Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Featherfoot Thread

Honestly Necro1 would’ve made more sense. That way you have another powerful skill that works with links (Flesh Cannon). I chose Linker 3 to future proof my build and be of use to guild world boss parties (Lifeline). If future FF ranks don’t give me at least one more dps skill I’ll be in deep trouble lol. Or maybe I could buy Frost Cloud scrolls oh wait.

FF will not work without at least Wiz2 for Surespell. Tbh no dps build will work without Wiz3, unless you’re some overgeared Pyro3 or something.

1 Like

Ah k, so i probably skip ff then thanks for your advice.

Well my original plan was going linker 3, necro + icewall/pp, was going to be a linker mainly. but then rank 8 classes got announced and frankly atm i have loads of damage output skills, so i really don’t need much more. but the hp drain sounded interesting and the bone that tanks monsters.

The build is a bit all over the place. It tries to do alot of things but does not excel to any. The ice wall pp combo has 65s cd and a bit unrealiable. The necro pick-up is also a bit inferior to necros who got the quick cast attribute both for the damage and the reduced cast time. Your damage for your current level range is still fine but you’d suffer a lot as you move on (starting at alemeth). Of course party play can help at this. Probably picking up warlock would help a bit in your build for more damage. Featherfoot will just add sustain (you won’t be able to cast blood sucking reliably as well) but not enough damage to compensate for not getting wiz 3.

You can reduce the points from energy bolt and lethargy and place them to reflect shield. Reflect shield does help somehow in preventing push backs allowing you to cast melee spells reliably (blood bath). It does not prevent knock down though. Energy bolt 1 or 0 then lethargy at level 1. Other than that the build is good.

1 Like

Hi,

Would this be a good build after the Pyro Buffs in kTOS. Currently, I’m playing a Ele-Warlock as my main so this will mostly be a solo build, but also be useful in parties since it have linker in it.

Wiz1>Pyro1>Link1>Pyro3>Link2>FF1>FF2 (in future)

1. It’s fine if I’m not the main damage dealer or have extremely high DPS like ele-warlock, but I wanna play something different and fun, but at the same time I don’t want to totally suck at parties and be useful to them so linker2 is there to help

2. Without Surespell, how often would my blood sucking get cancelled. In the first place, do people even stand at one position and use blood sucking over a long period of time. Because unlike other channeling skills like psychokino, the SP consumption isn’t as harsh as FF so they can channel it longer. Is blood sucking a main DPS skill or a filler DPS skill with the added bonus of healing HP?

3. I’m thinking between this buiild vs a Sorc-Linker build such as Wiz3>Link>Sorc2>FF1>FF2 (in future). How will the Pyro build fare against this?

I don’t think you understand how my char works.

wiz3 isn’t much interesting for me at all.

Surespell is easily replaced by freezes / sleep / hk. monsters have no chance to interrupt me.

Quickcast 50% cast speed, is not needed, only cast speed skill i have is flesh cannon and frankly, the 3 seconds it take to shoot that is easily covered by my cc. The cast is rather fast. Everything else is instant.

quickcast 50% more m.atk on skills casts attribute. which is m.atk and not total damage. So that translates for elemental on frost cloud and hail which i calculated a while ago towards 33% total dmg boost. Easily covered by 35% attributes which i applied to the skill.

Need more damage? can always up it through attributes. Sure more expensive but coverable.

Then about the channeling skills like PP and blood soaking. I use PP all the time in my killing rotations without the use of icewall. It’s extremely good to proc massive amounts of burns from my heavily over enchanted ignition rod.

A combo i use for example to kill a group of 50k hp monsters

shoggoth>jp>hk>ice spike>ice spike>pp

the moment the freeze is over, monsters are death, blood sucking will be no different in that spot.

Throw in there a soggoth with decay active + dirty pole that drains on rank 1 50% of the target current hp = gg.

Flesh cannon is nothing more then a backup skill atm for me, but it will get used more and more for later levels to burst more damage faster. Currently from what i tested my flesh cannon hits for ~60k dmg on a group of monsters nothing to joke about, and basically good enough to burst down hgih end monsters for 50% of there hp already.

So yea i don’t forsee much issue’s, all of these skills are low cooldowns.

icewall + pp

Nothing hard to setup really, for quest boss monsters. soggoth will walk up to it and aggro it. All the time of the world to set up your damage.

For minions different options

1. jp+hk > sleep > icewall + pp
  2. jp+hk > ice spike 1/2 > icewall + pp
  3. jp+hk > icewall + pp

I use myself audra staff and i got 10 levels in jp because of linker 2.

So what i do.

swap weapon audra staff > ice wall lvl 7 ( 8 tiles ) > swap weapon ignition + arde dagger > jp the wall so all 8 walls are linked and pp hits all of them > pp

if the boss or monster(s) are anywhere near the wall they will get every hit 30k dmg and it hits fast. Everything freezes in front of it permanently + burns as ignition rod will go insane on burn procs, because of sharding.

Total damage this outputs is 200k+ on bosses in seconds. Which equals elemental/wl burst every 60 seconds.

