add a note to the overview.