Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Inquisitor's Thread

I can’t say with utmost certainty until we get our hands on the update. I’m just glad to see that the Inquisitor part works well with Chaplain (even more so that before).

Honestly, he/she might have very valid reasons for his/her choices (since it’s SPR heavy). :stuck_out_tongue:

Kriv2 could perhaps have been better since Inc Mdef no longer scales with SPR, no? Anyway, still just theorycrafting. Exciting updates nonetheless.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Afaik it got SPR scaling again but it depends now on skill lvl too.

IMD scales once again with spr, but quite poorly imo.
The current formula is: 30 + (([Skill Level] - 1) × 3) + (([Skill Level] / 5) × (([Character 정신] × 0.8) ^ 0.7)) [Source]

So 500 spr would be about 66 magic defense… meh.

Discern Evil is still quite good but based on that video it now has a % based cap like melstis. It does combo nicely with MM, Pillar of Agony scrolls and reversi scrolls ofc.

Indulgentia also deals more dmg, but spr builds don’t really need to invest in enhancing & transcendency to begin with.

And simony hasn’t changed as far as I know.

In terms of krivis:

• Zalciai is crit attack x 0.1 x skill level. And also reduces crit res by 10 per skill level.
  • Daino is still really good for a priest build ofc.
  • Rest isn’t really relevant for an spr build.

Honestly with the changes to crit chance and crit attack I don’t think zalciai is worth anymore.
2150 crit rate is far too hard to get, and since crit attack is now affected by pdef (might be a bug, you never know with imc) you’d need a massive patk just to notice it.
I’m just not a fan of it after these changes. But depends a bit on the builds people will use.

Though I do like the reworked melstis for such an spr build, but it’s even harder to fit in.

It seems that any Priest3 build would be doing themselves a disservice by not going SPR.

Since there are no more '1’s for damage, blessing will always add the damage it is supposed to add, so why bother with INT?

1 Like

In my opinion, Inquisitor is intended to be the STR way final choice, not the best class for INT or SPR build. And honestly that’s fairly a good thing to push him more in that direction. STR Cleric has been weak for a long time.

Hi! I’ve just reached Inquisitor with my character yesterday and I’d like to plan in advance what to do and try with the daily resets next week. My build is Cleric > Priest 2 > Paladin 3 > Plague Doctor > Inquisitor, built mainly so I would be able to solo stuff and out-tank or out-heal pretty much anything with Healing Factor, Revive, Mass Heal, etc. Stats are currently: 161 DEX, 70 STR and 52 CON (maybe STR was unnecessary, but we all make mistakes).

Since there’s a lot of stuff changing about skill damage scaling, I’d like to know how would you reccomend to allocate stats and skill points for this same kind of character after the rework. Currently I was going for Malleus Malleficarum and Breaking Wheel lvl 5, God Smash lvl 1 and Pear of Anguish lvl 4 (depending how Pear scales with level I might put more points into God Smash), but I don’t know if that’d be viable for a physical damage build after the rework. As for the rest of classes, I assume Cleric, Priest and Plague Doctor would be largely untouched (unless there’s something in the rework that makes healing myself impossible), and Paladin would not change much either (as I maxed Smite, Resist Elements, Conviction and Barrier), but I’m not sure about Inquisitor or the stat points (will DEX be of any use to this kind of build? Are God Smash/Smite affected by attack speed?). So any help would be great.

Thanks in advance!

So, everyone how’s your (insert random class here) -inquisitor faring in the new patch?

I am still running tests on my old build. and will be testing one of my potential switches later.

All mine are MONK 3 based tho.
And so far I like it. Double Punch hurts right now… like really nice

However… I was at venezaris +11… tried to +16…welll…i have a +8 one now… so there is that

My Paladin/Inquisitor, damage test after patch.

I feel that Malleus Maleficarum is a little bit weaker now. :expressionless:

Havent notice how weak MM is.

I mean, I only use that to boost my cure and zaibas and other boosting stuff I have.

Ack my damage with MM on the mission with 970 magic attack is around 500-1000

What about pears? They seem to be doing almost nothing in PVE.

1 Like

Yep they got hit hard.

I do like the fact that I get 5 of them for one cast then cast sevenfold and watch the fireworks

EDIT: Okay, they’re definitely weak.

2 Likes

How about in PVP? Did you try already?

Nope, don’t like to pvp.

Best ask the other people who at least pvp or kill some player on a duel

Did anybody notice that wheel isn’t working like the tooltip says? It has 10sec duration in any lvl, but my lvl 1 wheel seems to stays only for 5 sec or something.

Inquisitor feels a bit weak right now - [quote=“Huerin, post:381, topic:333840”]
EDIT: Okay, they’re definitely weak.
[/quote]

Yep. I was genuinely shocked how useless they were, they are far less useful than a regular autoattack.

In fact, of the inquisitor kit, only the wheel kinda impresses me. :frowning:

1 Like

Hm…
I am not sure what you guys are talking about.
Wheel + God Smash hits really hard…
When did 98k damage GodSmash became weak?

I am testing monk3 into inquisitor builds…
I am deciding between monk3 into PD/Orace/Inquisitor

So far I have tested 1 build with Oracle, it was nice.
After switching that same build to Inquisitor… I am no doubts picking that at rank 8…
I will however test PD and may be Kabba in there as well, but the damage inquisitor provides is insane.

Here is the thing though. Pears are no longer worth leveling past level 1. it still hurts wen they fly. not as bad as you guys make it sound. The explosions were fixed a while back, so that is gone now.
Also it makes pears more balanced for PvP.
MM was ridiculous, now it is just normal skill with utility to burn magic oriented opponents faster. (helps on some bosses)
Wheel into God Smash is FANTASTIC. try it. i can do about 98k damage non crit with it. that is with around 3.3k PAtk. without armor break.

Fast attack animation with dex on Monk skills, makes them possible to be used in PvP. Same applies for God Smash and wheel,

So I am not sure what your guy’s issue is…

1 Like

The issue is that pears are really, really, really weak, mostly. Shockingly so. That’s it, really.

It’s not a major, super terrible issue, and God Smash does hit pretty hard. And the wheel is impressive, as I said above. But the pears just aren’t :stuck_out_tongue: They’re easily weaker than even Gohei.

2 Likes