For party’s, i’m a linker mainly. which increases everybody’s damage, i use icewalls + pp mostly to burst large groups or freeze monsters in place as support and barely use flesh cannon. only if burst is really needed at times.

The thing now is, i got 1 rank left. i originally wanted to move into linker 3, but with necro 3 i got curious. While more summons will give me more damage on my links, ff gives me better sustain. All the skills ff has are perfectly workable for my char.

This character doesn’t fall off later game, it actually shines there :stuck_out_tongue:

You can always have 100% attributes + QC +50% dmg. Still better than without wiz3 build. You just cant contrargue that. Its simple math.

wiz3 have best synergy with FF, and Necro. Makes life much easier. Why complicate build if you can take wiz3 and melt all things down faster than any other build.

On truffles, evac, storage you can one-shot mobs with QC + high attribute flesh cannon and good gear. Without QC its super hard on evac/storage/abby.

1 Like
  1. I also am a fan of pyro 3 builds as an alternative to ele 3 builds. Yes linker 2 helps alot with parties but they can still knock your fireballs away. I hope that pyro gets an attribute that can disable the fireballs from push back. I think pyro will shine when the hell breath patch is applied to our content

2. It will get cancelled most of the time unless mobs are locked in fire pillar. You only stand at one position and do full blood sucking channel for boss monsters. Even if the target moves out of range blood sucking still does damage and leeches hp as long as you channel it. Yes - the SP consumption is very high. To fully channel it, I would need to have full/ near full SP then chug a SP pot before channeling. For mobs it is a filler, for boss monsters it is one of your main dps spells.

3. IMO, Wiz 3 > Link > Sorc 2 > FF2 is better unless levitate costs tons of MP for upkeep. Looks like pyro will actually benefit more from Sage due to the replicating fire balls and widening/strengthening fire pillar/ flame ground. I think we still have to wait for more info to decide for the rank 8 choices.

The thing is most high level mobs are almost immune to specific types of CC. A lot of mobs can’t be slept nor frozen. And as what as ubabuba said, no one is stopping from a player to get 100% attribute + 50% quick cast bonus. It will still end up superior to a player without quick cast.

I don’t question how you play your build or how you enjoy it since my build is quite different as well and mostly a taboo for those who don’t understand how sorc + featherfoot skills can work together. It is just a matter of optimizing your options for class choices. Your build isn’t that bad if you enjoy playing it but the other options are plainly more superior. Also, 50k for one combo is too low, you won’t even kill truffles in one combo with that.

You are sorely mistaken. A lot of high level mobs cannot be frozen/slept/bound by HK. Surespell is an absolute necessity if you want to have any hope of channeling Bloodsucking for even more than 2 seconds. How far into the game have you gotten? Have you played through Storage at least?

50k damage is nowhere enough once you start Alemeth. Unless of course you party grind a lot, which is totally fine.

yes I guess you complicate yourself by having to use freeze or sleep rather than just jp HK then burst it down with damage skills. but I think gatygun build is a dps support type, which I think its better to get linker 3 for the stat buffs, and has different roles in party than just a DPS like he said

Playing an alternate DPS class has shown me why people just go Ele3-lock, other than for its obvious power. The game’s mechanics, some downright silly and bad, make it frustrating to play many other classes.

\beginrant

1. Joint Penalty is a very fickle skill. With level 15 JP, one beholds the way in which JP can snake through the most improbable of paths. I can face a huge mob and the tree root crystal along with other stuff behind me gets linked instead.

2. Terribly short mob leashes and stupid AI that makes the mob randomly start running away from you. All it takes is for one target to randomly start running away, even if it’s not low on HP, for all the links to break. Welp, wait another 22s.

3. Links breaking when they shouldn’t. One use of MM can break all the links of level 15 JP when used after HK. I seriously doubt that one MM can dish out 150 hits.

4. Scatter Caltrops and other random objects being linkable. When I farm in Workshop, I literally have to make sure every single Terra Imp Archer around me is dead before I start to link things. Otherwise I link maybe 2 mobs and 8 caltrops. Not to mention HK-ing linked caltrops = instant knockdown.

5. Game algorithm making it super laggy to play with a linker. Damage is calculated all at once on linked enemies, which is why you get freezes whenever you use MM after HK. Now try that in a party. I’ve managed to crash an entire channel while grinding.

6. Knockdown status is applied the moment the mob starts its knockdown skill animation (looking at you Blue Elmas). That means you have no chance to avoid the knockdown. Your character just stands in place unable to do anything while the knockdown “procs”.

7. Getting frozen in place for 3-4 seconds when you get push-backed while casting Hangman’s Knot. Idk if other classes get this but so far its only been HK that’s getting this problem.

8. Too many mobs are immune to all kinds of CC. This makes trying to use Blood Bath literal hell, with about a 50% success rate in some maps. Red Nuos in Maven are also immune to Joint Penalty.

Frost Cloud is just easy mode that circumvents all of these horrible mechanistic designs. That’s another reason people go Ele3-lock.

\endrant

1 Like

3/ Don’t use MM with HK if the mobs are too strong.

