Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Featherfoot Thread

Just added another game play video. Solo Storage. Quite a bit of mistakes

1 Like

whats your server? :grinning:

Telsiai

/20charsā€¦

Thought Blood Bath stops them from moving since every video I saw the bleeding mob just stands there and do nothing while it is bleeding.

Bluo Nuos have pain barrier. See the blood bath test and the general gameplay vid. Brown Tinis get flinched hard due to the ticking blood bath damage.

Would be cool if Detonate damage has a high base damage + a bonus based on how much hp you loose. Feathers with thauma will be an awesome combo in this aspect.

Oh that would be a nice concept.

Hi, this is my first time writing here in the forum, Iā€™ve been thinking for a long time in make a featherfoot, and this post makes me think in options for my build, actualy i have two ways to make the build and i dont know what of the options take for the build:

Wiz 3, Thauma 2, linker 1 and Featherfoot or
Wiz 3, Linker 2, Thauma 1 and Featherfoot

A good friend says to me that i need to go Cryo 2, Psycho 1, Thauma 1 and linker 1 but im not really sure about that

Been busy leveling my Wiz3 Linker3 FF. Currently level 263 and here to report my experience before people jump onto the FF hype without knowing what theyā€™re getting into.

First of all, itā€™s been a super fun class to play. Out of all the characters Iā€™ve raised, this one has been the most fun. Nonetheless, FF (or rather this build in particular) is underwhelming as a DPS.

Blood Bath looked pretty good on paper. However its 13 hits still dish out too little damage at high levels (4.5k ticks with +50% attribute). Not to mention mob knockbacks and pushbacks and CC immunity driving you crazy when this skill gets cancelled half the time even with Reflect Shield on. When that happens, you just bunny hop around waiting for things to burn to death, if you use Ignition. Granted, this skill is meant to be an off-heal, but until that kTOS patch comes it remains an underwhelming dps skill. Oh and youā€™ll be helpless against plant and mutant type monsters. Wouldā€™ve been nice if the bleeding time scaled with levelsā€¦

Blood sucking does very good damage (5.5k ticks with +50% attribute) but consumes way way wayyy too much SP. And its only level 5 right now; level 15 Blood sucking will probably cost you 2 SP bars for a full cast. Its range is also a little small to cover a full mob that isnā€™t bound together by Hangmanā€™s Knot, which is the case with many high level mobs. HP recovery is fantastic though. Iā€™ll continue dreaming of an attribute that cuts HP recovery to 1/3 but doubles the damageā€¦

JP -> HK -> MM combo destroys things at first. But once you get to Alemeth Forest you realise what goes wrong with this setup - the links break. Yup even level 15 JP breaks from 2 uses of MM. As an Ignition user, I canā€™t rely on this combo too much when I solo. So I dance around burning everything and only use this combo as a finisher.

All the above means some serious downtime for my character when he solos. Bloodbath got cancelled? Either waste one SP bar for Blood sucking or bunny hop until mobs burn to death. Staircases and stuff messed up your JP? Run around in circles for the next 22s. Maybe I wouldnā€™t be in such a spot if I had taken, say, 1 rank in Sorcerer for Templeshooter and Summon Familiar. But as it is right now, with a limited dps skill set, solo-ing can either be smooth and fast (Iā€™ve done 10m/hour at Storage) or downright frustrating (trying to farm mage mobs with knockback).

Party play is different. Everybody loves a Linker in their party. With the right composition (read: an archer/fencer with good burst dps), things die as soon as you HK them. And I donā€™t just link, I can clear entire groups of 10 myself, assuming Blood Bath hits. Iā€™ve hit upward of 15m/hour in a party without elememe or chrono if the group knows how to play around JPā€™s cooldown.

Thatā€™s been my experience so far. Will add more as I get to higher levels.

tl;dr: Super fun class but takes too much effort to play right. Elememe-lock still better.

3 Likes

Iā€™m actually going to test wiz3 - linker1 - thaum1 - necro - ff. Already got my necro, letā€™s see how it works when i reach r7. Thatā€™s the build i said i was going to test btw

1 Like

Very good insight.

Featherfoot as the solo dps circle in your current build is lacking for the extra push for damage. I donā€™t think featherfoot can hold its own (for now) as the downtime is too high with only bloodbath, blood sucking, and magic missile as your core spells. The best thing is to add a filler for dps such as necro or sorc to not entirely rely on the featherfoot skillset. But I agree though, in the current patch we still cannot compare to the popular ele3 build. Atleast Iā€™m having fun in the class I am using now and in no way it is bad. Ele 3 is just too good.

The really sad thing is that when R7 was first released Ngadhundi and Blood Bath had opposite cooldowns. Yes, we had a 13s Blood Bath but IMC decided to switch it for whatever reason. That switch alone gimped FF by a lot.

The first build is much better since you get a lot more in thauma 2 (reversi and swell right arm) than Linker 2 which just adds 3 more links. Thauma 2 will grant you another buff which increases your damage and enables you to compete for world boss (flip magic circles using reversi). If you really like linker 2, I think that you should drop thauma for another dps filler such as rune caster or necro.

The 3rd build is bad. Donā€™t take it

1 Like

Thanks for your advice Ellyr, i gonna start tonight with my future featherfoot :smiley:

1 Like

I didnā€™t know about that lol. Iā€™d like to have that patch back even if the healing effect of blood bath stays the same as our current one. I hope that they would just enable ngadhundi to boss monsters with lesser effect but that would be too over powered balance wise

At your current level, are you utilizing the swell body + decay?

Oh donā€™t forget. Take linker after wiz3. Itā€™ll make your levelling a breeze. Take thauma at rank 5 and rank 6 instead if you are going that route. JP + HK then MM will decimate every mob at your level range.

Not yet, i donā€™t see any reason to use it besides the exp and loot bonus, since i can just make mobs disappear with JP and flesh cannon, or even MM.
Iā€™m just wondering if i will have too many skills to use.

1- buffing with swell right arm every 50 seconds
2- Shoggoth up for decay bonus
3- JP + HK + swell/shrink + quickcast + flesh cannon/blood bath/ngadhundi/MM/blood sucking (insert surespell before, if i use blood scuking)

But in compensation i will have a lot of skills to use when another is on CD. And shoggoth to tank a little bit without messing my SP. He can take the pressure from me if i want to relax, tanking everytime with FF is a pain

Okiedokie, right now this is the build that i gonna use

So how do you feel about your combination, would you rather have dropped linker 3 to get another damage class into the combination? And do you think featherfoot is worth it without wiz3 dmg increase?

Because currently iā€™m a wiz1/cryo1/kino1/linker2/necro1 and thinking about putting ff at rank 7.