For example : if i use JP + HK for 4 mobs then use MM right after, each mobs will receive 3 x 4 = 12 hit, so the link will suffer 12 x 4 = 48 hit in total (so 2 more auto attack to break the link)

If you link 10 mobs then each mobs will receive 3 x10 = 30 hits, the link will suffer 30 x 10 = 300 hits (i think it will break before that, each mobs can’t even be hit 10 time)

Im 90% sure it work that way, so MM + JP HK work perfectly as intend, not bug :slight_smile:

Sure but the reason i stated it was that my damage doesn’t drop off at all and will be solid without wiz3. I can keep the damage up basically. I don’t need to compete with a pure damage dealer.

This build is a ET build most of all, so i think at high end department i will be perfectly fine.

This char was more designed to support then to be the main damage dealer. If i wanted to go full out damage i would log my elemental/wl char and stay on that. but i dislike the survival / playstyle of it.

@Ellyr

Yea i wanted to play something different, so thats why i moved this way. and frankly i love it already from the moment i hitted kino1. really love its playstyle.

I haven’t been in storage, but i picked this build for ET basically. which seemed to be really good from the dude that run through the levels of ET daily. So picked it up and just jumped in blind. And i must say i love it so far.

Well the damage combo was a example of how easy it is with no skills to burst monsters down.

Now for alemeth:

Shoggoth decay > jp > hk > dirty pole > ice spike x2 > pp ( to get the burn starting ) > sleep > flesh cannon, will be enough to nuke down any 100+k target.

This sounds like a lot of effort, but its really fastly done without issue’s.

@ginoang_linx

Exactly it started out as a support build, ice wall freezes on targets, decay on targets + links. Everything else is gravy.

Meanwhile a necro with Wiz3 nukes everything with just Link, Quick Cast and Flesh Cannon… so idk how you can say you can compare with that. But whatever its your build just have fun with it. If you say you want to support mainly then you’ve got it.

I thought that JP -> HK -> Blood Bath would be effortless too at first. But oh god, I need luck to pull it off now. It seems like you just ignored my and two other users’ comments about how many high level mobs cannot be CC-ed.

I’m pretty sure that’s not how it works. Fencers with their multihit burst and Wugushi’s poison never break my links, even after HK is casted. It’s just the HK -> MM interaction that’s wonky.

As another example I can have 10 130k+ HP mobs linked and every single one of them burnt via Ignition. But the links don’t break before they burn to death. By your description the links should break after 2-3 ticks of burn on each linked target. I can also cast Bloodsucking on a mob of 10 and have them die before the links break. By your calculations that would have been 20 * 10 * 10 = 2000 hits??

Besides, if

things would be dying with so much leftover damage from one HK + MM. 30 hits worth 3.8k each is 114k damage. Yet I don’t see that happening. Both charges of MM after HK does at most about 70k damage combined at my level.

I know this. I just wish it wasn’t the way it is right now.

I can only speak “simple” English, so pardon me if i said so vague :smile:

I just do some simply test with my JP lvl 5 (mean 50 hitcount) :

• When i link 3 mobs then use HK + MM (only 1 charge), i need to auto atk 23 more time then the link break -> the link suffer 27 hit before i auto atk -> each mob being hit 9 time
  • When i link 4 mobs then use HK + MM (only 1 charge), i need to auto atk 2 more time then the link break -> the link suffer 48 hit before i auto atk -> each mob being hit 12 time

As i said “i think it will break before that, each mobs can’t even be hit 10 time”, if i use MM into 10 mobs with HK, on paper each mob will receive 30 hit, i will cause 300 hit to the link,. But actually the link of JP can only endure 150 hit so each mob will receive 15~18 hit then the link will break

Still weird that the damage they receive is different

Magic Missile is a “special” skill when pair with HK (or all kind of AoE reduction,maybe), it will deal much more damage then normal. If Fencer, Wugushi or Featherfoot skills does not get the damage increase like MM, maybe those skills are just “normal” skills, will not cause too much damage to the link

(Also, maybe a bit irrelevant, i link 5 mobs into 1 place, then use Flesh Cannon into all of them, i thought the link will break immediately, but no, the link break after 34 more auto atk)

Yes, and that’s what I’ve been saying. HK + MM interaction is very weird. It does enough hits to break the links from level 15 JP, but the damage definitely does not come anywhere near 150 hits. Your test with Flesh Cannon is how it should be working. Flesh Cannon does 16 hits so the links are left with 34 hits.

This is definitely a bug or at least an unintended feature, since other AoE ratio dependent skills like Multishot and Sept Etoiles definitely do not break my links that easily.

But does Multi Shot and other skills deal more damage to mobs affected by HK like Magic Missile ?

If the answer is “No”, then MM + HK work … fine, some kind of “high risk high reward”, might be annoying because the link break too fast but we have somewhat stronger damage to compensation

If the answer is “Yes”, then forget what I said :dizzy_face:

So you’re saying it’s an intended mechanism? That MM does extra damage but all the links break in return?

Guess I could buy that.

Thanks for you advice Ellyr, i have a last question about the build, its good idea sacrifice 1 circle of thaumaturge and put necromancer in rank 6 to get more damage or its better keep the 2 circles in the build?